TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

If any prize winners read this (and I know you don't have your dragons yet) I'd like to ask you to consider breeding to canopies at some point. I've been waiting forever to see nice things bred to my favorite breed, and even if I can only get a 33rd gen of the new dragon, if it had canopies in its lineage, I'd be incredibly excited.

That said, congratulations all of you, you're incredibly lucky~

^ exactly canopies ftw

These new dragons will produce well early on. Definitely. It's how the ratios work - even if they're meant to be super rare, it'll take a while for the ratios to even out.

Yes, I was on an IOU list for a year while they were "breeding well" As I said,my specific dragon did NOT breed well. And some tinsel owners posted their frustrations over their tinsel simply not producing eggs. It's not just about ratios. The individual dragons can be generous or stingy. That said, I hope no one gets a stingy dragon.

Yes, I was on an IOU list for a year while they were "breeding well" As I said,my specific dragon did NOT breed well. And some tinsel owners posted their frustrations over their tinsel simply not producing eggs. It's not just about ratios. The individual dragons can be generous or stingy. That said, I hope no one gets a stingy dragon.

I disagree. My 2nd gen Tinsel from '10ish was a great breeder, but only produced about 2 eggs in the last YEAR. I have IOUs I've been unable to fulfill as of now from last Halloween. Sadly, one of the members has gone inactive.

heh.

First of all.

This is not a post by a dissapointed member, or a jealous person.

I want people to enjoy their won dragons.

A few things about those raffles and prize dragons annoy me.

(what I say is not to offend, please do not missunderstand me, but from long observation of the forums, breeding and trading centres and so on)

First, a few owners of those prizes go on a power trip.

They are now THE PRIZE DRAGON OWNERS.

Like an exclusive club.

Most demand horrendous prices for their dragons, no matter the lineage/length whatever.

Some think they are something better now, and should not react to the masses in any matter.

Then the users that are begging and whining.

Why begging? Trying to guild trip?

Or whining? The same reason?

How does "I will never get that dragon!" make your situation different?

You only make people feel awkward on your behalf.

Then there am I.

Feeling quite a bit guilty.

Why?

Because I do not ... feel dissapointed to not having won.

Yeah, sure, a nice dragon with MY special code? (I would have asked for a GW as a HM, that´s sure *lol*)

And you can only get that many CB metallics, and neglecteds for your bred eggs before it gets boring ...

But ... yeah.

Not trying to pull anyone down, and hoping those prizes will be pretty, and certainly wanting for anyone to enjoy their dragons ...

But ... count me out from the excitement.

Greetings.

I do agree, I dislike whiners on new dragons, especially prize dragons (but any in general), and I don't quite exactly like the new popularity and special-ness only some people get out of pure luck; and quite a few of them ask extremely high prices for them, or get everything they want off a couple people for their bred eggs and get bored.

Anyway, I'm excited but praying these don't turn out like tinsels; someone wants at LEAST one in every single trade ever made. Gosh, that annoyed me so badly. I only tried to get tinsels because everyone wanted them to trade with (some caring about lineages and some not so much).

Happy about everything overall, and excited to see the new dragons, these are just some things that bother me x3

A stingy dragon would suck... Terribly. >.<

Also agreed! I hope that they all produce well for at least the first couple months, before some choose to not breed as well as others tongue.gif

Agreed. At least we have Fertility to use to hopefully help with stingy dragons? tongue.gif

Individual dragons being generous or not is just down to luck. I was just on about the overall picture.

And yes, fertility might help with stingy dragons, but it's never helped me yet - I have more luck without it tongue.gif.

Edited by TheGrox

Whether it's luck or a program variable I'm simply saying it exists and can make IOUs a very, very long process. Basically, I'm agreeing IOUs are risky business from a different point of view. That of time and stingy dragons.

Anyway, I'm excited but praying these don't turn out like tinsels; someone wants at LEAST one in every single trade ever made. Gosh, that annoyed me so badly. I only tried to get tinsels because everyone wanted them to trade with (some caring about lineages and some not so much).

Happy about everything overall, and excited to see the new dragons, these are just some things that bother me x3

To be completely honest, I thought that period was okay at times. ^^" Most of my trades get ignored 99% of the time and when I finally procured some lowish gen tinsels, they were my best shot at getting something I wanted. On the other hand, nothing made my trading skills feel so inferior than tinsel trading. All those gorgeous CBs I really wanted offspring of because of their lovely names and didn't pass muster (trading wise), gawd. Trembling to think of plunging back into the madness once again. ono

Imagine if they were bred to metallics. :P

Agreed. At least we have Fertility to use to hopefully help with stingy dragons? :P

And yes, fertility might help with stingy dragons, but it's never helped me yet - I have more luck without it . :P

Please, guys. I have more luck with reverse psychology getting my dragons to produce an egg than fertility. Not gonna lie. XD

Edit: I have an unhealthy reliance on emoticons when I'm on DCF, haha. Even had to edit back in the smileys I accidentally removed from the quoted posts, LOL.

