TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

I just dunno what he means with "bounces". Sorry, english is not my main language...

But when the email is full it sends back that it's full, i believe, is that what he means?

well thanks for the answers

Edited by Lilly

Congrats to all the winners!!!

Because, like the great majority of DC addicts, i haven't won anything,

i'm now taking out my gigantic bowl with popcorn and stare at the evolving drama... laugh.gif

On a side note: I really enjoyed the whole christmas event very much and i'm not too sad, that i won nothing. rolleyes.gif

I just dunno what he means with "bounces". Sorry, english is not my main language...

But when the email is full it sends back that it's full, i believe, is that what he means?

well thanks for the answers

I think it bounces back when it's an incorrect email (or an email that doesn't exist anymore), I guess TJ thinks those people are inactive and proceeds to choose another.

I don't know what happens when an inbox is full though xd.png

Haha poor Rarek, as soon as I saw your post I knew that wave of private messages would hit hard.

But only 2 second gens? that puzzles me unsure.gif

That's correct. I'm only giving away four third generation eggs to the public, at which point they may breed them however they like. The two second generation eggs are going to two people who have helped me more than anyone in the game, and I'd like to thank them for it.

That's correct. I'm only giving away four third generation eggs to the public, at which point they may breed them however they like. The two second generation eggs are going to two people who have helped me more than anyone in the game, and I'd like to thank them for it.

That is exceedingly sweet biggrin.gif

If I had won, I probably wouldn't have told any of you =(

After the Rosebuds and the Shadow Walkers, I have gotten so many PMs it's crazy. They only breed once a week, and keeping a list and schedule is hard work when this is a game. So, I would probably wait a month...or a few, before doing breeding for those who are polite and wait that long before asking.

*shudders* It's really scary how much value people put on them.

I've noticed that you have both your alts and regular variations of Shadow Walkers and Rosebuds. Up till now, I've always thought that your scrolls are coded as to show just your alts. Was that changed, or can you chose for your dragon to alt?

That's really, really cute. It's great to see that someone's generosity is appreciated. Are you going to arrange trades for the rest of your offsprings?

Edited by PointOfOrigin

That's actually one of the nicest things I have ever heard someone say on this site. Bawwwww.

What would you guys do, if you've won?

If I won, I would post that I won, but that my request list was full. I would already have decided who was getting my second gens.

My second gens would go out, mostly as gifts. I would have used the forums as a way to decide who to gift to.

I would ask everyone that I gift to to give a third gen to somebody. Not that it would be a requirement, but I do believe that most people who I would deem kind and helpful enough to go on my good list would do this.

A few of second gens would be held back, as I would like a second CB gold, and at least a CB silver. (Over 4500 dragons and only 1 CB metalic.) I would also like a second gen from a different contest winner, and I would like to keep 1 second gen for myself.

My third gens (from my second gen and a different one) would be a combination of gifts and AP drops.

Not that any of this matters now, as I didn't win.

If I won, I would post that I won, but that my request list was full. I would already have decided who was getting my second gens.

My second gens would go out, mostly as gifts. I would have used the forums as a way to decide who to gift to.

I would ask everyone that I gift to to give a third gen to somebody. Not that it would be a requirement, but I do believe that most people who I would deem kind and helpful enough to go on my good list would do this.

A few of second gens would be held back, as I would like a second CB gold, and at least a CB silver. (Over 4500 dragons and only 1 CB metalic.) I would also like a second gen from a different contest winner, and I would like to keep 1 second gen for myself.

My third gens (from my second gen and a different one) would be a combination of gifts and AP drops.

Not that any of this matters now, as I didn't win.

Wow, first time I find someone with the same plan as me! Except I'm not sure I would post that I won.

Just went through the thread and it seems that two winners deleted their posts. I guess that it was just too much pressure for them sad.gif

Hmm, I got the 2nd prize.

Any ideas what I should ask for this prize?

Go for Silver Tinsel?

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes get all new dragons, so choose the prize dragon since they will be new (yup, the tinsels got retired)

EDIT: edited your name out in case you want to delete your post and keep your privacy

Edited by LaHaine

Hmm, I got the 2nd prize.

Any ideas what I should ask for this prize?

Go for Silver Tinsel?

Congratulations! I would personally go for the new prize dragon if it's offered.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes get all new dragons, so choose the prize dragon since they will be new (yup, the tinsels got retired)

I never know about that!

I thought it would be another tinsel.

Edited by isomanic

No email for me, although that's not very surprising, considering I've only been lucky a handful of times in my life.

I can't help but wonder if it's really worth making a few dozen people happy, if it's going to cause hundreds and even probably thousands of disappointments.

Anyway, congrats to the winners ! Enjoy, and I hope we'll get to see the sprites soon.

I completely agree. I've rarely won anything that is entirely chance based, and even though you know you're likely not going to win you just can't help but get all hyped up, which in turn makes disappointments worse.

I don't mind not winning - I knew I wouldn't anyway. No point getting your hopes up. As long as I can get a 2nd gen or two, I'm fine with that. Congratulations to all who have been brave enough to announce that they've won so far, and to those who haven't yet tongue.gif.

DX I thought for sure I might have a chance at winning something. Dang it.

All you lucky winners...*shakes fist*

Congrats

*shudders* It's really scary how much value people put on them.

I've noticed that you have both your alts and regular variations of Shadow Walkers and Rosebuds. Up till now, I've always thought that your scrolls are coded as to show just your alts. Was that changed, or can you chose for your dragon to alt?

Well, I did an experiment with it last year with my Rosebud. I let my frozen alt hatchling free, and bred myself a new one from my alt. It turned pink and thus I learned that it is only coded for the initial dragons, not for subsequent ones. The same was done with the one non-alt Shadow Walker on my scroll. I love both the regular Rosebuds and the alt, and I really love my alt SWs.

With the new prizes, I don't know if even I could get a second gen because my dragons don't like to breed. I haven't had a gold breed true in over 4 years. It's not all that fun anymore like it used to be. So I wish all the best to the prize winners, and I hope they don't get overwhelmed by the flood of Private Messages, it will pass in time. =) It is the best feeling to gift a special dragon to someone random when-you- feel like it, compared to keeping a list of people to breed for.

Congratulations winners! xd.png

Enjoy your prizes, don't post that you won on forums, and make pretty lineages! :*

It's not scary how much people value them - they are super rare to start with, until they get distributed a bit. Remember value is only what people are willing to pay. If nobody was willing to pay CB Metals for them, then they wouldn't be worth CB Metals. Simples.

If I had won, I wouldn't tell anyone most likely.

Initially, I'd attempt to trade for things I have trouble getting myself atm (things on my wishlist, basically), but with the option of offering BSA dragons instead, as I'm not THAT greedy (or I try not to be, at least).

After that, breeding would be according to my whims (I usually don't breed any dragon often unless I need something, breeding holidays during their season, or the rare times I want to glomp gift someone). What offspring I get at that point would be glomp gifts.

As it stands right now, since I didn't win, I'm going to wait until the prizes have been actually given out before even considering requesting any offspring (just in case I get lucky on redraws xd.png). Most likely though, I'll wait for another 'Spread the Love' thread to pop up to get them.