TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

Oh, that would be all kinds of awesome. <3 pygmies and well, the poor 2-headed seem lonely.

Personally, I would not want that. Pygmys and two-headeds are so breed-restricted. As much as I'd love them, having a Prize dragon as one of them would kind of ruin it a bit. I'd like to be able to breed with dragons like turpentines. ^^;

Edited by Qualeo

No emails, except for being told that i can receive a Valentine egg when the breeding time comes around... for which I'm thankful, don't get me wrong... biggrin.gif

congrats to the winners and in the event that they become a loser, I can hope that I can then become a winner... laugh.gif

can't wait to see the new Prize Dragon...

I've seen the feeding frenzy that ensues when someone gets a prize dragon and I'm not ashamed to say I would not be able to handle it at all.

lol Same here! If I ever win a prize dragon, I'm putting "PMing me out of the blue about prize dragon eggs is the fastest and best way to ensure that it won't be you that gets one". xd.png

When all the hoo ha died down after awhile I'd start to give eggs away, but people that slammed me with unsolicited PMs from the second I got the prize? No way. :S I can feel myself twitch a little just thinking about it. lol

Well no one in my family won anything no suprise there but still sucks.. But congratz to all you lucky winners! smile.gif maybe you will want to trade some offspring someday. smile.gifsmile.gif

Man, I really want to see this new dragon...

I dream of having a 2nd gen. 8D

*adds new dragon to wishlist*

Not for me. Oh well, I enjoyed the baking anyway. Maybe in another 6-9 months I'll try trading for some offspring. The early trading on new prize dragons is always a little too rich for my blood, LOL!

ETA: I hope the new prize dragon is a pygmy (or maybe a drake or 2-headed.) It would be fun to be able to introduce some shinies into those other lineages too. :-)

Since I didn't get my first '11 Tinsel in August 2011, this sounds about right. I never have gotten any of the 2012 Tinsels so we'll see what 2013 brings!

I'd also love to see a new Two-Headed! lol!

Personally, I would not want that. Pygmys and two-headeds are so breed-restricted. As much as I'd love them, having a Prize dragon as one of them would kind of ruin it a bit. I'd like to be able to breed with dragons like turpentines. ^^;

I can commiserate with the breed restricting (for whatever reason my turps seem to breed well /knock on wood) but I'd squee over a teeny christmas dragon :3

Well, tinsels can already breed with turpentines. There are no rare pygmies yet, and there are seven pygmy breeds in a pretty rainbow of colors, so there would be some really nice and unique lineages to be started if the dragon were a pygmy. I can see how a two-headed prize might put a damper on the breeding enthusiasm though, unless some cool new two-headed breeds were also released soon. :-)

Since I didn't get my first '11 Tinsel in August 2011, this sounds about right. I never have gotten any of the 2012 Tinsels so we'll see what 2013 brings!

I'd also love to see a new Two-Headed! lol!

Aha yes, I bet that apart from one very super duper kind soul who's gifting me <3 that I'm still excited about (even if I have to wait a while), the tradings will be like; 5 cb golds, a cb neglected, some cb silvers, maybe some blusangs and GWs... for one 5th gen xd.png or something. Which I won't be anywhere close to trading for, but anyway, excited to see what they are, and the new codes and names :3!

A two-headd might be interesting, would definitely bring the two headeds back up and whatnot... But I still don't think a pygmy or two headed would be best for this type of thing, maybe just a normal release sometime.

Well, tinsels can already breed with turpentines. There are no rare pygmies yet, and there are seven pygmy breeds in a pretty rainbow of colors, so there would be some really nice and unique lineages to be started if the dragon were a pygmy. I can see how a two-headed prize might put a damper on the breeding enthusiasm though, unless some cool new two-headed breeds were also released soon. :-)

Well, i'm not saying it would be bad, but the breeding possibilities are a lot better wit dragons that can actually breed with the bigger ones. Pygmies are limited to pygmies and the pumpkin dragon only really.

Two-headed with alos be a bad choice for this. It can only breed with its own breed (Unless new two-headed are released).

My favroite dragon is a turpentine, and while i'm happy i won, it would be dissappointing to not be able to create a special lineage with my favorite dragon.

Of course, I'm not against seeing Holiday Pygmies. now that would be adorable.

But, again, I think holiday and event dragons should not be dragons that are restricted like Pygmies and Two-headeds are.

Thats just my own opinion though.

I'd be okay with pygmies, maybe, but definitely not splits. Yeah, splits need more love, but until that happens, the lineages would be so boring with splits.

Yeah, and I find it really stressful trying to walk the line between "This person is just nicely expressing that they'd like me to breed something for them someday and would love to breed some cool stuff in return" and "This person is bothering the heck out of me about something I already get too many PMs about and I wish they'd jump off a cliff." So I just don't usually say anything. I still don't even have a 2010 2nd-gen (though at least I'm finally on a list for one.) If it happens with the '13's, then it happens, and if it doesn't, I'll not have gotten my hopes up. :-)

I suspect the day 2-headed happened there would be a massive suggestion thread about letting them breed with others.

