7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I usually have pretty good luck with shinies (I've found at least one by chance in every gen with shinies so far) but I haven't found any yet. That could change before I beat the game, though, or my luck could finally fail me and I could just not find any at all xP

Current party, probably permanent unless a particularly enticing Bug-Type comes along to replace Lill:

Sticky (Sliggoo@Eviolite (♀), Lv. 46, Modest nature)

Riasc (Blastoise@Blastoiseinite (♂), Lv. 48, Bold nature)

Rafferty (Greninja@King's Rock (♂), Lv. 49, Hardy nature)

Hel (Meowstic@Amulet Coin (♀), Lv. 49, Modest nature)

Lill (Vivillon@Silver Powder (♀), Lv. 49, Sassy nature)

Dirge (Dragalge@Black Sludge (♀), Lv. 50, Docile nature)

Edited by Pika_Oi

Yep the shiny rate seems to have increased, but still elusive.

Seriously pidge is only until I get a better flying type (noibat if I have to wait that long).

Unless.... do any of you have a noibat you'd be willing to trade to me (I'd prefer a low-ish level, so bred is fine as well).

I don't really have anything special to give in return, unless you want the cotton candy thing.

/maybe I'll try the online dealy out

/looking for one of a quiet or modest nature

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Furfrou is pretty insane, yeah.

I heard speculation that the shiny rate has gone up. Anyone have any comments on this? I mean, I've neeevveerrr had much luck with shinies, and still goes for X/Y. I've seen nothin'. How 'bout you guys?

I've heard about that too and yes, I believe it has gone up. I haven't seen any yet personally, though. I think generally they're making more hush-hush aspects of the game ( shinies, EV training, etc ) easily accessible/at least more accessible and in your face for newcomers to Pokemon, because all of us old players know all of these "secret things" and what we know barely gets out to the new guys and so forth. So they may be trying to make it more.. I guess fun to do what we do, all while making it so that newcomers can understand what we know, as well.

I tried to explain to someone why they were having shiny legendaries for the event ( Palkia, Dialga, Giratina ) and how a shiny Pokemon wasn't really.. an event-only thing, lmao! In the end I wound up telling them to just look it up on Serebii to see all the shinies that are in-game or well, possible to GET in-game, but you have to work your butt off to get them.

I usually have pretty good luck with shinies (I've found at least one by chance in every gen with shinies so far) but I haven't found any yet. That could change before I beat the game, though, or my luck could finally fail me and I could just not find any at all xP

If you look on the pre-gen V(I think) thread, I got two shiny Pokemon by random chance in the same day, but I never gt one in FireRed or Emerald. I never battle wild Pokemon in B2, maybe I should try it.

Looking forward to getting Y even more now. Maybe I'll grab a Pidge :'D

EDIT: I think Ima soft reset my game a bunch at the start to get a shiny Bulbasaur or something, it will probably take me weeks with my luck

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Man, this is a really long game, lots of stuff between just the first and second gyms... I just got out of the Reflection Cave or whatever it was. Current party:

Amaura(too lazy to go back to name rater now) - male - Bold nature - lv. 28

Sentia(Malamar) - female - Lonely nature - lv. 30

Ixynio(Charmeleon) - male - Sassy nature - lv. 31

Chevra(Fletchinder) - female - Rash nature - lv. 32

Zivitter(Vivillon) - male - Jolly nature - lv. 33

Daedalus(Frogadier) - male - Rash nature - lv. 33

I haven't gotten any further. I'm just leaving a trail of KO'd pikachus in the forest. It must be awful looking in "reality"

/curse you elusive light ball. I need you for volt tackle and for making chus powerful

In all honesty, I haven't found a shiny by chance since FireRed. I dunno. But hey, since I'm actually be working on my Pokedex for this game, perhaps I'll stumble across one.

I'm really curious to see if there will be any other catchable legendaries. I kinda hope to see the wildcats/dogs, but...

I agree about Lumiose. That city just gives me a headache.

I feel like the plot of the game is really awkwardly paced. And it didn't really build up enough suspense (with Team Flare anyways). I dunno. I think I'll go and see if I can snag Zygarde now, and then Mewtwo~ xd.png

Edit: Ohhh, maybe I should go after a shiny Zygarde. Wonder what that looks like....

Edited by xxBurningxx

ahh yeah lumiose at first i thought "oh this is kinda cool" but now the place just gives me a headache and apparently there's a nasty glitch involving it that's affecting some people ;c i just wish the crazy camera was optional!

I picked Bulbasaur, evolved her, and I beat the second gym. I trained Ivysaur a ton because none of my other pokemon were good against rock types. Still no telling if I'll stick with training her. unu

I was also pleasantly surprised to get a female bulbasaur without trying. owo; I had to soft reset quite a bit to get my female braixen.