Edited by Varekis

Congrats to the winners smile.gif I really cant wait to see what these dragons look like because I will be wanting a few for my collection smile.gif

ahh I can't wait to see the new dragons

Won't even bother trying to get a 2nd-gen anymore, that's like trying to trade for a CB Gold or Silver. Just... more dragons! :D (Wonder if they have tiers (gold, silver, bronze?))

ahh I can't wait to see the new dragons

Won't even bother trying to get a 2nd-gen anymore, that's like trying to trade for a CB Gold or Silver. Just... more dragons! biggrin.gif (Wonder if they have tiers (gold, silver, bronze?))

I'd love to see the new sprites, but more golds? xd.png If there's some variation we won't have so many of the same metal type. I'm really happy for a new dragon, whichever color it is, but something different would be nice too ^^

let me say this right now: I DO NOT want PMs about the offspring.

thanks to all other users who have managed to keep themselves from bombarding me with requests.

Edited by Ashura09

thanks to all other users who have managed to keep themselves from bombarding me with requests.

I do believe you said that before and you have it in your signature. Do people keep on harrassing you? x.x

*snip for longness*

I see where you're coming from, even if I don't agree completely.

However, I am certainly relieved that the results are drawn now, and I'm rather relieved that I didn't win, honestly. It's stressful enough owning lineaged Hollies, a CB prize would probably finish me off! laugh.gif Right now I'm just enjoying the anticipation of seeing what the new pretties will look like, without feeling any great pressure to chase after them just yet. smile.gif Mostly my attitude is due to the way I play, though, so I don't expect others to share my view. tongue.gif

It is sad that people Pm you even if you wrote that in your sig AND here in the Thread that you don`t want to get PMs at the moment.

I really can`t wait to see the new Prize dragons, I always love to see new dragons. smile.gif

I do believe you said that before and you have it in your signature. Do people keep on harrassing you? x.x

the first few PMs were kinda cute. but now they're starting to bother me. I can't possibly make everyone who wants a prize dragon offspring happy. its just not possible.

the first few PMs were kinda cute. but now they're starting to bother me. I can't possibly make everyone who wants a prize dragon offspring happy. its just not possible.

No, it's not. I hope people stop bothering you.

*points above*

perfect example of why i don't pm winners.

of color of the prize dragons; maybe blue-red-yellow? like blue ribbon prize kind of thing. i think red is second place, then yellow. could have those mixed up. hrm...traditional blue is first and if i remember right from War of the Worlds Ray's daughter got third place in a horse competition and the ribbon was yellow. so i think maybe red is second.

be a cool color scheme, anyway. though i'm not sure how they'd Christmasfy that.

Edited by WestWindReborn

That just reminded me of this one time my friend was telling me about this guy doting on her. "It was kinda cute at first but now I'm so over his face." xd.png

Man, that sucks though. Guess the expanded PM inbox is bittersweet now. :c

That's why I am avoiding Pming any winners ><

I would rather let them enjoy their prizes for awhile before I attempt to contact any of them. :3

That's just rude of people... Keeping on PM'ing you when you clearly don't want it x.x I think some people need to understand what a full list means x-x But also people are desperate for new shinies, so yeah, they will try everything. You could keep on hiding the fact that you won if you don't want PM's/the warning in your signature keeps on getting ignored

Edited by LaHaine

With some of the comments I am seeing here from some "winners", it's reminding me greatly of Marie Antoinette standing over her balcony and saying, 'let them eat cake.' The mob eventually took care of her - so lesson to be learned here? If you don't want dirty peasants mucking around your palace, their little grubby hands reaching out for things - then, Marie, zip it.

Yes, it is rude to PM someone who has expressly (and in some cases and in no few avenues - repeatedly) stated that they didn't want PMs. But here's a question unrelated to pretty new shinies and the ungodly burden it must pose to have people throwing up offertory sacrifices of neglecteds, CB metals, and ridiculous amounts of hatchlings for something that hasn't even appeared yet for all to see ------ why did you announce your win in the first place?

There are a great many who didn't announce, a few brave souls that have, and even fewer still - there is a rare breed of winners acting gracious about having won and either invited contact or politely asked to be unbothered until whatever future event.

When the egg/dragon isn't even on your scroll yet - that is the greatest gift of anonymity you can hope for - and if anyone knows about it, its not because they stalked or searched or even tried its because someone said "I HAS CAKE - and you can't has any."

Also, to be spoken to the level of thanking others for being able to control themselves is slightly patronizing. Whether you want to chalk it up to manners, pride, just not plain knowing, or just not plain caring - it still feels like a pat on the head from a "big kid."

All of us sandbox kids get it. We all get it, some just don't care and will PM someone anyway because they want to troll, think they're owed something, or are another rich kid with enough allowance to come over and share your toys - Santa brought some of you the cool toy that sold out in the stores that no one else can get. If you don't want other children ooing and ahhing over the fact - then keep it in your backpack and don't say anything about it. There was alot.png to be learned from in elementary school. ;]

For those that this might apply to? Enjoy your toy in your super secret clubhouse - I'm reserving my Kudos for those who won that are gracious about it - regardless to the fact of whether or not they want to be known or contacted.

Remember, manners and gratitude are not only reserved for most of the peasant class.

Edited by panic siren

Yea, I would never bother any winners, but I can't wait until these dragons start breeding ;^; or rather can't wait until they start appearing the AP... at first there will be hardly any X'D

I would like to say it'll be fun searching for them but... I still feel like my tinsels are inadequate, I never got a 2nd gen or even a 3rd gen x.x