SHODAN

Confirmation When Declining Trade Offers

Do you want some confirmation when declining offers?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry if there is a thread like this.

Simple suggestion, a popup for when you are declining offers on a trade. Can either require a password, typing in "decline," or just tapping an extra 'decline' button.

I did indeed edit this post from whatever it was before. If I am missing anything, PM me. I do not watch this thread.

Edited by Catlover74

Please no more places to enter the password. You already have to put it in when you decide to do almost anything, it's unnecessary padding. Ugh.

Just put an "Are you sure?" popup.

Edited by Lythiaren

Please no more places to enter the password. You already have to put it in when you decide to do almost anything, it's unnecessary padding. Ugh.

^This.

I completely agree.

This would be coo, but please no more password places.

My popup blocker generally keeps everything hidden, whether they be important site pop ups or spam. Sometimes I don't notice when one is blocked. >.< And if it is blocked, would I not be able to cancel the trade?

Can you name dragons? Abandon them? Etc.? I imagine a pop-up for this would work along the same lines. owo

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Can you name dragons? Abandon them? Etc.? I imagine a pop-up for this would work along the same lines. owo

It is actually possible to name and abandon dragons with a blocker =X The confirmation popup just doesn't show up, but naming/abandoning goes through without a hitch.

Pop-up yes, password no.

I don't like being nannied through every single transaction, but every time one of these subjects comes up, a bunch of people are like, "oh, yes, please", so obviously some people do like having their hands held.

Sounds like the "Are you sure" pop-up is the winner. I do think verification would be a good thing. This hasn't happened to me yet (crosses fingers).

I voted for "yes", but I couldn't decide between password and pop-up. Basically I'd like anything that gives you a second chance in case you accidentaly cancel the trade.

I block pop-ups but the ones in naming and abandoning dragons still appear (without adding exceptions to the blocker).

We're referring to the popup alert boxes like the name/abandon/whatever "ARE YOU SURE?" things on the site. Those are made with.... Javascript I think. People who are already going "yeah yeah I'm sure" can easily dismiss the box with the enter key.

Not popups with new browser windows like the one that the forum throws at you when you have a new PM. Those are obnoxious and I don't think I know anyone who likes them.

Pardon the braindeadedness. It's 7:30 in the morning and I haven't slept. >>

Edited by Lythiaren

Lyth - if you go into your board settings, the PM pop up is an option you can easily disable. (Just doing it myself !)

I actually leave it on on purpose because I don't look at my PM counter often. I know I have a PM when Firefox drops that little notifier bar on my head going "YO I BLOCKED A POPUP".

I'm a strange and funny girl.

But I meant that as an example of the bad kind of popup, and the remark following it a remark on how much people in general hate those kinds of popups.

Edited by Lythiaren

I actually leave it on on purpose because I don't look at my PM counter often. I know I have a PM when Firefox drops that little notifier bar on my head going "YO I BLOCKED A POPUP".

I'm a strange and funny girl.

But I meant that as an example of the bad kind of popup, and the remark following it a remark on how much people in general hate those kinds of popups.

True, you are indeed. And yes, I take your point.

I want it because I am terrified of accidentally clicking decline instead of accept. Just one little pop-up of 'are you sure' would be wonderful.

Edit:

This would be nice. ^^ I know that a lot of people are annoyed by extra confirmation requirements, though, so if it were implemented it might be best if there were an option to turn it off.

What about something like this? Different text, but focus on the checkbox idea:

user posted image

Edited by stogucheme

I want it because I am terrified of accidentally clicking decline instead of accept. Just one little pop-up of 'are you sure' would be wonderful.

SUPPORT ! This ghastly possibility had never occurred to me. Now I am scared....

This would be nice. ^^ I know that a lot of people are annoyed by extra confirmation requirements, though, so if it were implemented it might be best if there were an option to turn it off.

I know that a lot of people are annoyed by extra confirmation requirements, though, so if it were implemented it might be best if there were an option to turn it off.

This ^^^

I am annoyed by having my hand held & nannied through every single transaction I make in this game. If I could turn all the extra confirmations off I would do it in a heartbeat.

SUPPORT ! This ghastly possibility had never occurred to me. Now I am scared....

Agreed! laugh.gif Everything else has a simple confirmation pop-up, so it must be possible for this too. I think this is a good idea and I hope TJ sees and is able to implement it. biggrin.gif

I like that there are confirmation pop ups and that you have to put your password in when doing things, it means that you're not going to accidentally click the wrong thing. Though I think an option to turn it off would be good, if there are people that don't like the current system, though I personally do. smile.gif Having the option available but disable-able would make everyone happy. Hopefully. tongue.gif

Support. I've misclicked links before, when my browser notification suddenly shifted the screen down to inform me of a pop-up it just blocked. Luckily it's never been anything more than a nuisance, but...

I've never really been in this situation given my unfortunate bad luck with trading 95% of the time. :u

However, I do think it is useful for frequent traders so support. ^^

I've misclicked a few times (mostly due to me not realizing the page wasn't finished loading and it shifted at the second I clicked....) and fortunately it hasn't been much of a problem to the trades but I do support this.

I support happy.gif