7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Though, it's generally better to train a Pokemon towards it's strengths instead of trying to cover its weaknesses, unless it has some sort of niche purpose.

Someone sitting in front of me was playing this before class today. It looks so awesome. T-T

I really wish I could get my hands on a copy...I've been dying to play it, but I'm completely broke. *whimper*

This.

I'm saving up to meet up with my boyfriend :/

I haven't missed a Pokemon game. This is going to be a first.

So, I found out there's another restaurant even more expensive then the 3-star 100k.

Spoilers

After you finish with the Looker, in Rogue plaza across from the burea is another restaurant. Its 500k.

So now that I'm done pikachu breeding (my selected nature pichu actually evolved in to pikachu so I can reap in the light ball benefits)....

I'm noibat breeding :'D

I got two noibats off the GTS (people love volt tackle pichus....) so I'm breeding those for a nature I like (and because I don't like getting the EXP boost from traded pokes.... I'm so weird)

Also, wonder trade is the most addictive feature ever. I've gotten some great pokes off of it, and plenty of "commons" so I'm just crazy trading.

I got a skrelp, goomies, lapras, a haunter (which evolved to gengar) and a couple others (mostly just ones that fill in my pokedex) as far as the "good" goes

Is anyone else out there trying to collect as many Vivillon colors in X&Y as possible?

For anyone who hasn't heard yet, there are about 18 varieties of Vivillon (have a look at them here), and the color your game gives you is determined by the region your 3ds is set to. So if we want to collect other colors, we'll have to trade with other people from all over the world.

The best list I've been able to find so far about what variety can be found where is this reddit post.

I'm thinking about PMing a mod to ask permission to make a thread just for Vivillon color trading and nothing else. It would have a form to fill out and post saying 'I can offer this wing pattern from my game; here is the list of the colors I already have, and another list of the ones I still need. PM me if you're interested in a swap and I'll edit this post as my lists change'.

But before I bother a mod, I figured I would check and see if anyone would even be interested in a thing like that laugh.gif

Whatcha think? Would anybody find a thread like this helpful?

Edited by Quis

I need to go find a pikachu with Light ball in that forest. What are the chances of finding one?

Whatcha think? Would anybody find a thread like this helpful?

That'd be nice. I'm stuck with the modern one. *Was sorta hoping for polar* Not like I expected it in the Midwest, though apparently you can get it elsewhere in the Midwest. dry.gif

I need to go find a pikachu with Light ball in that forest. What are the chances of finding one?

I've seen several people asking this same question in a few different forums, but none of the answers I've seem have been definite or proven. One place said each encounter is a 5% chance, and another said each encounter maths out to a 1 in 3,333 chance.

Not exactly a solution for you, sorry, but its the only information I've been able to find so far. :/

That'd be nice. I'm stuck with the modern one. *Was sorta hoping for polar* Not like I expected it in the Midwest, though apparently you can get it elsewhere in the Midwest.

That's one vote for a Vivillon color swapping thread! *makes a tally mark on the board*

I have Polar (my area's) and Garden so far. Haven't quite been actively collecting yet, though, the Garden one came from a Wonder Trade. xP

I'd probably be up for a trade thread like that for when I do start actively collecting, though c:

On EV training:

A Pokémon's stats are determined by two sets of values: IVs and EVs. IVs stand for individual values, and are randomly generated when the Pokémon first appears. They are kinda like the Pokémon's DNA. EVs are Effort Values. They are earned by battling, and using stat boosting items. This is why a player caught Pokémon is stronger than a wild Pokémon, because they have been receiving EV bonuses to their stats. Different Pokémon award EVs to diferent stats, usualy in the stat that the Pokemon is known for. EV training is the practice of taking a Pokemon, and focusing on building up EVs in a single stat by selectively battling mons that award the correct stat.

Take Drifblim for example, two stats that it is known fore are it's high health, and abysmal defense. The appeal of having high health pales somewhat when even minor attacks will do massive damage to it. However if you were to EV train Drifblim in Defense, it becomes a viable Pokémon for tanking hits.

Now, you may have noticed that there several berries in the game that raise happiness, but lower a stat. Supprise! These are part of EV training as well. There is a cap to total EVs a Pokémon can earn. These berries remove EVs so you can train your desired stats even more!

Finally, the downside. Pokémon who are EV trained in a single stat above everything else suffer from overall weaker stats, except for the stat that was EV trained. This is again because of the EV cap limiting how much a Pokemon can grow. A Blaziken trained in attack won't be as fast as one raised normally, while one trained in speed won't have as high of an attack. You need to chose wisely which stats to focus on when EV training, and make sure it works for that Pokémon.

That's what super training is all about. It is a new feature that lets players easily EV train, and track their Pokémon's stats.

Wow, I wrote a small essay here, didn't I?

Yeah sorta but how do I make sure that my Charmeleon is properly trained? I know for Impish natures I think Special Attack and Defense are the ones it helps or hurts.

Pff

Well adding a Durant to my team was a good idea she totally swept the last gym leader xP

(I didn't even know Ice was weak to Steel until today pff |D)

Edited by Pika_Oi

Light ball is a 5% chance. It took me a long time to get it, I'm talking several hours. Though if you're super lucky you can get it fast.

