TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

I didnt know that the winners could select a higher prize, why is that? Were they able to do that when the tinsels were released as well? Its cool tho :)

Adding on:

Yeah, it was around for the tinsels as well. So like, say someone got a bronze tinsel but they wanted a CB holly more than a tinsel, they could opt to go down one level and someone from the HM level would go up to bronze. Similarly, if prize winners don't respond, then the order can be reshuffled. ^^

Edit: Not quoting all this from experience, mind you. Just going by what TJ had explained in previous contest OPs. :P

Edited by Varekis

Just another user who's gonna be stalking their email on the 15th, ahah!~ biggrin.gif

Year before last, Frills were an option. Dunno if they still are, but if they were I'd pick one.

Frills are still an option, as are past Christmas dragons and everything in the Cave & breedable - prize dragons, bright pinks, zombies, neglected and any other past Holiday dragons aren't, though smile.gif

Edited by Firerubynat

Frills are still an option, as are past Christmas dragons and everything in the Cave & breedable - prize dragons, bright pinks, zombies, neglected and any other past Holiday dragons aren't, though smile.gif

I don't believe Frills are available anymore. I was told by one of the HM winners they were no longer available?

Edited by Qualeo

I don't believe Frills are available anymore. I was told by one of the HM winners they were no longer available?

That sucks. :C

If I won, I would of gotten a Frillsie

Awww.. no win this year.

Double Awww.. No frills or BP or Alt Valentine ? Those would be my choice if i got HM.. Well I guess a cb Holly is not bad too biggrin.gif

Congrats to all winners! xd.png

Edited by Renmiri

I would probably choose a CB Bluna if I was a honorable mention ^^ I would actually prefer a longer lineaged Holly than a CB one, so I probably wouldn't go for the CB.

Congrats to all the winners! I'm excited to see what you guys pick. smile.gif

Hey, if any of the winners are so minded to answer, did you complete the entire event, or just get part way?

I completed the entire event. ^-^ I wasn't really thinking about the number of entries I would be getting though... I just wanted the badge that showed I completed it. xd.png

Also, about the whole winners being bumped up thing. I didn't pick that option. I personally like the color silver more than gold, and I figured that the offspring of a gold prize dragon and a silver prize dragon would both be considerably valuable, so I just wanted to keep what I won. I won a silver prize, and that's the way I wanted to keep it... I dunno, maybe I'm weird. lol

I completed the entire event. ^-^ I wasn't really thinking about the number of entries I would be getting though... I just wanted the badge that showed I completed it. xd.png

Also, about the whole winners being bumped up thing. I didn't pick that option. I personally like the color silver more than gold, and I figured that the offspring of a gold prize dragon and a silver prize dragon would both be considerably valuable, so I just wanted to keep what I won. I won a silver prize, and that's the way I wanted to keep it... I dunno, maybe I'm weird. lol

You're not weird. I prefer silver to gold myself. Congrats on your win, and I'm glad you did all the recipes-makes me feel better! laugh.gif

You're not weird. I prefer silver to gold myself. Congrats on your win, and I'm glad you did all the recipes-makes me feel better! laugh.gif

I second that. Silver is definitely prettier happy.gif

Thanks for the update, TJ. My hopes have once again been raised. There's no way I would ignore an email if I won! biggrin.gif

*hopes like mad she gets an email tomorrow*

And if I got to choose a code, I know EXACTLY what code to pick. It's destiny. *looks at her username* tongue.gif

Honorable Mention is something you win like all the other places. It is essentially a fourth place--you don't get a new prize, but can choose from almost any dragon in the cave, with the option to get bumped up to a prize in the event someone from the top 3 chooses something other than a prize.

So there is still reason for holding out hope on the 15th then. >.<

(If I ever got HM would so go for a CB Bluna myself.) :3

All users who have not yet selected a prize have been sent a reminder e-mail. Users who do not choose a prize by 1/15 will lose the opportunity to choose a prize, and new winners will be drawn. Users who selected the option to accept a higher prize dragon may be bumped up as necessary.

OHO. Now I'm all excited again biggrin.gif

Double Awww.. No frills or BP or Alt Valentine ? Those would be my choice if i got HM.. Well I guess a cb Holly is not bad too biggrin.gif

Yeah, there is no lineage picking and picking an alt valentine will just be having your scroll recoded to have them, just like with the snow angels. Once you have it I don't think you can get rid of it.

That is a disappointment about the frills though. I never collected enough and I wanted a hatchling collection.

I think I would pick an CB Alt. Black if I got an HM I dont know why but the Alts are so nice to look at, a CB one would make an awesome lineage. smile.gif

There's no way I'd toss up the chance at getting a Frill had I been an Honorable Mention (since they're impossible to get now!) But you'd have to be crazy not to get a prize dragon for anything else!

Just a note: if people can choose to be bumped up, that does mean that any new winners will likely only receive an HM. So the chances of getting a prize dragon if you aren't already a winner is pretty small.

Still, HM's better than nothing. happy.gif

Seriously, I only want a HM so that there's at least one person that doesn't choose a Holly or a CB Gold this year. >.>