7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Isn't NOT using it a waste of XP?

It kind of is, actually, or according to what I've noticed anyway. Since it doesn't take from the Pokemon that actually battle, technically it would be a waste of XP to not use it but some people have different styles. x3

This EXP Share is a lot harder to just focus on one Pokemon though, because it gives to the whole nonparticipating party, so.. yeah. Unless you walk around with only two Pokemon, it may not be the best thing, since it splits up the XP between all nonparticipating Pokemon.

Personally, I'm an EV trainer ( pretty strict, as in I get all the EVs I want down to the very last point - though I only do this for tested and approved parties. I don't EV train everything, just the ones I've used that show potential in singles, doubles, triples, and do well against popular enemy-types. ) so right now, at this point where I have no say in what my Pokemon battle ( since the story takes you all over ) I really rely on the EXP Share the most now. No harm in leveling at this stage of the game! <3

It kind of is, actually, or according to what I've noticed anyway. Since it doesn't take from the Pokemon that actually battle, technically it would be a waste of XP to not use it but some people have different styles. x3

This EXP Share is a lot harder to just focus on one Pokemon though, because it gives to the whole nonparticipating party, so.. yeah. Unless you walk around with only two Pokemon, it may not be the best thing, since it splits up the XP between all nonparticipating Pokemon.

Personally, I'm an EV trainer ( pretty strict, as in I get all the EVs I want down to the very last point - though I only do this for tested and approved parties. I don't EV train everything, just the ones I've used that show potential in singles, doubles, triples, and do well against popular enemy-types. ) so right now, at this point where I have no say in what my Pokemon battle ( since the story takes you all over ) I really rely on the EXP Share the most now. No harm in leveling at this stage of the game! <3

Well, Super Training makes it so easy to max out EV Training quickly now, that you could move on to EXP Share training rather fast.

Well, Super Training makes it so easy to max out EV Training quickly now, that you could move on to EXP Share training rather fast.

That's true! I completely forgot to check that out, though I didn't plan on using it now because I never EV train my storymode party - not much possible, I'm afraid. xd.png Usually I use Pokerus, Stat hold items ( the braces/bands ) and vitamins to make EV training a matter of minutes, but Super Training will really help!

[spoilerish I guess?]

Chasing down legendary bird all across Kalos = Burning going into RAGE MODE.

*sigh*

xd.png

Edit: ohhhhhh just after posting this, THANK GODS, it landed in Sea Spirit's Den. *big sigh of relief*

(P.S. If anyone has a Moltres and wants to trade for a Zapdos, shoot me a PM?)

Edited by xxBurningxx

How do you see your Friend Code and how do you add Friend Codes?

Jesus. Bagons are really hard to level up...

You see the orange square smiley face thing at the top of the 3DSs' main menu? happy.gif Click it, and that's where you'll find your FC.

You can add both local FC or FC from people that you know from the internet; the system will ask you which one you want to use.

As for Bagon, yeah, dragons in general take forever to grow.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/371.shtml#stats

Experience Growth 1,250,000 Points

Slow

Isn't NOT using it a waste of XP?

If you are defining waste as not getting it, yes

I have an uber-specific style that relies on having just the right levels for each gym battle, it tests my skill, and getting too much would mean ditching a Pokemon in my PC until later when I can use it properly

I'm catching several Goomy and I'm going to keep one and distribute the rest via Wonder Trades for no particular reason c:

Edit: Also, everybody, be careful when saving in Lumiose City, apparently there's potential for a game-breaking glitch to happen if you do that. :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

I'm catching several Goomy and I'm going to keep one and distribute the rest via Wonder Trades for no particular reason c:

Edit: Also, everybody, be careful when saving in Lumiose City, apparently there's potential for a game-breaking glitch to happen if you do that. :V

Seriously? Haven't heard about that. That sucks.

:/

I've also noticed, this has likely been pointed out, that switching from roller blades to walking makes the lower screen go dark for a second. Dunno if it's supposed to be like that or not.

I seriously wanna trade my Zapdos for a Moltres... ;__;

Edit: I also think I'll start working on my Pokedex now. Considering that I've just hit 30 hours of gameplay time, and my Nat Dex is at 15...But it's like that every time I play Pokemon (because I only specialize my team with fire-type), ahaha. laugh.gif

Oh, one more thing. Does anyone know where to find max revives, and if/where you can obtain a VS. Seeker?

Edited by xxBurningxx

The thing my friend is most hyped up about is, (I quote) "WE CAN CUSTOMIZE OUT TRAINERS NOW OH MY GODDDDDD (proceeds to spaz the heck out)!", so yeah, I want to see how we can change our clothes and stuff.

