TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

It's weird.... When the Tinsels very first came out as a prize dragon, I had that whole "I'll never get one in a million years, so I won't even bother trying" mentality (I have that mentality with a few other breeds, too). And yet now I've got all three kinds, and multiples of two (I think).

Now, yet again, I'm having that whole "congrats to all who won, but I won't hold my breath to getting an offspring myself" attitude, when, if they breed like Tinsels did, it's very possible I'll get one someday. I guess I just... Don't like to get my hopes up?

And I also never, ever, ever want any of the winners to feel that "you have to breed" pressure, because that's wrong and selfish and frustrating. It's so easy to get caught up in "OMG, new dragon, must have a low-gen!!!!" or whatever that sometimes it's hard to remember that winners have every right to *not* breed their prize dragon, or to only breed for friends. And it frustrates me that any winner would feel that kind of pressure.

It was me asking the question. I honestly wanted something that would get thread going and make it a bit more interesting while we wait for the prizes to be revealed.

Ah, I missed that.

Though I noticed it a lot on the Raffle Rethink thread too, and much of it came across as people trying to demonstrate what fantastic winners and/or recipients of offspring they'd make - probably unintentionally, but even so. Then people started calling out others on their hypothetical "prize plans" and the whole thing kind of stuck in my throat a bit. :s So much said on these forums either gets misconstrued or overanalysed to the nth degree that much of the time it's safer to say nothing at all. And with that, I really will stop procrastinating here and get back to my work...

Ah, I missed that.

Though I noticed it a lot on the Raffle Rethink thread too, and much of it came across as people trying to demonstrate what fantastic winners and/or recipients of offspring they'd make - probably unintentionally, but even so. Then people started calling out others on their hypothetical "prize plans" and the whole thing kind of stuck in my throat a bit. :s So much said on these forums either gets misconstrued or overanalysed to the nth degree that much of the time it's safer to say nothing at all. And with that, I really will stop procrastinating here and get back to my work...

It's not the "plans" that I was really talking about to be honest. I enjoy seeing what everyone might do. It's fun to see people dreaming and to see the generosity of everyone. the only reason i said anythng was because sometimes I'd see the same person post it over and over again.

and to be honest, there's nothing wrong with the whole "dreaming" and "hypothetical dragon" ideas. I think only the "I knew I wouldn't win" messages are the really only thing that I'd like to see a bit less of wink.gif

I promise I was nto trying to spoil it for anyone. I really do D:

And to be honest, there's nothing wrong with the whole "dreaming" and "hypothetical dragon" ideas. I think only the "I knew I wouldn't win" messages are the really only thing that I'd like to see a bit less of wink.gif

I promise I was nto trying to spoil it for anyone. I really do D:

I don't think those people said that in a way to hurt the winners xd.png Not everyone has to come jumping and saying congrats, some people had their hopes up and got sad.

Of course in a raffle where only 60 people in thousands are getting a new rare dragon, some will be very disappointed and let that disappointment be announced. I wasn't one of those, so I'm not defending myself, I'm just saying it's not meant to depress the winners, it's just out of frustration for whatever reason. Maybe their day didn't go right, maybe their life isn't going well, and yeah... Many had that little shiny hope of winning and the disappointment of that not happening left them crushed xd.png

Let people say what they want, if that's what makes them feel better

It's a raffle, it's bound to have people saying "man, it's never me...", either in real life or in games

And I do understand what you are trying to say, really, I'm just trying to explain how sometimes people can't really control their frustrations

Congratulations to all winners. smile.gif I myself did not get the prize, but sooner or later they'll be more widespread as well. :3

Congratulations to the winners smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif - I am seriously jealous and very happy for you all !!! I am looking very much forward to seeing the new beauties and then I guess I will have to offer my children down to 3rd generation once again to try and get hold of the new dragon smile.gif - well they say everything comes to those who wait - but I have never been that great at patience tongue.gif

Anyway - GRAAAAAATZ - you were lucky and that is nothing to be ashamed of - just ENJOY it and have FUN biggrin.gif

Edited by Imay

Were I a winner and people were asking me for an egg, I would make a list of every person that sent such a PM and I would NEVER give them an egg. God, be polite people and congratulate the winners, not hound them. I'm pretty sure they're feeling less-than-lucky, having to go dodge bleating beggers.

blink.gif I very highly doubt that everyone PM'ing the winners is just begging for a free 2nd gen. I, for one, PM'd two of the winners, one of them asking to trade for a 2nd gen fail, and another asking to trade for a 2nd gen. Both of which were accepted. Not once did I assume they were going to just give away their precious 2nd gens. I have a feeling a lot of people are the same way.

