TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

okay, I figure the hype has died down a bit so I feel safe enough to admit I'm a winner again unsure.gif  (I deleted my post earlier because of the flood of messages I immediately received)

I trust that you guys won't start bombarding me with messages again?....

Congratulations!

I really hope that people will have enough respect for your wishes. I also hope that they've got the hint from other people repeatedly saying in this thread that they wouldn't like that - some of them even said that if they had won they wouldn't be breeding for fast PMers at all.

Off topic, but does your name have anything to do with Soul Eater?

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I don't think the hype has died down but I guess asking not to PM will work xd.png

Congrats again~

I won't bombard you. Congratulations, Ashura09 <3

What would the email message be labeled with?

It'll most likely have something along the lines of "Holiday Raffle" "Dragcave" "Raffle".

Those are probably what you want to look for wink.gif

okay, I figure the hype has died down a bit so I feel safe enough to admit I'm a winner again unsure.gif  (I deleted my post earlier because of the flood of messages I immediately received)

I feel EXACTLY the same as you... I also deleted my post earlier, but I feel like I know how to handle things a little better now. If things get crazy again though, I'll delete this post again. (So if you don't mind not quoting me or at least editing out my name when you do, that would be nice. ^-^)... I'll be keeping the badge on though. It's cute.

EDIT: Also, I don't actually think I have said this yet because things have been a bit crazy, but CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners! biggrin.gif

Edited by Forest

Mod, is there any way to ask that any emails sent to me be resent to my current email address?

From the OP:

All of the raffle winners have been selected and contacted via e-mail. The e-mail contains instructions for selecting a prize, and links to a listing of what prizes may be chosen.

If you do not receive an e-mail, make sure the address associated with your account is correct; e-mails will be resent to those who do not select a prize in a few days.

If the e-mail sent to your site e-mail address bounces, a new winner will be selected.

I feel EXACTLY the same as you... I also deleted my post earlier, but I feel like I know how to handle things a little better now. If things get crazy again though, I'll delete this post again. (So if you don't mind not quoting me or at least editing out my name when you do, that would be nice. ^-^)... I'll be keeping the badge on though. It's cute.

Congratulations to you <3 It's too bad people bombarded you. That isn't okay and they should know better.

Congrats to you too! ^^ And I hope you have a better time now, I can't imagine how suffocated you must have felt

Edited by LaHaine

I'm sorry if I bothered anyone I PM'ed, but I know that I missed on chances to get 2nd gens from tinsels because I wasn't willing to PM people I knew were winners who didn't state their preference on contact. Almost no one is going to post "please contact me to get on my list", even if that's the way they want to handle things. I do not contact people who have said they don't wish to be contacted.

So, if you don't want to be contacted, please mention that in your post. I know it's a pain and you might not want to be thinking about that when you're thrilled by winning, but it's the surest way to make sure those of us who have some manners will leave you alone.

I'm sorry if I bothered anyone I PM'ed, but I know that I missed on chances to get 2nd gens from tinsels because I wasn't willing to PM people I knew were winners who didn't state their preference on contact. Almost no one is going to post "please contact me to get on my list", even if that's the way they want to handle things. I do not contact people who have said they don't wish to be contacted.

So, if you don't want to be contacted, please mention that in your post. I know it's a pain and you might not want to be thinking about that when you're thrilled by winning, but it's the surest way to make sure those of us who have some manners will leave you alone.

This. Exactly this.

I don't PM people impolitely or rudely. I don't PM people who specifically ask to not be PMed.

Seriously, if I don't PM a winner, someone else will, and I'll never get anything that way. If you don't ask you don't get. (Yes, I know, if you ask you probably get ignored or bashed for asking, but it doesn't hurt to try.)

How do the prizes look like? I'm curious :3

We don't know yet, we'll only find out when they are given out. o3o

Just going to say that if those who choose the new prize dragon would update the wiki with sprites and info I would be eternally grateful smile.gif Dead curious, but don't want to stalk someone's scroll smile.gif

this

Oh! I keep forgetting to ask, do we know who the spriter is yet? If it's someone who has done prior releases, we could at least examine their other sprites and make some wild-arse but fun guesses about the new one... (yes, I'm a dork laugh.gif )

ooh ooh ooh! More butt tentacles! xd.png

If the surmise is correct and there were a total of 60 winners, then assuming an active user base of 40,000 users and everyone completing all the recipes, each player's chances were 0.15%.

Of course, there are a bunch of assumptions in this, but it's a good ballpark figure. Translation: almost no one won. Each player's chances were astronomically bad.

Grats to all the winners! Better watch out for theives. o3o

I've been wanting to make a badge with the new egg and the words 2013 Prize Stalker :3

/awaits egg graphic

And probably lines of text saying this PM box is full in the background if not just the mail icon wink.gif

If the surmise is correct and there were a total of 60 winners, then assuming an active user base of 40,000 users and everyone completing all the recipes, each player's chances were 0.15%.

Of course, there are a bunch of assumptions in this, but it's a good ballpark figure. Translation: almost no one won. Each player's chances were astronomically bad.

O.O Are there really that many ACTIVE players? Where did you get that number?

okay, I figure the hype has died down a bit so I feel safe enough to admit I'm a winner again unsure.gif (I deleted my post earlier because of the flood of messages I immediately received)

Congrats! And I write to winners but if you say you don`t want an Pm I won`t write to you don`t worry. smile.gif

O.O Are there really that many ACTIVE players? Where did you get that number?

That's how many TJ stated on his own site - actually he said "over 40000". I can't remember the link now ...

Edited by TheGrox

That's how many TJ stated on his own site - actually he said "over 40000". I can't remember the link now ...

Oh woooooow. That that really puts into perspective how lucky the winners are. ^^; Hehe

Oh woooooow. That that really puts into perspective how lucky the winners are. ^^; Hehe

Exactly, they are *very* lucky xd.png.