7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I still don't trust it, just because one thing was right, doesn't mean another will be. Like on Pokebeach when they thought the Sinnoh starters was These (11th Pic)). I pray to God no fairy types, and the EV game, no way they'd put that, makes the game too easy.

As is, fifth gen already added in ways to EV train within an hour or so, without even fighting any Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised to see such a game.

I don't see anything wrong with making things easier for players, esp. casuals who want to try more competitive battling. Ex. myself, who never got the time to train a team on 3rd gen with EVs and stuff before the new gens moved in.

I've always wanted to EV train of Drifloon and just go in multiplayer with a lvl 100 team because I thought it would be fun, but it's too much work.

I think making the EV training more visible and easier, though, is a good thing because it opens the multiplayer up for more casual players to have a chance against the super hardcore players. Levels the field a bit, IMO.

Yeah, 's what I mean. There's just so much to learn what with moves and strategems and such, combining that with hardcore grinding just makes it ugh. Hence why, although still a little surprised over the TMs change, I'm happy about it now. Just wish I could port that ability into my 3rd gen games...

Agreed. It's a big enough pain to get to lvl 100, much less taking into account everything about EV and IV for the gen you're working with...

although still a little surprised over the TMs change, I'm happy about it now. Just wish I could port that ability into my 3rd gen games...

You can clone the TMs in Emerald, I don't know about the other games in Gen III though.

I don't see anything wrong with making things easier for players, esp. casuals who want to try more competitive battling.

Not to mention MUCH less boring and tedious. I did some EV training for the Battle Frontier, and even with Pokerus and a Macho Brace fighting the same Pokémon over and over again is just...ugh. Is it doable? Sure. But if they can make it doable and fun, I heartily support it.

I usually don't go with anything as set or valid until it appears on bulbapedia and serebii myself, but I am not really all that keen on the possibility of a new type. I know that it's probably true, and that it's the only way Sylveon will even fit, but

ergh.

I do not like the concept of a light type at all.

I'm too much of a wuss to try cloning, I get nervous about breaking my game :c Also, don't you need an Action Replay or whatever to do it?

I'm too much of a wuss to try cloning, I get nervous about breaking my game :c Also, don't you need an Action Replay or whatever to do it?

Actually, no, it's a glitch in the game itself. You don't need a cheaty device. ouo I can't remember how though, like you I was too scared to break my game. XD But I think it's pretty easy to do.

But yeah I'm all for making it easier. I don't even understand EVs and IVs competitive training and strategy and dstdfhyjuhk.

I've actually been having a really easy time getting to level 100 though. ouo that's the one thing I can do. x_x

I kinda get EVs, but I don't understand IVs. ._.

I also get the feeling that srsly competitive trainers won't take too kindly to "easy ways" to EV train. Like...the competitive world will be full of noobs or something now that it'll be easier to do...if that makes any sense.

I used to clone things in my Silver and Crystal versions all the time. I had tons of Master balls. I just went around the region catching anything I didn't already have to complete my Pokedex (which I never did). And I ended up with loads of Tauros...because I chose that one to clone for some reason...

IMO it's just a lot of people getting snippy that their hard work is undermined by new stuff. I can understand it kinda, but if you're majorly angry and not just mildly miffed you should probably find another hobby xd.png

/checks Serebii for the Emerald glitch

... huh, that seems easy. Except, yanno, the whole "WHAT IF I LOSE MY POKEYMANZ" hyperworry.

IMO it's just a lot of people getting snippy that their hard work is undermined by new stuff. I can understand it kinda, but if you're majorly angry and not just mildly miffed you should probably find another hobby xd.png

/checks Serebii for the Emerald glitch

... huh, that seems easy. Except, yanno, the whole "WHAT IF I LOSE MY POKEYMANZ" hyperworry.

The emerald clone glitch is very easy, trust me, it's just tedious and kinda annoying after awhile. Sometimes I'm unsure where the original pokemon are. =/

I don't know about hard work so much as, (yes all my hard work to catch them all has been foiled). Not so much that, as getting a 3DS to be able to play X or Y. My envy has been burning brighter since I heard of the customization and riding a goat pokemon in certain areas.

Honestly I don't have the time to read through every page of this discussion to know exactly what ya'll are talking about concerning EVs and IVs, not very abbreviation savvy if someone would please fill me in.

Edited by Limn

The stand for something values, what they stand for isn't very important though. All you need to know:

IVs = variance in pokemon's base strengths; ex. one has a higher speed than another, even if they've had the same training and nature and stuff. Cannot be changed, so a lot of people breed a lot of pokemon to try and get a good IV set.

