paradoxangel

Summer Event

I had no idea it was replacing Valentines this year! Where did you find this info?

I meant that in cave, it would have to replace Valentine's Day, because they're two days apart. (Though the Feast of St. Valentine can only be celebrated in Church in a very limited way this year, because it falls in Lent — in Europe, it can't be celebrated at all, because two of the patrons of Europe, Cyrill and Methodius, share this feastday.)

As to the religiousness, it's about as religious as Halloween. That is, folk traditions that connect to a date that has meaning religiously. In this case, Carneval was the day that you said Goodbye (vale) to meat (carne), because the next day started the Lenten fasting period.

Edited by mpolo

Ah, gotchya. *phew* For a second there I thought my Vallies would go without sex this year.

I mean, um. I wouldn't be able to breed them.

As to the religiousness, it's about as religious as Halloween.

Which is to say, not at all. xd.png Okay then, fair enough. Hmm. I'm going to look up New Orleans holidays. They've got to have something we can use in the summer.

What if instead of a day, it was a week long event? Like with the recipes. That way it wouldn't be a huge deal if you were bus one day or even most of them, you'd have a much higher likeliehood of being able to participate.

THIS.

I love this idea, though my summers have a tendency to be insane and I missed a three-dragon release last August because I was getting married the next day. xd.png (I still only have one CB Blusang because of that!)

I see lots of pros here:

1) Those who weren't around for the original 'Beat the Heat' event and so didn't get the badge would get a chance to get one now, much like we get with holidays at present. (Confession: I just want that blasted badge.)

2) Another fun activity for both the creative spriters and those of us who just enjoy collecting and activities and things (suddenly I want a summer haunted house! The mods will kill me now).

3) If it's a week-long, like most of the holiday events are, most people will get a chance at some point to participate. It could even stretch on for two weeks, with a new (permanent addition to the caves) release for a few days at the end.

I love this idea and am having to restrain myself from jumping all over the activities we could have and the things we could do because I have neither spriting ability nor time. xd.png

Support!!!

ETA: And why bother having it revolve around a holiday? Just call it the "Beat the Heat Event" and call it good. cool.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

I would like a permanent summer release. There are too many awesome breeds on the CL that should be in the cave by now. I wouldn't want an game-event though, because I might not have the time to finish it with stuff going on in RL.

Oh, a sandcastle building/decorating event sounds fun! Love the idea. <3

Indeed. MUCH better than trying to add another limited edition holiday dragon !