TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

Well... Some people dont have a forum account... Though, if it comes to the fact no one responds, he should randomly look in here. We will respond and scream, and deafen anyone who is near. At least I will.

Scream, we will!

xd.png

I will admit I held out hope that I would be one of the lucky ones unsure.gif however, I am aware of the fact that I normally am not that lucky. wink.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am however happy for the ones who did receive (or will be) one of these lovelies and I can only hope that someday I will have the joy of adding one of their offspring to my scroll.

I've got tentative agreements for 2nd gen commons from two of them. I think that'll be the best I can manage in the short term, but it's still far ahead of my single 2nd gen (and that one is a white dragon) from the tinsels.

So I'm doing better this year than in past years, and I am also happy. smile.gif

Right now I'm just looking forward to seeing what the new dragons will look like.

It the most boring process - waiting.

Maybe we can try to dream? Imagine new dragons) biggrin.gif

I'd probably never tell anyone I won. Simply because I wouldn't be able to handle all the people sending me PMs for them. If I ever won, I'd gift second gens to people who never asked and would no doubt take good care of the egg.

And probably not give any to people who kept bothering me. X.x

Can someone tell me why some people gift to winners dragons? They think that their gifts will help them to trade for 2nd gens, or...?

Can someone tell me why some people gift to winners dragons? They think that their gifts will help them to trade for 2nd gens, or...?

Maybe it is just part of the trade for a 2nd gen, and not a gift.

They're probably trying to make winners think they're such a nice person, and hoping winners will gift them eggs. I don't like such 'gifting', as it has hidden motives. >.>

Obviously, it could be genuine gifting...

Edited by TheGrox

I don't know... I suppose it could be either way, really.

Some might think that by giving free gifts to winners it'll earn the gifter good marks in the winner's books and hopefully get them a chance at a 2nd gen. xd.png Sounds kind of sly, really...

While others may just genuinely want to gift and not want/expect anything in return.

Maybe it is just part of the trade for a 2nd gen, and not a gift.

No. It is a gift. They start their messages with words: "It is a gift."

p.s. Yeeah. Now I have 10 posts and don't see rules xd.png

Edited by Anilako

After having a longer conversation with one of the prize winners, I gifted them something. They're getting a lot of attention and I'm sure it's stressful, so I figured it was a nice "Thank you!" to them for taking the time to respond to me. I hesitated over it a while before I did it, and I was concerned it might be perceived as an attempt to circumvent their listing strategy.

I don't think I'd gift a winner out of the blue unless they were already on a gifting list (TGT, Caveborn Gifting, etc.).

No. It is a gift. They start their messages with words: "It is a gift."

As much as I want to say it's people being "nice". I would be weary of those giving eggs and being goody goody to you to get offspring. Be careful of people taking advantage! It's easy for people to try to make friends with you to get babies, don't let anyone do that and then hurt you in the end!

And if they gift you eggs, and you take it, then you also don't owe them -anything-. Do not let them come back a few weeks from now saying, "I gifted you eggs, gift me some!" That isn't how gifting works. /nod ^^

Edited by Lyxii

As much as I want to say it's people being "nice". I would be weary of those giving eggs and being goody goody to you to get offspring. Be careful of people taking advantage! It's easy for people to try to make friends with you to get babies, don't let anyone do that and then hurt you in the end!

And if they gift you eggs, and you take it, then you also don't owe them -anything-. Do not let them come back a few weeks from now saying, "I gifted you eggs, gift me some!" That isn't how gifting works. /nod ^^

Well... One kind persone gift me dino and 2 CB Stipes. And another - 3rd gen Metallic. I think that it is too many for just a gift. huh.gif

So they will not be wounded if I will not trade with them in future?..

(Sorry for my awfull english ><)

P.S. and also this don't need to be discussed it this topic.. So I think that I will stop asking questions like that.

Edited by Anilako

Well... One kind persone gift me dino and 2 CB Stipes. And another - 3rd gen Metallic. I think that it is too many for just a gift. huh.gif

P.S. and also this don't need to be discussed it this topic.. So I think that I will stop asking questions like that.

Maybe it would be a good idea to get a mentor - even if you know how to play DC, DC ettiquette and nettiquette can be complicated. There is a thread where you can search for a mentor. If you are insecure how to deal with the new attention, someone surely can aid you.

If they said it was a gift then they can't expect anything. If they are wounded then it is THEIR fault, as they GIFTED to you.

Like other people said you don't owe them anything xd.png

But it (their intentions) also depends on the context in which they sent you the gift, like if you were in a gifting thread or something like that. But yeah, just thank them for the gifts. If you don't wish to give them offspring of your dragon, you don't need to do it

Thank you all for your advices ^.^"

No problem! smile.gif Just make sure you remember that person's name and don't give them -any- of your prize dragons eggs if they start demanding it. If they do, you need to put them on ignore and report them for harassment if it gets ridiculous. ^^

It doesn't matter if they feel wounded. They did that to themselves. Do not let them guilt trip you.

** This is also good advice for other prize winners as well! Take heed~! *wavey hands*

Edited by Lyxii

No problem! smile.gif Just make sure you remember that person's name and don't give them -any- of your prize dragons eggs if they start demanding it. If they do, you need to put them on ignore and report them for harassment if it gets ridiculous. ^^

It doesn't matter if they feel wounded. They did that to themselves. Do not let them guilt trip you.

Both versions of your post were usefull =) Thank you once more!

It may be that they're trying to butter you up, or appease you, in hopes that they will get a second gen.

If they say they're gifts then there's no reason for you to feel pressured to do anything. Accept your gits or decline them, it's up to you :3

I keep obsessively checking my e-mail over and over again, like maybe I've just overlooked the notification, and if I check it just one more time it will magically appear. xd.png

Anyway I think it's kind of neat that some of the winners have posted and shared a little bit about their feelings on what it's like to win, the good and the bad.

THis. so much.

Gosh, that was a kind of old post huh? o well

Edited by hotbottleo'water1

Not sure what the outcome of the raffle emails will be, possibly still hope, but more likely not...

Either way, I've had fun...

Well, I didn't win ( sad.gif ), but I hope all you lucky people enjoy your prizes. smile.gif

In it's simplest form, 40000 active users, 100 Prizes (or we could say 137, with the reroll, but the difference is negligible) = 400:1 chance of winning, assuming all users get max tickets. Obviously your chance is decreased if you got less tickets. happy.gif

Also, yes, I'm sick of redraws. Just give the prizes out already...

I wouldn't call more than 1/3 of the original number "negligible" even if it does work out to be a small increase percent wise.