Someday we should just to a commons raffle where you win said common dragons, but the whole point is to just get one dragon on your scroll with the code of your choice xd.png

blink.gif I very highly doubt that everyone PM'ing the winners is just begging for a free 2nd gen. I, for one, PM'd two of the winners, one of them asking to trade for a 2nd gen fail, and another asking to trade for a 2nd gen. Both of which were accepted. Not once did I assume they were going to just give away their precious 2nd gens. I have a feeling a lot of people are the same way.

I meant no disrespect, nor did I mean to imply that people were asking for them with nothing in return. Only that the bombardment itself is rude. You were lucky in getting accepted and I'm sure you had something very good to offer. Though your proposals may have been accepted, it's simply impractical to think that everyone could get such a deal. It's better to be patient and wait for it to come and be pleasantly surprised when it comes earlier than you thought, than to be sitting on a waiting list and wondering when you're going to get your blasted dragon you were promised. That's all that I meant. smile.gif

Were I a winner and people were asking me for an egg, I would make a list of every person that sent such a PM and I would NEVER give them an egg. God, be polite people and congratulate the winners, not hound them. I'm pretty sure they're feeling less-than-lucky, having to go dodge bleating beggers.

Calm down.

Some people do care about being the first to get 2nd gens, for whatever reason they might have, it's their own personal business, and if the winner publicly and consciously announced their winning and did not state anywhere not to PM them, of course those people would try their luck.

Also, not everyone are beggars. Don't assume that the people PM'ing others for 2nd gens are asking them for free.

It's a new dragon only 60 people are getting as CB, everyone wants a shot at a 2nd gen, you can't really blame them for trying.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, but your message (that part), although I understand where you are coming from, was kind of rude, both for the real beggars (that might deserve what you said) and for the non-beggars that only wanted trades (and that got included as beggars in that rant...)

We know it will come in time, but not everyone is patient, not everyone wants to wait for a high gen, some people want a low-gen and they want it as soon as possible. Why? Their own reasons.

I'm not trying to defend the beggars or trying to be mean or saying Winners don't have right to be in peace, really x.x I'm just saying making a list of bad apples right away is not really the right thing to do... You make a list of bad apples that ignored your requests to not be contacted (if that is what you meant, I apologize)

EDIT: edited for moar explaining

Edited by LaHaine

Calm down.

Some people do care about being the first to get 2nd gens, for whatever reason they might have, it's their own personal business, and if the winner publicly and consciously announced their winning and did not state anywhere not to PM them, of course those people would try their luck.

Also, not everyone are beggars. Don't assume that the people PM'ing others for 2nd gens are asking them for free.

It's a new dragon only 60 people are getting as CB, everyone wants a shot at a 2nd gen, you can't really blame them for trying.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, but your message (that part), although I understand where you are coming from, was kind of rude, both for the real beggars (that might deserve what you said) and for the non-beggars that only wanted trades (and that got included as beggars in that rant...)

We know it will come in time, but not everyone is patient, not everyone wants to wait for a high gen, some people want a low-gen and they want it as soon as possible. Why? Their own reasons

I agree with this. I do consider it a little silly to ask for 2nd gen dragons when they have not even been released yet, its not a bad idea.

If you don't ask as soon as you can, you might not even get a 2nd gen. Some people only want to breed a certain amount.

Some suers go inactive after a while and never breed theit CB prize again.

And I've learned from tinsels that the lower the gne, the better you can get for it.

Calm down.

It's a new dragon only 60 people are getting as CB, everyone wants a shot at a 2nd gen, you can't really blame them for trying. That attitude of keeping a list of "bad apples" is as bad as begging itself, honestly.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, but your message was kind of rude, both for the real beggars (that might deserve what you said) and for the non-beggars that only wanted trades (and that got included as beggars in that rant...)

We know it will come in time, but not everyone is patient, not everyone wants to wait for a high gen, some people want a low-gen and they want it as soon as possible. Why? Their own reasons

Well, I clearly meant no harm in my post and merely tried to offer an alternate proposal and was using hyperbole for effect. Using 'beggers' was simply an attempt to make people feel ashamed for hounding the winners, and thus, not PM them. However, since no matter what I say on this issue will be interpreted as hostile, despite any clarifications I make, I will delete my post and you shall have no worries about me offering such help in the future.

Thank you for helping me see the error in my ways.

Calm down.

It's a new dragon only 60 people are getting as CB, everyone wants a shot at a 2nd gen, you can't really blame them for trying. That attitude of keeping a list of "bad apples" is as bad as begging itself, honestly.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, but your message was kind of rude, both for the real beggars (that might deserve what you said) and for the non-beggars that only wanted trades (and that got included as beggars in that rant...)