Then there are drakes...

I suspect the day 2-headed happened there would be a massive suggestion thread about letting them breed with others.

Then there are drakes...

Yeah, I don't think too many people would be too happy about that xd.png Its just too breed specific for this kind of thing xd.png

Ugh... I really regret posting that, as everyone seems to be taking it way more seriously than they should. I would never actually do that, and I am myself one of those players that would probably explode if that actually happened. I said something along those lines in a later post. It was intended as a joke, and although it was poorly thought out, it was not indended to insult anyone. I sincerely apologize to you and anyone else I might have offended through my inconsiderate actions.

-TVTD

Don't regret that. I thought it would be amusing to breed it to a messy lineaged dragon. They're all the same sprite and there will be plenty of opportunities to get a different second gen from someone else. If someone wants to breed their CB dragon to one inbred over 300 times, then that's their choice. People should not be reprimanding people on how they play on a sandboxy game.

>.> I've been reading through this waiting for someone to say they actually won... but doesn't look like anyone who's won has seen it yet.

or they won't post because of the risk of being bombarded by breed requests. o-o;

or they won't post because of the risk of being bombarded by breed requests. o-o;

If I won I definitely wouldn't post saying so due to this... xd.png At least not for a while later, and I'd only gift mine, and the only requirement be that their first 10 offspring be GIFTED xd.png

Edited by sunsteps88

Don't regret that. I thought it would be amusing to breed it to a messy lineaged dragon. They're all the same sprite and there will be plenty of opportunities to get a different second gen from someone else. If someone wants to breed their CB dragon to one inbred over 300 times, then that's their choice. People should not be reprimanding people on how they play on a sandboxy game.

Yeah, but it's also not wrong for someone to be disappointed or saddened by it. It's like... if I need money because I have little, and you have money, and you won't give it to me, that's your perogative. It's not morally or ethically wrong. But I can feel upset about it. I just can't demand that you give it to me, because I have no right to place that obligation on you. It'd also be pretty lousy to chase you around and tell you that I'm upset all the time. But if you said "No," and I said, "Oh, I'm really disappointed by that," that's not wrong, either.

I sometimes feel like saying "I don't like that you're doing that" and "You must do what I want" are treated like exactly the same thing.

I don't believe my email has arrived, TJ... Must have been lost in transit, yes... rolleyes.gif I never win anything anyway, my hopes weren't very high. As said a million times before, congrats to the winners and I can't wait to see the new dragons!

LOL, same here... was kind of weird that my spam and deleted folders were empty when I checked for an email, though.

Ah well, congratulations to all who really did win, please breed your new dragon profusely! biggrin.gif

Yeah, but it's also not wrong for someone to be disappointed or saddened by it. It's like... if I need money because I have little, and you have money, and you won't give it to me, that's your perogative. It's not morally or ethically wrong. But I can feel upset about it. I just can't demand that you give it to me, because I have no right to place that obligation on you. It'd also be pretty lousy to chase you around and tell you that I'm upset all the time. But if you said "No," and I said, "Oh, I'm really disappointed by that," that's not wrong, either.

I sometimes feel like saying "I don't like that you're doing that" and "You must do what I want" are treated like exactly the same thing.

Was more or less commenting about the "mean spirited" quote. Playing however you like, despite people not liking it would not be mean spirited in my opinion. Having exactly what someone wants showing it off to the person, knowing how desperate they were for that lineage, and then deciding that they maybe wouldn't keep it but just trade it off to someone else...and then ignore your question on what you could offer for it...that would be mean spirited. If that sounds specific, it's because it happened. There are plenty of worse ways for players to treat others than haphazardly breeding their dragons.

As of now, I still only have a single 12th gen Gold Tinsel, 9+ gen Silver Tinsel (and 2 deadlines), and a 7th gen Bronze tinsel. I don't expect to see any more Tinsels for another few months, so I probably won't see a 2012 prize dragon descendent on my scroll until 2014 or 2015.

I will be sticking to everything else easier to attain.

I hope I don't sound dreadfully bitter. wink.gif

Still, congrats to all winners.

^^

I only have one of each Tinsel, all of which are....7th gen I believe, 2-breed stairsteps. Sigh. I wasn't around during the Tinsel fiasco, however, so.....Perhaps I'll be able to get more of these prizes than them, ahaha~ biggrin.gif

^^

I only have one of each Tinsel, all of which are....7th gen I believe, 2-breed stairsteps. Sigh. I wasn't around during the Tinsel fiasco, however, so.....Perhaps I'll be able to get more of these prizes than them, ahaha~ biggrin.gif

The funny thing is that I was there for all of it wink.gif