Seriously? Haven't heard about that. That sucks.

:/

I've also noticed, this has likely been pointed out, that switching from roller blades to walking makes the lower screen go dark for a second. Dunno if it's supposed to be like that or not.

I seriously wanna trade my Zapdos for a Moltres... ;__;

Edit: I also think I'll start working on my Pokedex now. Considering that I've just hit 30 hours of gameplay time, and my Nat Dex is at 15...But it's like that every time I play Pokemon (because I only specialize my team with fire-type), ahaha. laugh.gif

Oh, one more thing. Does anyone know where to find max revives, and if/where you can obtain a VS. Seeker?

I see that screen-darkening thing as well - I thought it was my 2DS, but apparently not!

Zapdos is awesome, though! D: My younger brother said that according to my starter choice, I'll be getting.. Moltres, I think? It's not my favorite but whatever. xd.png I have a grudge against Articuno, because whenever I came close to finishing my Pokedex, it was literally the very LAST Pokemon I needed. I have neeever completed my Pokedex before because of Articuno. On Blue, someone killed it ( while playing my game ) and then forgot they did and saved. x.x The next time, Silver, SAME THING. FireRed, I just accidentally glitched it and Articuno was nowhere to be found. o.o So far, all in all, I've never caught an Articuno. ever. Curse you, Articuno! xd.png

Moltres is the most common for me to catch, really. Very easy.

The thing my friend is most hyped up about is, (I quote) "WE CAN CUSTOMIZE OUT TRAINERS NOW OH MY GODDDDDD (proceeds to spaz the heck out)!", so yeah, I want to see how we can change our clothes and stuff.

Yeah, your friend is right to be excited - it's really fun! For me, anyway. I currently have like 500`000 Pokedollars, so I just spend and spend.. xd.png

I still haven't gone past the 3rd gym - savoring the lovely scenery and Pokemon! of course, my Pokemon are very ridiculously leveled but lawl. Also leveling some new guys.

I see that screen-darkening thing as well - I thought it was my 2DS, but apparently not!

Zapdos is awesome, though! D: My younger brother said that according to my starter choice, I'll be getting.. Moltres, I think? It's not my favorite but whatever. xd.png I have a grudge against Articuno, because whenever I came close to finishing my Pokedex, it was literally the very LAST Pokemon I needed. I have neeever completed my Pokedex before because of Articuno. On Blue, someone killed it ( while playing my game ) and then forgot they did and saved. x.x The next time, Silver, SAME THING. FireRed, I just accidentally glitched it and Articuno was nowhere to be found. o.o So far, all in all, I've never caught an Articuno. ever. Curse you, Articuno! xd.png

Moltres is the most common for me to catch, really. Very easy.

Yeah, your friend is right to be excited - it's really fun! For me, anyway. I currently have like 500`000 Pokedollars, so I just spend and spend.. xd.png

I still haven't gone past the 3rd gym - savoring the lovely scenery and Pokemon! of course, my Pokemon are very ridiculously leveled but lawl. Also leveling some new guys.

At first the darkening was annoying, but I've kinda sorta got used to it.

Ahaha, Zapdos is awesome, but since I strictly keep fire-types in my party for actual battles, when I found out that your legendary bird was based off your started, I was just like D: ahaha. laugh.gif

Ohhh, evil Arcticuno! xd.pngxd.png

I have speculation that there may be some other roaming legendary also. Mainly because after chasing the bird around, finally it'll settle at the Sea Spirit's Den, which previously is completely empty. The Chamber of Emptiness is identical in its emptiness. I dunno. Or maybe it's something else?

I really don't think there is anything else outside of distribution events (which we don't know about yet)

Oh man trainer customization is fun. I'm really liking making my character more to my style. Adds a little personal touch to the game.

So I'm still only level 20 pokes,

I've got:

(Permanent Team members)

Nightshade, Braixen (F), Rash nature

Fi, Honedge (F), Lonely nature

Crunch, Tyrunt (M), Brave nature

(Temporary Team members)

Spout, Panpour (M)

Jolt, Pikachu (M)

Pidge, Pidgeotto (M)

I want to probably try and get a volt tackle pikachu later with a better nature but I'm probably sticking with a pikachu/raichu instead of the fairy mouse thing.

Pidge will eventually be replaced by a Noivern/Noibat but until then he's my flying type.

Spout will be gone as soon as I get the good rod and get a clauncher.

I really like the trainer coustomization and OMGHOWDOYOUGETINTOTHEBOTUUEATLUMIOSECITYIWANTTHATFEDORASOMUCHBUTTHELQDYAT

THEDOORWONTLETMEINBECSUSEI'MNOT"STYLISH"ENOUHBUTICOULDBEIFYOU'DJUSTLETMEBUYTH

EFEDORAIWANTSOBADLYGAAAHHHHHahaghahggguaa.......