Well, I clearly meant no harm in my post and merely tried to offer an alternate proposal and was using hyperbole for effect. Using 'beggers' was simply an attempt to make people feel ashamed for hounding the winners, and thus, not PM them. However, since no matter what I say on this issue will be interpreted as hostile, despite any clarifications I make, I will delete my post and you shall have no worries about me offering such help in the future.

Thank you for helping me see the error in my ways.

I edited my post to better clarify what I was trying to say, sorry if I sounded rude myself in the first edit. There's no need to delete your post though, it's your own opinion and you did good stating it

All of the raffle winners have been selected and contacted via e-mail. The e-mail contains instructions for selecting a prize, and links to a listing of what prizes may be chosen.

If you do not receive an e-mail, make sure the address associated with your account is correct; e-mails will be resent to those who do not select a prize in a few days.

If the e-mail sent to your site e-mail address bounces, a new winner will be selected.

This is the topic. Please get back to it.

Only that the bombardment itself is rude.

I agree totally.

You were lucky in getting accepted and I'm sure you had something very good to offer.

Yes. People could be PMing someone like me who gets cranky just thinking about being endlessly bombarded with requests/trade requests, no matter if you are offering 5 CB Golds. lol

On another game that I play you wouldn't DARE start PMing someone out of the blue and asking for...anything. That would get you a PM ban so fast your head would spin. It's considered harrassment and begging, and it's totally frowned upon and that was great for my kind of personality.

I'm all about nice, all about spreading the love. But I find it hard to be generous to people when I know they're just PMing me because they want something from me. If a friend PM'd me, asking questions, fine. But the multitudes? Forget it. I'd have no patience and would probably get a tad snappy if I even answered a single PM at all.

If I have something nice to give to someone, I'll give it to out of the blue people that just said something that clicked with me, or game buddies. I've dealt with the 'PMers' on other games, and honestly, it doesn't pay to be nice to some types of users because some of them will try and take a mile if you give them an inch and those are the types I like to avoid.

I'm not saying that anyone here is like that, but they're out there, lurking on every game, and I avoid them like the plague. All this talk of bombarding contest winners with endless requests makes me very, very happy that I'm not a contest winner. In fact, it would probably be a good idea for me not to ever be a contest winner. ANY PMs reguarding the egg literally within minutes of getting it would have me snarling.

Edit: Oops. Sorry Sock. >_< Didn't see your post before I sent this off...

Edited by MedievalMystic

If forum emails appear half in spam and half in our regular inbox, should we change to a more stable account to be sure? Or are the two places not related?

If forum emails appear half in spam and half in our regular inbox, should we change to a more stable account to be sure? Or are the two places not related?

Is your forum email the same as your cave email? Just check your spam box. =p

Yes, there is a lotto room in IRC. It's called #dragonlotto and has a bot that you use to roll the "dice".

It's where many holly owners lottoed off their offspring, giving people a fair chance at it, for example.

And once again - congrats to the winners of the raffle - I hope you enjoy your new dragons!

Thanks! I may do this for GWs :3

Do you guys think I need to worry about having an open space on my scroll or not? O.o

Do you guys think I need to worry about having an open space on my scroll or not? O.o

Um, I'm not sure.. but keep it open in case.

~ Bam

Alas, I shall add my name to the non-winners...

But many congratulations to those who did!! happy.gif

Is your forum email the same as your cave email? Just check your spam box. =p

Already did and there are no prizes inside. sleep.gif Just wondering what constitutes emails bouncing back.

Someday we should just to a commons raffle where you win said common dragons, but the whole point is to just get one dragon on your scroll with the code of your choice xd.png

Oh, this would be awesome. laugh.gif I have a list of codes I'd squee mightily if I ever managed to find!

Already did and there are no prizes inside. sleep.gif Just wondering what constitutes emails bouncing back.

Have you ever tried to send an email and received your message back with a comment along the lines of 'your message couldn't be sent because the email address can't be found'? I'm pretty sure that's what bouncing is - when the email doesn't exist or has been given wrong, usually. :3

Hi,from what I've seen on here is a lot of bombardments/arguements,at these poor winners who are too scared to even post on here,for fear of what may come,which isn't nice,just leave them alone & let them revell in their win for once,so they can at least be proud for winning such a lovely prize dragon,& WE all should be proud of them as well,With that said I for one am happy & pleased for the winners,& again congratulations!,enjoy your new addition biggrin.gif

Edited by rachii.xo