7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

The difference is that they were both in the system at the same time. The 3DS games can't communicate with DS games, so there isn't a way to make it work like that.

I feel like with the Pokemon Global Link infrastructure, though, there ought to be a way to send Pokemon online and have X/Y pull them back...

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the games themselves were originally compatible. They had to create a way for the Sinnoh and thereafter games to communicate with the GBA games, and sharing the same system allowed them to do that.

Now, the DS and 3DS games aren't all that different. I don't see why it should be out of the realm of possibility that having both games on a separate 3DS and having the 3DS game incorporate a similar transfer mechanism using wireless connection is relatively simple. Heck, you can transfer data from a DSi to a 3DS. There was a heck of a lot more difference between GBA games and DS games than there is between DS and 3DS games. Both of them are capable of wireless transfer and communication, of which the 3DS still utilizes the same way.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the games themselves were originally compatible. They had to create a way for the Sinnoh and thereafter games to communicate with the GBA games, and sharing the same system allowed them to do that.

Now, the DS and 3DS games aren't all that different. I don't see why it should be out of the realm of possibility that having both games on a separate 3DS and having the 3DS game incorporate a similar transfer mechanism using wireless connection is relatively simple. Heck, you can transfer data from a DSi to a 3DS. There was a heck of a lot more difference between GBA games and DS games than there is between DS and 3DS games. Both of them are capable of wireless transfer and communication, of which the 3DS still utilizes the same way.

I still don't like the double ds transfers,even from pearl and diamond, It was very frustrating, the app sounds like a better idea, its simple

We should be able to swim. Then the swimmers won't be so annoying. "Why don't you get off your pokemon?" And Xerneas should be rideable. So should Cobalion, etc. That would be awesome. "Shauna! Mom! Look at meee! I.m riding this awesome deer!" That would be cool! So would Rapidash. I remember in a SuperSkarmory video, his Rapidash had Flamethrower, but it came out of it's eyes- Thus, laser eyes!

But we're not here to talk about SuperSkarmory's Rapidash.

Game transfers are gonna happen. we shouldn't fret over that. What we should worry bout is WILL THEY RELEASE THE POKEDEX BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT!?

Also, It seems Pokebeach was right, and the starters will be Fire/Phsychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting, as a response to Nintendo fans wanting to change starter types to fighting, phsychic and dark.

I like that starter combo, too, it really balances them out like in 4th gen. ^^

Also yes, Rapidash and Ponyta should definitely be rideable. They were the first riding pokemon!

Dodrio and Doduo need to be ridable, too.

I'm sad that Durant is canonically really small and my dreams of riding a giant one will never happen

Although I suppose being that Durant is an ant it wouldn't have to be THAT big to viably pick up someone...

Also, It seems Pokebeach was right, and the starters will be Fire/Phsychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting, as a response to Nintendo fans wanting to change starter types to fighting, phsychic and dark.

Where did you hear that from? I haven't heard confirmation of that anywhere.

Edited by Pika_Oi

Dodrio and Doduo need to be ridable, too.

I'm sad that Durant is canonically really small and my dreams of riding a giant one will never happen

Although I suppose being that Durant is an ant it wouldn't have to be THAT big to viably pick up someone...

Where did you hear that from? I haven't heard confirmation of that anywhere.

Mrr? In the anime, they were pretty big. For an ant, anyway. >>

As for the starter info, it was "leaked" from the source that has been getting their info verified by Nintendo, and from the evidence of the first trailer I'd say it's pretty solid. Hasn't been verified yet, but I'd say there's a good chance given this source's track record and the likeliness of it.

OOHH I'd love the fire starter to be part Psychic. That'd be amazing!

I am more than okay with another fire/psychic fox. c:

That said, still not trusting everything until it's verified. XP

Game transfers are gonna happen. we shouldn't fret over that. What we should worry bout is WILL THEY RELEASE THE POKEDEX BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT!?

They 99% won't. They never have before, I don't see why they would now.

Hm. I don't see why not, really. I mean, they were able to with GBA games and DS games, and they used the same system. I would imagine there might be a similar feature that would make it so the 3DS game could [of course, permanently] pull pokemon out of the PC from the older game.

Or, perhaps they'll have some sort of app download thing from the store. Once its downloaded to your system, you plug in your DS game of choice and then select the pokemon you want to transfer over to the 3DS game. They get saved as a file on this little app thing, and then you take out the DS game and put in the 3DS game and they get transferred to a box in the 3DS game via some sort of activity in X and Y.

/shrugs

I'd like to see an app or something, or a way using the Internet. I just hope they can figure out a way to do it, y'know?

Mrr? In the anime, they were pretty big. For an ant, anyway. >>

Anime canon =/= game canon, though. I mean, a Furret is technically longer than a Charizard is tall, but that doesn't seem to be the case in the anime.

Yeah, the anime tends to contradict the games. Pikachu successfully using electric attacks on ground types, pokemon using moves they can't learn, size inconsistencies, colorations that don't actually exist, pokemon behaving differently than what is described of them in the games, etc.

Some of the new moves are looking interesting. It's nice to see another move that hits every pokemon on the field, get some variety in those.

Well, even in the games for ants I suppose they ARE pretty big and could probably carry a person, but you'd look pretty silly riding on something that's only a foot tall, and also I doubt they'd implement it. :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

I'd never ride on an ant. I hate dislike Durant. Well, I dislike a lot of types, (14/18 types now) And Galvantula and Durant are NOT exceptions. Who would ride an ant? I want to ride Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem.

Edited by girlfairy76

I'd never ride on an ant. I hate dislike Durant. Well, I dislike a lot of types, (14/18 types now) And Galvantula and Durant are NOT exceptions. Who would ride an ant? I want to ride Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem.

I hate ants with a passion, nothing is sacred in their presence, but I have nothing against durant because they aren't real, but I cannot see riding an ant attractive. I personally want to ride Galvantula, that'd be cool.

Wow okay

You don't have to attack Durant just because I expressed interest in riding one, where did that come from?

I just want to ride a Durant I'm not saying literally everyone else should have to :c

(And "who would ride an ant?" Me. I would ride an ant. I thought I made that pretty clear. :V)

Edited by Pika_Oi

Wow okay

You don't have to attack Durant just because I expressed interest in riding one, where did that come from?

I just want to ride a Durant I'm not saying literally everyone else should have to :c

(And "who would ride an ant?" Me. I would ride an ant. I thought I made that pretty clear. :V)

Me too, I think they look awesome!

I'd ride a Galvantula. ._.

Or a Joltik.

I've got nothing against Durant, but I wouldn't ride one. I feel like it'd be uncomfortable compared to a fluffy Galvantula. *shot*

I actually quite like Durant's design...probably because it reminds me of the drones in Jet Force: Gemini.

I would want to ride Giratina tongue.gif

I'd like to get a piggyback ride from a Blaziken tongue.gif

user posted image

Though I doubt that would happen...

To all of you who are arguing with me:

In that one update, everything Pokebeach had said has either been proven true, or not stated on by Nintendo. Pokebeach had also said the starters final types would be fire/phsychic grass/dark water/fighting, which I normally don't believe Pokebeach, but I think they're right about this one...

I wouldn't mind that being true TOO much (although I'd rather have Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark :c), but it's not been confirmed anywhere yet and I'm waiting for word from an official source before believing anything. xP