SHODAN

Confirmation When Declining Trade Offers

Do you want some confirmation when declining offers?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This would be nice. ^^ I know that a lot of people are annoyed by extra confirmation requirements, though, so if it were implemented it might be best if there were an option to turn it off.

What about something like this? Different text, but focus on the checkbox idea:

user posted image

I'm blanking here--I know I've used the decline feature before, and I don't remember what happens. Does it really go all the way through with rejecting the offer as soon as you click on the decline link, with no confirmation at all? I thought it made you read a little line confirming it, enter your password, and hit okay on a pop-up telling you the action is irreversible just like accepting an offer or doing any other action or BSA. If it doesn't do that, it should, for the sake of consistency if nothing else. (And 'I don't wanna hit an extra button' should probably not be a valid reason to not implement it; since we have to do that extra confirmation for all actions it should be expected, not annoying, to have to confirm this one too.)

I've never declined. I doubt if I will ever intend to..... I don't see it as nannying to get a "confirm decline" button....

I'm blanking here--I know I've used the decline feature before, and I don't remember what happens. Does it really go all the way through with rejecting the offer as soon as you click on the decline link, with no confirmation at all?

Yup. Click the link, and the trade is gone. Don't make any mistakes!

If it doesn't do that (make you read a little line confirming it, enter your password, and hit okay on a pop-up telling you the action is irreversible just like accepting an offer or doing any other action or BSA), it should, for the sake of consistency if nothing else. (And 'I don't wanna hit an extra button' should probably not be a valid reason to not implement it; since we have to do that extra confirmation for all actions it should be expected, not annoying, to have to confirm this one too.)

This.

I've always thought the lack of confirmation was bizarre, and it most definitely surprised me the first time, since accepting requires confirmation. While I understand the dislike for "hand-holding" I would also really like a confirmation to be added here. For consistency, as already mentioned, and as proof against accidents -- I, for one, have been having serious issues with my touchpad lately (to the point that it went and locked me with a fresh CB egg last night while I was in another window entirely), and would hate to lose the trade I wanted to accept just because my touchpad spazzed.

It would be consistent with the rest of the site to have a confirmation pop up.

That said, I'm also ever so slightly annoyed by these things, and for me personally they defeat their purpose, because I've gotten so used to having to click OK, that I don't think twice about what I'm doing, I just click OK.

An option to forego on the warnings like stogucheme suggested, would be very nice, on all of them (to be checked at your own risk of course).

I think that this would be a good idea. It would make declining the same as all other aspects of the site.

An option to forego on the warnings like stogucheme suggested, would be very nice, on all of them (to be checked at your own risk of course).
This is also a good idea, as long as you are able to check the box for each individual popup, not just one checkbox to remove them all.

I think that this would be a good idea. It would make declining the same as all other aspects of the site.

This is also a good idea, as long as you are able to check the box for each individual popup, not just one checkbox to remove them all.

If you mean you won't get a pop-up when declining other offers, then yes, that's the idea. Though there should probably be a way to turn it back on...

@bbik: Yeah, I was terrified! Would not want to misclick again...

@the ones who claim 'hand-holding': There's a difference between hand-holding and asking you if you misclicked once (because of user or computer error).

@the ones who claim 'hand-holding': There's a difference between hand-holding and asking you if you misclicked once (because of user or computer error).

Almost every single action you take on the site with your eggs or dragons requires some sort of confirmation. Whether it's typing in a word again (and still having to click 'Yes' to confirm that yes, you did indeed mean to type those letters into that box), using a password, etc. It's excessive.

Every time one of these requests for a confirmation comes up, I always add my support for a way to turn this stuff OFF.

And every time I add my support for an 'optional' turning-off-all-confirmations, it gets shot down because someone says that somewhere along the line, some fool will turn their notifications off (an intentional act), do something 'accidentally' and then complain about doing it because nothing stopped them from doing it.

It may seem like I am nuts because I expect a different result each time one of these comes up, but I will keep arguing it.

/facepalm

It's like in the hotel where I work. It takes, and I kid you not, 7 unique actions using different buttons on the remote control to rent a movie through the pay-per-view system, including warnings that you're about to be charged & reconfirmation that you do want to rent that movie. Inevitably, once or twice a shift, a guest will dispute those movie charges because they 'didn't mean to rent it'. How can you not mean to hit those 7 or 8 buttons in that sequence?

Opening a trade window and just clicking one button by accident is too easy altogether.... NOT 7 unique actions. ONE click. And as someone said - a dodgy mouse can do that to you. I speak as one who dropped a screwdriver on my keyboard and instantly deleted all the PMs in my inbox on another forum.... sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

I recently misclicked and cancelled a trade (my touchpad is very sensitive) so I would love to have this as a feature. I don't think a confirmation box is really "nannying." Some people have faulty computers that accidentally click on things and a confirmation can really help. It only takes half a second to click "ok" or press enter anyway.