Just get thief on a higher level pokemon and go for it. Pikachu itself is "rare" so you might not see one for a long period of time. Just takes some determination/time/nothing else to do

I've gotten a couple scatterbugs from other places in the world, I'll have to evolve them to get the patterns. I think it's a really cool feature to encourage world trading. /world peace via pokemon

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Delphox is a beast when it comes to special attack and speed. My Nahlkrein wipes out any enemy in his way. 0_o

And my Rinikparrein [my female Pyroar] held off from being fainted to impress me. It literally said that in the game with a little heart! xd.png

My Durant just completely demolishes everything in her path (the only thing she has trouble with is Fire-Types, and that's only because she's missing Rock Slide), but then I expected that after the way my Durant in White 2 performs (speaking of that one, I really hope she passes through the cheating filters so I can get her over to Y when I'm able to but if she doesn't all I'd probably have to do is change her obtained location since everything else on her is totally within legitimate Pokemon bounds (no illegal moves or stats) even though she was conjured as an egg from my computer as opposed to painstakingly bred for IVs

And I certainly hope she doesn't think I'm replacing her with Backen here c': )

Edited by Pika_Oi

Yep mine have done that, where they land critical hits, endure attacks, and evade attacks. Because they love me.

Also, fun trick. Right after your pokemon makes another pokemon faint (like when it gets called back), if you rub the bottom screen you'll pet your pokemon in battle (it won't show your character, but it'll show a hand). Your mon will make a little heart

Light ball is a 5% chance. It took me a long time to get it, I'm talking several hours. Though if you're super lucky you can get it fast.

Just get thief on a higher level pokemon and go for it. Pikachu itself is "rare" so you might not see one for a long period of time. Just takes some determination/time/nothing else to do

I've gotten a couple scatterbugs from other places in the world, I'll have to evolve them to get the patterns. I think it's a really cool feature to encourage world trading. /world peace via pokemon

Rare my butt. I put my own Pikachu in front of the party and a majority of the pokemon I ran into outside of Santalune City was all Pikachus.

Pikachus are not that rare. I am just taking my time I did not even beat the second gym, yet my pokemon are pretty strong. But I cant play much anyway.

Rare compared to everything else in that area xd.png

(hence why I used the quotations)

Seriously though I went for a couple stretches of just solid elemental monkeys.

Anyway though, just use thief on them until you get a light ball.

My guys are almost all to level 30 and I still only have 2 badges :'D

Although my new Noibat (Echo) and Pikachu (Gigawatt) are only about level 20 because I've had to level them from level 1 since they're egglings.

So the last member of my team needed is clauncher, which whenever I get the good rod he'll replace my panpour (who is currently my HM slave)

Rare compared to everything else in that area xd.png

(hence why I used the quotations)

Seriously though I went for a couple stretches of just solid elemental monkeys.

Anyway though, just use thief on them until you get a light ball.

My guys are almost all to level 30 and I still only have 2 badges :'D

Although my new Noibat (Echo) and Pikachu (Gigawatt) are only about level 20 because I've had to level them from level 1 since they're egglings.

So the last member of my team needed is clauncher, which whenever I get the good rod he'll replace my panpour (who is currently my HM slave)

Oh then yeah sorta. In Santalune forest though they are rare but the area right outside Santalune City is kinda full of'em.

Do you really need about 55 people to open up the entire Friend Safari? I didn't want to add that many but I want the full safari open to me. T-T I sat and counted how many was in the safari and it came out to 165 and you only get 3 or so per friend so yeah. T-T

Also my friend can only find two of hers and shes got more than two people on hers so she should be seeing more.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Lickitung doesn't mind if you rub its tongue, but it doesn't like being petted on the head

Lickitung, you're silly

But we all already knew that

So, now I'm like, mass breeding Litleos because now I want a shiny one. I already have an entire PC box-full, so I'll be Wonder Trading those off~ xd.png

I traded for a high level Pyroar as well as a Talonflame because I'm too lazy to raise them myself. Still haven't found a trade for my Zapdos for a Moltres, sadly. I really want to unlock some fire-types for the Friend Safari...but I don't have enough friends... ;__;

I'm also running short on money, which is a first for me in Pokemon.

I mostly get funds via Battle Chateau every day.

So, when you play with pikachu/pichu, if you rub their cheeks you get shocked.

Tyrunt likes being pet on the snout dangerously close to his mouth

Ah wonder trade, the best way to get rid of pokes you don't want.

I sent off a ton of Noibats today. I hope people are happy with them. I also sent off some volt tackle pichus, hope people will be happy with that little surprise.

My favorite part is just seeing where my trading partner is from. It's really amazing to see how many people around the world play the game!

(It's also funny when you realize how late at night people are playing the game when you look at what country they're from)

Yep mine have done that, where they land critical hits, endure attacks, and evade attacks. Because they love me.

Also, fun trick. Right after your pokemon makes another pokemon faint (like when it gets called back), if you rub the bottom screen you'll pet your pokemon in battle (it won't show your character, but it'll show a hand). Your mon will make a little heart

I tried that. It doesn't work. :<

I think it only works when you have played with them in Poke-amie. I'm not sure if there is a minimum heart count to get it to work.