SHODAN

Confirmation When Declining Trade Offers

Do you want some confirmation when declining offers?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally think a popup is enough. It prevents the accidental click from going through without being obnoxious. If enough people want actual password confirmation, allow a choice between the two. I'm not sure how important having a complete opt out would be.

Poll?

Do you want confirmation to decline an offer?

Yes, I want to have to enter my password

Yes, a popup is perfect

Unsure/Neutral/Null

No, I don't want any confirmation

Depending on the distribution of votes there are a variety of solutions.

A poll would be a great idea, but I have no idea how to add it tongue.gif Sorry, total invision forum newbie here. Help?

I'm not trying to force people to like the idea or anything, but I don't see why it has to be optional? I mean it's not anything big or dramatic, it would just be a simple popup (I kinda like this idea better!) or quickly entering a password. /shrug I've never really had anything that's gotten more than 5 offers though, so I guess only if you have frequent trades with several offers? (don't take this the wrong way, I'm just wondering! smile.gif)

Edited by dragonstar

Either or, please! Don't care which. I always get twitchy when I have to decline offers, but I don't want to leave them sitting there when I know I'm not going to accept.

Cheers!

C4.

Just FYI, if you turn off javascript, you don't have to enter your password for anything. Just for those who get annoyed when they have to ! (I sometimes turn it off to hunt and when I go for an action....)

Oh thanks for that. Incidentally, I AM heavily biased about it probably due to work. When I get there, nothing is synced. I have to enter the same name and password: 12 times, to open various needed things. It's obnoxious.

Btw, I saw a more elegant solution on a mmo. I've no idea how feasible it is on a website. But, when declining an offer it would grey out for 5 minutes. From there, clicking on it would uh, "revive" the offer and remove the deletion. Doing nothing would allow it to finish expiring. This would let the people who frequently misclick have an option to undo their mistakes without burdening the people that don't.

I was hoping this would come up-

Total support. I have had it happen like this:

I offer:

2nd gen holly

I get offered:

1st offer: 2 hollies

2nd offer: 1 ND, 1 Dark myst hatchie, an even gen 4th gold, and a third even gen holly.

3rd offer: A CB gold

4th offer: Two waterwalkers and a waverunner hatchling.

I decline the 4th one and 3rd one.

I save the 1st one in case I get nothing better.

I go to accept the 2nd offer on a phone, hit "Decline" on accident.

The person had PM'ed me on forum.

I write an apology PM, get no reply.

I end up having to accept 1st offer because the 2nd offering person didn't re-offer.

I headdesk.

I would like to add my support for this.

Last night I went to bed with a trade offer in place.

This morning I awoke and there were 10 offers. I was so happy! xd.png

Then somehow the trade got canceled. ninja.gif

I must have accidentally clicked on the "cancel" link. ninja.gif It is easy to do, especially if in my case I have not had enough coffee ...

All my trades were gone.

I would love to see a confirmation, and preferably an option so that we have to input our password, or the word "cancel," in order to cancel a trade link! happy.gif

I would love to see some sort of warning or confirmation. I'm so used to viewing trades and transfers and clicking the "back to active transfers" link, but on a page where it's YOUR trade being put up, that area is the "cancel" link. I almost always click that and then curse myself because I have to put the trade up once more.

I hope it's just a popup confirmation. No going to another page and typing DECLINE or CANCEL. And people who have javascript disabled or whatever causes the popup to not pop, that's their problem.

Ideally I do not want a pop-up confirmation, but instead like other actions on DC, if we could have a simple way so that we could either type in our password or the action to prevent us from accidentally canceling trades, that would be great. smile.gif

I agree, I do not want to go to a separate page; I would just like it on the same page, like it is with all other actions. When we type our password (or name of action) for any given action, it is a simple process that does not involve a popup.

Edited by missy_

I've accidentally declined a beautiful offer ONCE and never want to do it again. >.< I would find a confirmation pop-up incredibly helpful.

I'm okay either way here.

I am going to say that if the decision to type in "CANCEL" or "DECLINE" is chosen, that there PLEASE be an option to check multiple offers to decline at once, as otherwise I'll probably turn into one of those people who does not use the decline feature (and I really do think it's polite to let people know I'm not interested so they're free to offer on other trades instead).

I'm okay either way here.

I am going to say that if the decision to type in "CANCEL" or "DECLINE" is chosen, that there PLEASE be an option to check multiple offers to decline at once, as otherwise I'll probably turn into one of those people who does not use the decline feature (and I really do think it's polite to let people know I'm not interested so they're free to offer on other trades instead).

That would make sense - people with really desirable dragons up tend to get buried in offers, I hear.

I totally support *an option* to have confirmation on trade declines/cancellations - the page-jump issue is SO common...

Oh I always want it since I cancel my transports accidentally all the time..

A pop-up will help. Just like what you see when you confirm your incubation(a note says "this action is irreversible").