RWyvern

Two Steps From Hell

Searched, can't believe I found nothing ._.

Quick overview: Two Steps From Hell (commonly abbreviated as TSFH) are a music production company based in LA, California. They are not satanic like some people think judging by their name.

First up, a little history lesson.

TSFH started up in 2006, when composers Thomas Bergerson and Nick Phoenix joined forces to write original music for movie trailers. In these short six years, they have been featured in hundreds of movies including some of the biggest blockbusters of recent times. Their music was at first only available to the producers of movie trailers, but eventually due to popular demand, they started releasing their music to the general public. The albums released to date are Invincible, Archangel, Illusions, Halloween and most recently, Skyworld.

Their website can be found here and their now official YouTube channel can be found here.

I discovered TSFH when my dad sent me this

, and right from hearing the one track featured here I just knew I had to find more about them, something I very rarely do. Since then I have bought all their albums but Halloween and Skyworld, and have made probably the biggest impact in my life, at least when it comes to drawing to their music.

My favourite tracks are as follows (Note: language in comments):

So, which are your favourite tracks by them? How did you find them? Discuss!

Edited by rampaging wyvern

You forgot Archangel.

My fav is definitely Heart of Courage smile.gif

El Dorado and for the Win are my favs. Too bad El Dorado wasn't a free name for my dragons. But I did manage to get most of their songs tongue.gif

Their music is amazing indeed, I like listening to them when I'm playing video games tongue.gif or when I go out on my mp3 player and even when I'm doing homework, You should check out E.S. Posthumus they're great too

(Can't believe I didn't see this thread before; but I'm digging it up anyways)

I freakin' LOVE TSFH! Lost in Las Vegas, Clairvoyant, Paper Planes, Great Spirits, The Colonel and Identity Crime are a few of my favourites (if I were to put em all, it'd take a heck of a long time.) Also, most of the music from their album "Devil wears Nada" is pretty cool.

Edited by Hazel360

0 Steps from Hell = Hell

1 Step from Hell = Earth

2 Steps from Hell = Heaven

So, so true <3

Currently, I'm in love with

0 Steps from Hell = Hell

1 Step from Hell = Earth

2 Steps from Hell = Heaven

So, so true <3

Indeed it is <3 <3

((In my last post, I also forgot to mention their extremely christmassy album "Ashes".))

Edited by Hazel360

OMG, Archangel. That song is amazing, and on the playlist for one of the stories I'm writing. I think I have a few other songs by them, but Archangel by far is my favorite.

I love Two Steps From Hell! My favorite song by them is "Starvation", which I found almost three years ago and became obsessed with. Archangel is good too. All their songs I've heard are good.

Long live Two Steps From Hell! :D

I don't know loads of their songs (I'm looking forward to trying all your suggestions here!) but I love those I've found so far! My two favourites are probably "After the Fall" and "I Love You Forever". I also came across a

of "Strength of a Thousand Men" that I like a lot too!

I thought about looking into these people. Listened to a few songs, they sound amazing.

Isn't Flameheart one of their songs as well? If it is, that is my favorite song (partly because it is my favorite, also partly because it is one of the few I've looked into so far). Whole tracks, though... I don't know.

EDIT: I can confirm it is one of theirs because they are showing it as their own on their Youtube channel. It was also credited as theirs in the fan-uploaded music video I discovered it in.

Edited by Coryn02

I love Two Steps. I listen to their music all the time for writing, working out, or just daydreaming.

My favorite tracks are El Dorado, Blackheart, Norwegian Pirate, Strength of a Thousand Men, and Big Sky. :3

Hi I thought you be the people to ask I am look for a song It a piano and string mix that was on one of those best epic or something song list for a month in 2013. The piano and strings would take turns and it was sad but fast tune. Parts of it remind me of movie computer hacking start abit like this I think

Wait, please don't tell me you want me to choose which of their songs I like best, because I'd only laugh at the impossible task. I don't really remember how I stumbled across the amazing brilliance that is TSFH, but it had such power, such emotion, such raw soul that I was blown away.

Ever since I discovered it reading stories has never been the same. That goes for writing them as well. I've got two different tracks that I downloaded a while back. One is a 1-hour collection and the other is a 3-hour collection of their music and it has its own special place on my playlist. smile.gif

Edit: Okay, I can list some of my favorites.

Rising Force

Atlantis

Forces of Destiny

Smell of Victory

Siren's Call (I think that's TSFH)

Spirit of Champions

Dragon Rider (This one may be considered my favorite)

Flameheart

Heart of Courage (another top fav)

Never Forget

Promise - Illusions (Another top fav)

Enigmatic Soul

Edited by Syiren

Utterly amazing, they came to my attention from the 'Star Trek' trailer, and then their songs were used in Series 6 trailers for Doctor Who. Fantastic and I love them. Because of that, 'Tristan,' 'Protectors of the Earth' and 'Freedom Fighters' are my favs.

Edited by Kestra15

Their "Love and loss" and "Infinite legends" are the two most epic things I have ever heard in my life. That's why I used those titles as dragon names. smile.gif

Oh, I do like these guys!

Haven't heard too much, but from what I have heard they're great!

Oh my god I've found my people.

I don't have any one favorite; I keep Two Steps from Hell in a playlist with other artists of the same genre, like Future World Music, Ramin Djwadi, David Newman, Bryan Tyler, Hans Zimmer, etc. I hoard movie scores as well.

Hans Zimmer is great too.

I think I've only heard his tracks from the Last Samurai and...did he do Gladiator? I think so...

He's done an asston of things. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, the Sherlock Holmes movies, Inception, a Call of Duty game, and the Simpsons Movie are all composed by him. The man is a genius.