Anyway my team:

Ophelia ♀ / Braixen / Lv. 28

Moegami ♂ / Fletchinder/ Lv. 27

Uru ♀ / Litleo / Lv. 27

Sakura ♀ / Ivysaur / Lv. 30

Smaug ♂ / Tyrunt / Lv. 26

I personally don't believe the shiny rate has been increased, not until people have some numbers on that. This actually happens every gen -- everyone who's catching Shinies right now are immediately posting them to reap the attention that will only be given NOW, while everyone's still interested in what they look like. Later, finding out what the Shiny form of any Pokemon will be easy, so people won't care as much. It creates a saturation that always leads people into thinking that the rate has increased, each gen.

Haven't been level grinding much, so:

Tall Shadow (Braixen, F)

Lake Shadow (Squirtle, M)

Tori(hey that's Japanese(Pidgey, F))

Bunneh(Bunnelby, F)

McDerp(Dunsparce, M)

Psy The Cat(Espurr, M)

The game's really good so far, but the PokeFan family with the two Furfrous are annoying >_<

I dunno, I feel the game is too short xd.png

My current party stats

Delphox / Prowl / lvl 70

Charizard / Jazz / Lvl 70

Pidgeot / lvl 63

Lapras / lvl 57

Lucario / lvl 69

Sylveon / lvl 45

I got wiped by the last elite four member I needed to go to the champion. So I'm training up ore pokemon. xd.png

I hear you can increase shiny chances by tipping he people who write poetry for you, etc.

I dunno, I feel the game is too short xd.png

My current party stats

Delphox / Prowl / lvl 70

Charizard / Jazz / Lvl 70

Pidgeot / lvl 63

Lapras / lvl 57

Lucario / lvl 69

Sylveon / lvl 45

I got wiped by the last elite four member I needed to go to the champion. So I'm training up ore pokemon. xd.png

I hear you can increase shiny chances by tipping he people who write poetry for you, etc.

Bb, Jazz and Prowl. eeee.

Heee Fizz those are the only too I named.

I just beat the elite four member I had trouble with. I sent out a high defense pokemon and spammed potions until they rna out of PP for that trouble move tha always killed me xd.png

I can't get X or Y yet, but hopefully my X will be coming tomorrow, while Y comes at Christmas. ^^ I love everyone's teams, btw.

Ohh? I never gave any tips (I'm so cheap xd.png) though I did question why the feature was there in the first place. Interesting.

I'm having a few issues regarding Zygarde's capture. Namely leaving him at literally something like 5HP and chucking tons of Ultra-balls at him doesn't seem to work. Meh.

I really want a VS. Seeker..... ;__;

sigh I broke down and bought myself Y and a 3DS XL from amazon on my store card. My friend wanted to send me money to buy them(as a Birthday present), but not until November. It still counts if I use the money to pay off the purchase, right?

To anyone trying to get into the Lumiose City boutique, here's how you do it:

- Get a haircut.

- Do a job at the hotel.

- Buy a meal and win in all three restaurants (1 star, 2 star, 3 star)

The boutique is crazy expensive though, but has some nice things. wink.gif

Took one day to finish the whole game of pokemon Y and the legendary was easy i just used a quick ball and caught it.. So now i am just training my Blaziken and letting it go too Mega form

The elite four and champion were super easy all my pokemon were on 70 Or higher

This version was really easy!

Delphox

Pidgeot

Raichu

Azumarill

Pangoro

Tyrantrum

My team~

Edited by lollipop00

To anyone trying to get into the Lumiose City boutique, here's how you do it:

- Get a haircut.

- Do a job at the hotel.

- Buy a meal and win in all three restaurants (1 star, 2 star, 3 star)

The boutique is crazy expensive though, but has some nice things. wink.gif

Ah, I suppose that's not so bad if you use the taxis, hrm...

I might go for it later (once I finish hatching this egg for that elderly guy in Anistar who wants a level 5 or under Pokemon to raise), thanks for explaining xP

Oh guys, don't know f you guys heard or not, but do NOT save in Lumiose city or near its taxi's. It'll break your game. D:

I just got Mewtwo. Finally. xd.png It too me a bit of fighting.

Oh guys, don't know f you guys heard or not, but do NOT save in Lumiose city or near its taxi's. It'll break your game. D:

Yep, I mentioned that earlier. Saving in buildings should be fine since there's not as much to load in them, but definitely be wary of saving on the city streets and whatnot :V

Edit: Bah, apparently you can't eat at the three-star restaurant until after you beat the E4, oh well :V

Also

user posted image

This is hilarious

Edited by Pika_Oi

Yeah, and even then, the three-star restaurant is expensive xd.png You have to spend 100k pokedollars to get in xd.png

Also, you odn't need the 3-star to get in to the fancy boutique. Just the 1 and 2 star ones.