I do not see the harm in this but I also support variety with security actions. Our security actions now were added because of the tons upon tons of people who asked for them, saying they preformed misclicks, got hacked, didn't realize the action they were clicking, didn't realize there wouldn't be a confirmation, etc. By now all my action words just pop up when I type the first letter and I just automatically hit enter when the pop up comes by and I've gotten used to it. However, as I can see from some of the posts here, some people still wish these confirmations hadn't been added and don't want more. I prefer to make more users happy than having to choose a group and for things like this I can.

So yes, I support this, but I also support the linked suggestion if it's possible. :3

The difference I see with this and most actions is that for actions you have to click the dragon, click the action, and confirm (unless you have said not to worry to confirm. I don't know if you can. I have grandchildren, so I take no chances.)

With the trade link you open the trade page and there is that one choice of buttons. Click one and it's over. Whether you meant to or not. And has NO-ONE else dealt with an inquisitive cat ? xd.png

And as someone has said above - they got stuck with a CB egg when they didn't even have that window open....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I do not see the harm in this but I also support variety with security actions. Our security actions now were added because of the tons upon tons of people who asked for them, saying they preformed misclicks, got hacked, didn't realize the action they were clicking, didn't realize there wouldn't be a confirmation, etc. By now all my action words just pop up when I type the first letter and I just automatically hit enter when the pop up comes by and I've gotten used to it. However, as I can see from some of the posts here, some people still wish these confirmations hadn't been added and don't want more. I prefer to make more users happy than having to choose a group and for things like this I can.

So yes, I support this, but I also support the linked suggestion if it's possible. :3

Do you want me to make a poll? These would be the choices:

Do you think this should be implemented?

Yes.

Yes- too easy to slip up and decline.

No.

No- too much hand-holding.

Meh.

Other.

Not sure if it's been suggested before, but I did a search but didn't find anything.

Just like we need confirmation when we're accepting a trade (or doing pretty much any action), could we have something that asks for confirmation before declining a trade offer or cancelling a trade/transfer we made? It'd keep people from accidentally declining an offer they wanted to accept, or cancelling a trade/transfer (yes, you can make it again, but there'll be a new URL that you'd have to update if you posted your trade/transfer link to anyone).

If some people don't want this extra step, could it possibly be optional?

ETA: ....aaaand I posted this is in the wrong section *headdesk* I can't see how to delete it, so if someone would be so kind as to move this out to the general suggestions section? >_>" Thank you PF13!

Edited by Shadowflame

Hi, this is a pretty simple suggestion. It's so that when you have a trade and have at least one offer, you have to put in your password in order to decline it. The Accept/Decline links are pretty close to each other, and you need to enter your password to accept and offer, but not decline it.

There have been a couple of times where I've misclicked and had to find someone to offer something all over again, has this happened to anyone else or am I just a klutz? It's pretty annoying and I think it would be useful to have the password to decline.

I know some people are going to think it's a hassle especially if they get lots of offers normally, but I don't think it takes that long to enter your password. What do you guys think?

(I searched and couldn't find another thread like this)

As long as it's an option you can turn on or off in account settings (like how you verify actions), then I'd be ok with it. Otherwise, no thank you--I've never made a mistake while declining offers, and while it's not a big deal to have to type in my password to do so, I'd also rather not do it if I can help it.

Yes, if its an option, like angelicdragonpuppy said, I totally support it. I think I've accidentally declined an offer or two before. xd.png

Ooooh I definitely support this. I think either the entering password (as long as it can be turned off) or just a simple pop-up, like PF13 suggested, would be a great idea ^^'

Agreed that I don't see the harm in your password or a pop-up (although not both together =p ).

Although I'll say no to making it optional. That seems to be the default in a lot of threads, but I really think it's easier if we just have something or don't. Other password/action prompts aren't optional, so it wouldn't really make sense to me if this one was. o.o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Optional please. It may seem a small thing but every click I can do without is good for me. Carpal tunnel is of the devil. But, I really hate constant redundant okay buttons. I wouldn't have browsed into the trade area and started pushing buttons if I didn't want something to happen. THough yes I've done the tired thing, it makes me realize I shouldn't be up that late. tongue.gif

I second the pop up idea with 'Accept' or 'Decline' in bold

ie: Do you really want to Accept this offer?

Agreed that I don't see the harm in your password or a pop-up (although not both together =p ).

Although I'll say no to making it optional. That seems to be the default in a lot of threads, but I really think it's easier if we just have something or don't. Other password/action prompts aren't optional, so it wouldn't really make sense to me if this one was. o.o

In that case, maybe we could have a page where we choose which confirmations we'd like to have in place. That way for someone who doesn't mind accidentally abandoning eggs (strangely) they could turn off the confirmation for that action. smile.gif

Though if we're voting one way or another, I'd like to have a simple pop up in place for declining. After all, if you really don't want to extra clicks, then don't decline an offer in the first place. It's not something that's mandatory. tongue.gif