TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

Congrats on your win. What did you get?

Not sure about when you will get your prize, but it should be soon. Best just let TJ work it out without all the emails bouncing to him regrading this.... then he can sort it all out earlier, no? tongue.gif

Of course, if there are ppl who still do not response, might be another redraw? wink.gif*I can only hope*

I assume there would be a re-draw with such a small amount of prize dragons(compared to players/possible entry amounts). I don't think anyone would be very happy about the idea of only some of the prizes being given out versus all of them.

Plus it would be sad if some prize dragons didn't get homes! sad.gif

My heart skipped a beat when I got an email and found out I won xd.png

Just curious but when are the winnings dolled out to the winners?

Congrats! and you can get your code! \o/

I assume there would be a re-draw with such a small amount of prize dragons(compared to players/possible entry amounts). I don't think anyone would be very happy about the idea of only some of the prizes being given out versus all of them.

Plus it would be sad if some prize dragons didn't get homes! sad.gif

Honestly, my bet is that we aren't even redrawing for prizes at this point -- we're only redrawing for HMs. HM winners did have the option to move up, if they selected it.

Honestly, my bet is that we aren't even redrawing for prizes at this point -- we're only redrawing for HMs. HM winners did have the option to move up, if they selected it.

True that could be the case, though 37 HM's going unclaimed when they could at least net a CB Silver/Gold etc seems odd. we'll never know I guess really. unsure.gif

I'm betting they:

1) quit already

2) had spam checkers that decided the email was spam

3) used an account they didn't have reliable access to

4) lost access to their account either via expiry or just time

5) were on vacation

Edited by siliconrose

I'm betting they:

1) quit already

2) had spam checkers that decided the email was spam

3) used an account they didn't have reliable access to

4) lost access to their account either via expiry or just time

5) were on vacation

It's a shame when people miss out because of something so simple as not having a good e-mail address recorded. It's so easy to check on your e-mail address and change it. I know TJ doesn't send out e-mails that often, but when he does it's usually about something important. You think that would motivate people to keep things up-to-date.

I'm also interested to know what folks are choosing for their HM. I'd be stoked to see some CB hybrids and stuff.

Is it just me or does DC need an "email tester"? The forums technically have one, since you can send an email to yourself, but not the cave. And with the raffle notifications being sent through email it seems very important to be able to test and see if it is getting through so you can take action if it is being sent to spam or whatever.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Is it just me or does DC need an "email tester"? The forums technically have one, since you can send an email to yourself, but not the cave. And with the raffle notifications being sent through email it seems very important to be able to test and see if it is getting through so you can take action if it is being sent to spam or whatever.

That would be handy, just have a settings where you can send yourself an e-mail. It would be great to know if things from dc are going through, though depending on what service TJ uses for mail and where he sends it from a "tester" may still not be to accurate.

I think that would be a good idea. Until I got my email I was checking my spam, my trash, and everywhere wondering if it was possible I might have got one and it didn't get through. Also I know that I've had trouble getting emails from websites on my current email and I've heard similar complaints about other email providers so it'd be a helpful feature.

A quick password reset would perform this function, surely? DC sends a verification email with a link you have to click. (Yes, I did just go and check back through my old emails...)

Changing the email address associated with the cave also results in a verification email being sent.

Congratulations to the winners (a little late from me, I know).

Just out of curiousity, what does the HM stand for that everyone keeps posting on this topic? It's hurting my head trying to figure it out, lol. xd.png

Just out of curiousity, what does the HM stand for that everyone keeps posting on this topic? It's hurting my head trying to figure it out, lol. xd.png

Honorable Mention wink.gif

HM stands for honorable mention...they don't win a prize dragon, but they can pick almost anything else (with the exclusion of frills, old pinks, zombies, NDs, and non-christmas holidays, I believe) and pick a custom code <3

Just out of curiousity, what does the HM stand for that everyone keeps posting on this topic? It's hurting my head trying to figure it out, lol.  xd.png

Honorable Mention, like a place after 3rd place, they get to choose any normal dragon from the cave except halloweens valentines discontinued, zombies and neglecteds xd.png

well, ninja'd

Edited by LaHaine

I was thinking about this myself; I'm very much for this idea.

Honorable mentions were allowed to choose frills.

Honorable mentions were allowed to choose frills.

Really? Some other HMs said they couldn't choose frills this time x.x

still hoping against hope... sigh

to mo7 and other admirers of the Ghibli films, there is a forum called Ghibli Tavern...

Congratulations mo7...

I won honorable mentions and I'm 99% sure it said I could pick a frill. I read the list of what I could and couldn't lose several times and recall considering picking a frill. So I'm pretty sure you could.

And thanks Husky & others for the congrats smile.gif

I won honorable mentions and I'm 99% sure it said I could pick a frill. I read the list of what I could and couldn't lose several times and recall considering picking a frill. So I'm pretty sure you could.

And thanks Husky & others for the congrats smile.gif

LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I would of chosen a Frill

LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I would of chosen a Frill

I have a frill (albeit not CB) but I figured a CB holly would be more valuable.