TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

This. Exactly this.

I don't PM people impolitely or rudely. I don't PM people who specifically ask to not be PMed.

Seriously, if I don't PM a winner, someone else will, and I'll never get anything that way. If you don't ask you don't get. (Yes, I know, if you ask you probably get ignored or bashed for asking, but it doesn't hurt to try.)

This. Absolutely this.

If people specifically state they don't want to be PM'd - I won't PM them, and it's more understandable. But if they don't, I figure it's worth a try, and my PM's are always short, polite and to the point. c:

while 2gen prize dragons would be lovely it wouldn't feel right to start pming winners asking for offspring before they even got them. :/ (not aiming this at anyone! but my personal feelings in pming people)

for a long time i didn't even want the tinsels because i didn't consider them to be "true" dc dragons even if they did have a nice sprite. I actually started collecting them out of necessity because that was almost the only thing people wanted in trade. though by the time i started getting them people only wanted certain lineages with certain dragons and a certain length. tongue.gif

I'm actually on the list for a silver tinsel but i lost track of the tinsel offspring produced so i don't know where i am on that list anymore, lol. oh well, i'll get a pm eventually. *snicker*

Make sure you have Kiff's permission for the recolors :3

I`m allowed to, I wrote Kiffren an PM. smile.gif

while 2gen prize dragons would be lovely it wouldn't feel right to start pming winners asking for offspring before they even got them. :/ (not aiming this at anyone! but my personal feelings in pming people)

After the tree decorating contest, I caught a CB metallic and offered it in trade for an IOU of a 2nd gen tinsel. The tinsels hadn't been released yet. It was horribly risky, but the person came through. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have my 2nd gen bronze.

I know it seems rude, but if the person is willing to create a list that early, and they're putting people on it already, you are wasting your chance.

If I won, I'd immediately come up with a plan for handling the offspring, even if it was as simple as posting "leave me alone until I figure it out" in my signature.

Edited by siliconrose

I'm honestly not big on lineages myself, so I wouldn't care that much if I never got a 2gen. The most I'd ask for is a clean, realtively short lineage (under 10gen), which was what I aimed for with the Tinsels.

Edited by Slaskia

This. Exactly this.

I don't PM people impolitely or rudely. I don't PM people who specifically ask to not be PMed.

Seriously, if I don't PM a winner, someone else will, and I'll never get anything that way. If you don't ask you don't get. (Yes, I know, if you ask you probably get ignored or bashed for asking, but it doesn't hurt to try.)

Yep, this.

Normally, I wouldn't PM anyone about it, beucase I'm afraid they'd get mad at me xd.png But I figured I'll probably never have another chance of getting a 2nd gen, so I figured "hey, why not?"

And guess what? It worked! I now don't have to worry about getting a 2nd gen biggrin.gif

Edited by Erica8798

Honestly? I'd only PM a winner right of the bat if I had something good for trade at my hands (Cb/2nd gen Gold, Silver or Neglected). But I would never PM them with an IOU offer. Am I aware that this is probably my only chance? Yes, I am. But in light of all the comments in the raffle rethink and this thread, and because some winners even went as far as to delete their posts after the avalanche of PMs, I think that's the most decent thing I can do.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

If any prize winners read this (and I know you don't have your dragons yet) I'd like to ask you to consider breeding to canopies at some point. I've been waiting forever to see nice things bred to my favorite breed, and even if I can only get a 33rd gen of the new dragon, if it had canopies in its lineage, I'd be incredibly excited.

That said, congratulations all of you, you're incredibly lucky~

I PM'd two winners saying congratulations (I'm really happy one of them answered in such a nice way and told me the most epic thing ever! You know who you are xd.png ) and one that did ask to be PM'd to make a mini raffle. After that I stopped when I thought my message would be a congrats in the middle of 7868758 trade PM's, probably with really nice offers, and my message would be there stealing space xd.png

What I'd love to see with these new dragons is a restarted tinselkin tongue.gif I always dreamed that someone with a CB tinsel would pick up a tinselkin, and breed them together, restarted the lineage tongue.gif Keeping my hopes up for the new dragons smile.gif

After the tree decorating contest, I caught a CB metallic and offered it in trade for an IOU of a 2nd gen tinsel. The tinsels hadn't been released yet. It was horribly risky, but the person came through. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have my 2nd gen bronze.

I know it seems rude, but if the person is willing to create a list that early, and they're putting people on it already, you are wasting your chance.

If I won, I'd immediately come up with a plan for handling the offspring, even if it was as simple as posting "leave me alone until I figure it out" in my signature.

Bolded for emphasis.

While it is true that you really do need ot PM winners as soon as possible, there's also the chance that some winners might forget about you asking or only be kidding. I'm fairly certain people are sending "down payments" for IOUs of winners dragons. Its incredibly risky to do so.

I'd suggest, honestly, to PM winners when they actually have the egg on their scroll wink.gif

Bolded for emphasis.