*haa-haa*

Sorry about that. It's jus a little frusterating being told I can't even buy the fedora.

Edited by sailing101

Well, my permanent team is:

Charizard - currently Lv.77

Delphox - Lv.76

Blaziken - Lv. 77

The Elite Four was such a pain. I probably used at least 30 full restores.

Holpefully I'll trade my Zapdos for a Moltres, and then that'll be on my team. Hopefully I can soon find a Vulpix or Growlithe and level it up also. From what I understand, you can get starters from the Safari Friend thing, right? I just don't have enough friends, ahaa...Anyone wanna add me? My FC is 4785-5487-7587....

I've evolved my Goomy (and I don't plan on evolving it again), but I can't decide whether to evolve my Skrelp or not. I kind of like Skrelp better than its evolution, but the boost in stats and the Dragon typing could be nice :L

I really like the trainer coustomization and OMGHOWDOYOUGETINTOTHEBOTUUEATLUMIOSECITYIWANTTHATFEDORASOMUCHBUTTHELQDYAT

THEDOORWONTLETMEINBECSUSEI'MNOT"STYLISH"ENOUHBUTICOULDBEIFYOU'DJUSTLETMEBUYTH

EFEDORAIWANTSOBADLYGAAAHHHHHahaghahggguaa.......

*haa-haa*

Sorry about that. It's jus a little frusterating being told I can't even buy the fedora.

I'm a bit annoyed at that, too. I can't possibly explore everywhere in Lumiose in order to get in because Lumiose makes me really dizzy to navigate because of how much the perspective changes all the time (and I can't do everything in Lumiose because I don't really feel like catching a Furfrou just to use it in the stylist place once and then ditching it) :N

Edited by Pika_Oi

Pidge, Pidgeotto (M)

xd.png I think that must be the most overused Pidgey line name ever *Has already used it twice himself*

Pidgey was actually going to be called Pidge at one point before they changed it, wasn't it? xP

The Lumiose City thing does that happen when you save outside it or while you are inside it? I saved there last night as it was nearly 4 in the morning and I was tired so just saved there. Hopefully it doesn't bother mine. Dx

Actually I may have saved inside the cafe that I was supposed to meet Calem in.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I'm assuming it happens because there's just so much to that city that if you save in a certain place where there's too much for the game to handle upon startup it just kind of freezes, if you were inside a building you should be fine :V

So far, my team is:

Seui Jao - Greninja ( M ) Brave; Mischeivous

Yasha Ce - Charizard ( M ) Hardy; Quick to Flee(whyyy)

Rocker - Pidgeot ( F ) Relaxed; Good Perseverance

Momo ( and there's a long standing reason as to why I name a single Pokemon on every game after "myself," lawl.) - Raichu ( F ) Impish; Somewhat Vain

Prince ( after my cat, lmao! ) - Delcatty ( M ) Bold; Proud of its Power ( pretty much my cat. Forever. )

Tyrunt ( F ) Modest; Often lost in Thought

I'm assuming it happens because there's just so much to that city that if you save in a certain place where there's too much for the game to handle upon startup it just kind of freezes, if you were inside a building you should be fine :V

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it. The place is huge, lmao! I'm going on the safe side and just not saving there, but you know. x3

I'm a bit annoyed at that, too. I can't possibly explore everywhere in Lumiose in order to get in because Lumiose makes me really dizzy to navigate because of how much the perspective changes all the time (and I can't do everything in Lumiose because I don't really feel like catching a Furfrou just to use it in the stylist place once and then ditching it) :N

Well, Furfrou is one heck of a tank thanks to it's ability. (which also makes it as annoying as a certain real poodle that I'd just whish would shut her yap)

In other news, I just faced a horde battle consisting of four sevipers and one zangoose.

They completely ignored me in favor of ganging upon the zangoose. (I lol'd)

I think I use Pidge always for pidgey line :'D

I have always used it, since I was 8 for red :'D

So the boutique? You have to wear fancy clothes to get in. I guess the fanciness has something to do with the background on the items when you're changing.

Ooh, nicknames.

I named my Delphox Tomoe (because Kamisama Hajimemashita), and my Charizard Aiden (because I'm playing Beyond Two Souls at the moment).

Now I will never ever save in Lumiose again, ahahah. laugh.gif

I heard speculation that the shiny rate has gone up. Anyone have any comments on this? I mean, I've neeevveerrr had much luck with shinies, and still goes for X/Y. I've seen nothin'. How 'bout you guys?