TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

I keep obsessively checking my e-mail over and over again, like maybe I've just overlooked the notification, and if I check it just one more time it will magically appear. xd.png

Anyway I think it's kind of neat that some of the winners have posted and shared a little bit about their feelings on what it's like to win, the good and the bad.

All of the raffle winners have been selected and contacted via e-mail. The e-mail contains instructions for selecting a prize, and links to a listing of what prizes may be chosen.

If you do not receive an e-mail, make sure the address associated with your account is correct; e-mails will be resent to those who do not select a prize in a few days.

If the e-mail sent to your site e-mail address bounces, a new winner will be selected.

This is the topic. Please get back to it.

That is an excellent idea.

I keep obsessively checking my e-mail over and over again, like maybe I've just overlooked the notification, and if I check it just one more time it will magically appear. xd.png

I do that too. xd.png

Honestly, it's probably for the best that I didn't win. I remember when I finally caught a Holly back in '10, and I just stared at it in shock until my niece came home (she plays too, so she's the only one in my family who understood the importance to me) and I practically tackled her in my joy. I don't know if she could take another pouncing like that. laugh.gif

Can't wait to see them, though. The Tinsels are gorgeous, so I have no doubt that these will be, too.

Edited: Sorry, this is quite off-topic.

Believe me, this time in a next year, this dragon will be very common and everyone will have it. All you have to do is just wait for a bit and you will eventually get it. Unless you must have it in the first week after release, in this case, good luck on stalking those winners.

And I think it is right to assume that most winners (including I) will take this opportunity for theirs very first offspring to accept very good offers.

tl;dr: We did not force everyone to pay, they are the one who come up with the offers! We just take it!

And for everyone who are going to PM me, even though I am fine with PM, please, read this first. My first 4 offspring are already assigned to 4 different people, not by their offers ( I don't even ask anything in return), but by their selfless actions in the past. Doing good to me, and I will do that to you.

Begging will not success, offering will take time.

and, yes, I'm sill open up for PM, as I have always said in my signature.

Edited by isomanic

*checking email*.. nothing

I'm not going to stalk this thread to find winners, idc.. good luck to all beggers here biggrin.gif

oh.. and grats to whoever won anything

Congratulations to all the winners! I'm looking forward to seeing what the prizes look like biggrin.gif

Congrats<3 No email for me, but it's ok! And If I won... hmm. I would probably choose Frill instead of a new Tinsel, if there was such possibility. I'll get the new prize off the AP eventually :3

Some people lift others up to try to get what they want, others try to tear them down. Either could easily be a guilt trip. And I'm sure there is an element of greed as 3rd gens certainly trade well.

But meh, at any rate the lotto thing sounded like a great idea. But how did they go about getting the number?

What I used to like to do in WoW, I would ask people to send me a number. But, to get the winning number there is an in-game random /roll command. So, I would /random and whomever was closest would win. I'm an extremely streaky roller so I felt like it gave both the low and high rollers a good chance. And since I was actually rolling no one could accuse me of sandbagging numbers. Does IRC have a /roll thingy?

We have #dragonlotto in the irc.. it was made specifically to make it fair to everyone, slow clickers or not. Its not exactly official (I run it) but its fun in there. People enjoy lotting rares and unique lineages in there.

I missed the part where you asked how we do the numbers.. people lottoing find out who wants "in" then assigns everyone numbers randomly. then we roll and the bot gives the winners number. from there, tp to the winner.

Edited by Thuban

OH wow I got honorable mention! Now the long, hard decision to choose some breed laugh.gif I should of checked my email earlier D:

OH wow I got honorable mention! Now the long, hard decision to choose some breed laugh.gif I should of checked my email earlier D:

Now we all now there are Honorable mention prizes tongue.gif

Congrats though <3

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Fantastic! Good luck with your decision! laugh.gif

Congrats to the winners!

Are the new eggs delivered already? I'm stalking fansites to see what they might look like but I can't find anything biggrin.gif

Congrats to the winners!

Are the new eggs delivered already? I'm stalking fansites to see what they might look like but I can't find anything biggrin.gif

Not yet. wink.gif Probably wont be another week, or two at most, before we see any new eggs.

Edited by Qualeo

Not yet. wink.gif Probably wont be another week, or two at most, before we see any new eggs.

Aww thanks, so I can back to work for now smile.gif

Perhaps maybe I should say something before I get more messages about this. unsure.gif

FAQ:

1) No I haven't received my dragon yet.

2) Yes, I'll post screenshots (not the link, since I don't want it to be view bombarded, unless of course it's immune which is as yet undetermined)

3) Yes, I have indeed chosen everyone who will be receiving their offspring. If they decide they're willing to become publicly known, then they will be the ones you ask for a continuation of my dragon's bloodline.

Hopefully this will be read before the auto-sending restarts... blink.gif

Edited by Rarek

Congratulations to all winners, especially those ones brave enough to post in here ^^ I really loved the cooking event =) biggrin.gif

I, like everyone else, can´t wait to see the new Dragons and I hope that many pretty lineages will be built. I would never ask for 2nd gens (even if 2nd gens are imo the prettiest lineages after CB), I can´t afford them anyway, to be honest I prefer longer stairsteps than 5th gen anyway (f.e. from Tinsel) (sadly anything above 6th gen (Tinsel / Gold / Silver) seems to be "worthless" in trades, but I like the continuity in them nonetheless *shrugs*)

Hopefully someone also decides to make a pretty Even gen, too - I would love an even gen prize dragon lineage like this (but with the same starting partners prefered) cool.gif

(On a side note, I am quite happy, that I got offspring from all 2011 Tinsels in 8 month after starting playing dragoncave, that´s something I won´t ever manage for the 2012 Tinsels, with only 17 or 18 known Tinsels out of 30. Makes me kind of sad, because the same will probably happen with new Prize dragons, too. No collecting hype like with the Tinsels for me there ^^° I will be quite happy with a pair of each prize category with any possble lineage ^^ well, if I somehow manage to trade for affordable offspring) tongue.gif

(english is not my native language, so hopefully I didn´t write anything offending...)

1) No I haven't received my dragon yet.

^ this

None of the eggs have been released yet. It's kind of pointless for you to PM asking the winners to show their dragon when they have yet to be released. <3 It's just (Unintentionally) spaming up the inboxes of winners when the same questions get sent over and over.

And, congratulations again to the HM winners. finally seeing a few of them announce themselves xd.png Maybe we'll see a first price winner soon? tongue.gif

Congrats to the winners! Too bad I didn't win, but whatever biggrin.gif

I will just wait 'till I can get one of the new dragons, I don't really care about wink.gif

^ this

None of the eggs have been released yet. It's kind of pointless for you to PM asking the winners to show their dragon when they have yet to be released. <3 It's just (Unintentionally) spaming up the inboxes of winners when the same questions get sent over and over.

And, congratulations again to the HM winners. finally seeing a few of them announce themselves xd.png Maybe we'll see a first price winner soon? tongue.gif

From his signature, I think he is the first prize winner. ohmy.gif

From his signature, I think he is the first prize winner. ohmy.gif

Rarek? I believe Rarek announced as a third prize winner.

Rarek? I believe Rarek announced as a third prize winner.

He is a third place winner. I think he's just announcing that all the breeding slots for his dragon have been taken.

Congrats<3 No email for me, but it's ok! And If I won... hmm. I would probably choose Frill instead of a new Tinsel, if there was such possibility. I'll get the new prize off the AP eventually :3

Wonder if anyone chose a Frill.

I would of chosen one, because you will get other chances to get a (non cb) new prize dragon