lundfamily3

WIP: HeartFyre|Beta!

BETA: You can sign up... And do... Stuff.

Opens in 19th Jan.

So I am making a adoptable game called HeartFyre. I have already created the site using MyAdopts (It was the only way to see if the name was available... xd.png). It will be about very random creatures, from dragons-cats-dogs-made up things.

I do need help though... Here is what I got so far, though:

It will be FREE to play

The currency will be called Heart Energy, or HE. It can only be earned by selling pets, rewards for quests, rewards for dungeons, randomly found through the site, clicking other peoples pets, and given by other members. It can not be bought with real money! You can use it to buy pets, items, and give to other people.

There will be zones where you can earn ONLY common pets.

There will be quests (side quests and main quests) where you can earn uncommon pets.

There will be dungeons where you can earn rare pets.

You will be able to breed

This is a magic/fantasy game

I have a plot... Its kinda of long though....

I need:

Ideas for adoptables!

Ideas for zones!

Ideas for side quests and dungeons!

Ideas for anything, really! What do you want to see in the world of HeartFyre?

Here are the first two pets on the site! They are both Firimi Eggs:

(You can click them to see the site, just so you know wink.gif )

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by lundfamily3

Perhaps you could have Elemental Dungeons?

with Rare Elemental Adoptables based on an avatar of the relevent Element

eg, Fire = Red Dragon

Air = Whirling Dervish thing/ Pegasus-type creature

Water = Leviathan

Earth = Hydra

Perhaps a side-quest sequence would open these dungeons up, considering elemental avatars would be powerful/dangerous to the unskilled (Thats just to ensure that their rarity would be Rare but not too difficult to unlock)

More ideas will probably come to mind...

Also if you need help with the text script/description things , I'm more than willing to help out... I can't sprite but writing is something I can do. Just PM me here for that. Also just for questions/clarification on anything.

If I could sprite, I'd put an attempt alongside each idea.... Instead I get cursed with an active imagination and only the words to try to put them across... doesn't always work xd.png

xd.png I am like that unless I make like... 5 sketches to base the sprite of of.. Oh well, I will live with it!

I am trying to think of a good description format, for each stage. *Thinks hard* Maybe something like:

With a spark of magic the egg pops open, and a small creature can be seen. [insert rest of description here]

Is that to cheesy/creepy/weird?

Sounds good, although sparks remind me of the Frankenstein's creature creation method...

Perhaps something like this would work, assuming hatching the egg requires a continual input of magical energy:

The glow of magic envelops the egg and as it fades the creature within is revealed. [creature description]

Edited by Takhesis

Why not have a special adoptable, among the rares, that has the Frankenstein description? It would have to be some sort of mish-mash of other adoptables to fit in with the inspiration source, but it could be funny.

Yes it would, xd.png I am starting to sketch out some commons and attempting at the elementals. I still need some more descriptions, but still, the site will soon have some pets. xd.png

The main common pet I have in mind right now is a fluffy, big eared, huge eyed, large tailed, furry cat thing. Its very original. /facepalm Oh well.

Well the Elementals would be most likely be based on the 'traditional' designs.

The Red Dragon being something like this:Dragon thing. But possibly with a more fire-y aura once fully grown.

Pegasus would have the greek-style origin:Mythical Winged Horse

Leviathan being a Giant whale or something:One interpretation in use.

Hydra would be something like this:Probably not a laughing one...

The images linked here are property of the artists that made them, unfortunate they're not mine to play with. I will mess around with some potential descriptions for these and others that come to mind. I will PM you those so I'm not continually bumping this thread in succession.

Ok! biggrin.gif

Those images gave me ideas! I think I am almost ready to post a sketch of the Leviathan, maybe the Red Dragon.

I will try to stop bumping the thread so much as well, xd.png

Other people, do not be shy! smile.gif

Eeee! Can't wait til the official opening.... the Beta doesn't like me trying to join.

All in all, it's a nice concept; not too much like Aywas.

First, why don't you have a unified theme? You call it "HeartFyre", yet I see nothing that relates to this.

Second, how does one raise these adoptables?

Third, do we have a time limit to raise them?

Fourth, generally, you have to use html instead of bbcode when altering text on a webpage. smile.gif

5th, I'll PM you.

Edited by gistofeverything

Well to try and answer some questions that may be asked a few times. And help out while lundfamily is working on the Beta.

Adoptable leveling/ raising : Each adoptable grows from clicks. Each outside IP address can give 1 click per day to the adoptables. As the creatures grow in level, the number needed to grow them increases.

As for limits: I don't think there's a time limit implemented on growth (apart from the 1 click\IP\day limit).

Any grammar and spelling errors in the text will most likely be corrected before the site goes fully live. No doubt some will slip through, but the admins are only human tongue.gif

All in all, it's a nice concept; not too much like Aywas.

First, why don't you have a unified theme? You call it "HeartFyre", yet I see nothing that relates to this.

Second, how does one raise these adoptables?

Third, do we have a time limit to raise them?

Fourth, generally, you have to use html instead of bbcode when altering text on a webpage. smile.gif

5th, I'll PM you.

Takehesis answered before me... But I must answer anyways. I just like typing out stuff. It makes me feel important.

It is called heartfyre for a very specific reason. This game is about how love is something powerful and dangerous. Love is like fire, if it isn't controlled it can injure/kill. The y is because of a typo when I posted about on another site before it had the official name HeartFyre. People liked it, so it stayed. Heart is because of love. tongue.gif

Clicks. A click can be given once a day from each IP address. Usually it takes around 40 clicks for an adult.

No, as MyAdopts currently doesn't have a way to implement that.

MyAdopts currently only uses BBcode, though they are working on a new version (14% completed) that include HTML and a bunch of goodies.