EVs = points that add to a pokemon's stats as they level up. You get EVs by beating up other pokemon, and each pokemon gives out a set amount and type of EV.

So, IV would be nature and EV would be nurture.

Is the 3DS expensive?

A new 3DS is going for $169 at GameStop, $200 for the XL version. Looks like Amazon has similar prices listed.

Those are just the basic ones, though--if you want one of the ones that came in a bundle/are special colors (like the Pikachu XL one) those are pricier (man I wish I coulda gotten that Fire Emblem one. Don't care about the game, but that was an awesome system--the Zelda one, too, is pretty sweet.)

Edited by KageSora

Hm, I see. The XL seems worth it, although I really would prefer different colours. Bright blue and red? What about just plain black? Sigh.

EVs = points that add to a pokemon's stats as they level up. You get EVs by beating up other pokemon, and each pokemon gives out a set amount and type of EV.

You also get them from Vitamins (Calcium, Zinc and so on), most of the Wings (Genius Wing, Resist Wing...) and can wipe them with the Hondew, Grepa, Qualot and other decrease-stat-X-but-raise-Happiness Berries. The stat they decrease is the stat whose EVs they lower.

On cloning, I recommend practicing with a Pokémon and item that aren't irreplaceable first--I used an extra Sunkern I had sitting around, for example. Try it a few times before you send your one-of-a-kind Legendary through the process with your Master Ball. It is indeed fairly easy and you probably won't NEED the practice, but it'll help you feel more comfortable doing it. smile.gif

The addition of the wings definitely made EV training much easier (I prefer it to the old method) but it's a pain in the butt to run around and get all the wings you need. /has spent an entire month getting all the wings for just one pokemon

As per the Emerald glitch, it's really easy. I used to do it all the time and never had any issue with my game whatsoever. (I was really nervous at first, but trust me, it's very simple)

I'm pretty excited about the potential addition of a new type. I think Fairy/Magic/Light type sounds cool, personally. Opens up the possibility for brand new pokemon and moves and effects and abilities and just uuuggghhhh NEW STUFF <3

I love Pokemon, so I love seeing the franchise being able to evolve and improve as it goes along. It keeps me on my toes and in the game. c:

Also, we can move diagonally now! /screams

Oh, yeah, forgot about the vitamins. Don't know about the wings and berries though. 3rd gnner and all.

And yeah, don't think I'll try it with Legendaries. I'll probably just use it for items.

DIAGONAL?! WHAT WIZARDRY IS THIS?!?!?!?

Edited by RheaZen

Well, we have a dark type, making a light type makes sense then? As long as we stay away from any more mutated humanoid pokemon, people need to stop pushing people into radioactive vats.

I thank everyone for your answers to my questions, while I feel bewildered I get the gist of what they're supposed to mean, again, thank you.

Whoa, diagonal? Excited enough for actual customization.

Do we now ensue in jokes about how we only learn to run after we recieve running shoes?

user posted image

Edited by Limn

Oh, yeah, forgot about the vitamins. Don't know about the wings and berries though. 3rd gnner and all.

And yeah, don't think I'll try it with Legendaries. I'll probably just use it for items.

DIAGONAL?! WHAT WIZARDRY IS THIS?!?!?!?

Pretty sure the berries were in Emerald, but I could be wrong. Also you can get and lose EVs in Join Avenue as well.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

How is that panda bear not a Dark type? It looks made to be one, even its brief description sounds fitting for a Dark pokemon.

I'm going to guess that it'll be a three part evolution and that the dumb leaf in its mouth will turn into a branch, then eventually a whole tree. Yes, I find that mental image absolutely hilarious.

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y? These names get more uncreative as they go along...

What's next? Pokemon June and Pokemon March?

Personally I don't find Red and Blue that much more original. >_>

Also yes diagonal walking i'm happy and also I really like all the new announced Pokemon, especially Gogoat. Panchem has a nice design too. Still trying to remember all their names aaaa x_x Also I need to know what Yveltal's typing is please.

Edited by Switch

Personally I don't find Red and Blue that much more original. >_>

Neither do I xd.png Or any of the names for that matter. People make far too big a fuss about names rolleyes.gif

Pretty sure the berries were in Emerald, but I could be wrong.

They were indeed in Emerald; it was the protect-against-super-effective-attacks-of-type-X Berries that weren't introduced until Gen IV. The ones you want are:

Pomeg - reduces HP IVs

Hondew - reduces Special Attack IVs

Kelpsy - reduces Attack IVs

Qualot - reduces Defense IVs

Grepa - reduces Special Defense IVs

Tamato - reduces Speed IVs

At least some of the games specifically state which Berries lower which stat, but there you go anyway. tongue.gif