While it is true that you really do need ot PM winners as soon as possible, there's also the chance that some winners might forget about you asking or only be kidding. I'm fairly certain people are sending "down payments" for IOUs of winners dragons. Its incredibly risky to do so.

I'd suggest, honestly, to PM winners when they actually have the egg on their scroll wink.gif

In the case mentioned, after accepting a cb metallic that (bolded) would be a really low trick

In the case mentioned, after accepting a cb metallic that (bolded) would be a really low trick

It would be.

There is also the chance that the owner might just simply go inactive after receiving the egg or only breeding maybe two or three times.

I'm not saying that everyone is like that at all. I'm just saying that if you want to really guarantee you getting a second gen Prize dragon, that you would wait until the egg is on the winner's scroll and that they have the egg when you do.

Asking early may seem really, really rude, but it might be worth it. I have gotten a winner to MAYBE send me a PM when they open a list, IF they even do- and I don't even know if or what I would have to be paying them in return. But at least I now have that ever so slim chance at something, which is enough for me.

^As a result of this, I will no longer be PMing any winners, as that would just be too close to begging for my comfort.

Asking early may seem really, really rude, but it might be worth it. I have gotten a winner to MAYBE send me a PM when they open a list, IF they even do- and I don't even know if or what I would have to be paying them in return. But at least I now have that ever so slim chance at something, which is enough for me.

^As a result of this, I will no longer be PMing any winners, as that would just be too close to begging for my comfort.

I wouldn't call it "rude". It's only really rude if the winner stated that they did not want to receive PMs in their announcement message or in their signature.

I probably sound really paranoid, or whatever the right word to describe me might be, but I'm just stating facts. laugh.gif I had one user tell me they had asked to be on the list for one of the tinsels and never got an egg because the user went inactive.

And, I'm certain the winners will be more willing to gift their friends/family first before really trading. wink.gif

Meh…I think I don't pm the winners asking for them to breed for free because I'm too proud to beg. That and I don't have anything nice to trade.

The other is that the dragon simply may not produce. Some of the tinsels simply weren't good breeders. I had an IOU for a really nice even-gen silver tinsel (my favorite) and the little bugger never produced an egg for me. I waited a year, but had already given the IOU. The person I had the IOU with and I agreed on a different dragon at least. But the little rascal was just plain stingy. And I'm lucky I accepted a different egg about 2 weeks or so before the big tinsel drought. If I hadn't, I'd probably have never gotten one.

if it's worth mentioning, after 1 year you can imagine what I paid for the egg and what was currently being traded was significantly different. Not that I am sorry for what I got (there aren't many silver even-gen tinsels that I had seen). But it's something to think about if you have a hard time catching things and you IOU early.

Edited by Vhale

The main issue with the tinsels was that they were bred so much that the ratios evened out (and they were a rare dragon). It took a while though, for there to be enough that they actually breed like rares. We should have at least a year of fairly easy breeding.

These new dragons will produce well early on. Definitely. It's how the ratios work - even if they're meant to be super rare, it'll take a while for the ratios to even out.

Edited by TheGrox

Oh yes. they will breed very well at first. To the point where people become more interested in the lineages, breed mate, and parents more then the actual breed itself.

heh.

First of all.

This is not a post by a dissapointed member, or a jealous person.

I want people to enjoy their won dragons.

A few things about those raffles and prize dragons annoy me.

(what I say is not to offend, please do not missunderstand me, but from long observation of the forums, breeding and trading centres and so on)

First, a few owners of those prizes go on a power trip.

They are now THE PRIZE DRAGON OWNERS.

Like an exclusive club.

Most demand horrendous prices for their dragons, no matter the lineage/length whatever.

Some think they are something better now, and should not react to the masses in any matter.

Then the users that are begging and whining.

Why begging? Trying to guild trip?

Or whining? The same reason?

How does "I will never get that dragon!" make your situation different?

You only make people feel awkward on your behalf.

Then there am I.

Feeling quite a bit guilty.

Why?

Because I do not ... feel dissapointed to not having won.

Yeah, sure, a nice dragon with MY special code? (I would have asked for a GW as a HM, that´s sure *lol*)

And you can only get that many CB metallics, and neglecteds for your bred eggs before it gets boring ...

But ... yeah.

Not trying to pull anyone down, and hoping those prizes will be pretty, and certainly wanting for anyone to enjoy their dragons ...

But ... count me out from the excitement.

Greetings.

Edited by Hellen

I'm probably the only one here just hoping to get an offspring of the prize dragons, not caring about lineages at all xd.png

Congrats to all the winners. <3 I hope you enjoy your lovely new dragons and I can't wait to see what they look like! I'm sure I'll be PMing winners at a later date to hopefully get on a waiting list or two, but as I've never done that in previous years I'm not sure if I'll be less lazy this time around, lol.

Also, this is probably a touch off topic and a bit late, but I loved the holiday events. My gingerbread house decorating skills are pretty well nonexistent, though finding the recipes and cooking stuff up was very fun!