7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

It's one thing to not like some/most of the newer Pokemon because their designs just don't appeal to you.

It's entirely different to hate them simply because they're not the older Pokemon. THAT is the attitude that's a problem, not the disliking in and of itself. :3

True, but I didn't say I completely hate them, it just looks...like well a newer style we might say and sort of odd since I'm so used to the old designs and these new one look weird and well new. xd.png

lol what did lucario ever do to you

HORRIBLE THINGS

Okay I don't like it because it looks like a wolfaboo's cliche Fakemon ripped straight off DeviantArt to me and it took Mewtwo's place in SSBB and it's Steel-Type for no apparent reason and it has that "aura" thing that got it a whole damn movie and it's stupidly popular and

THE HEAD THINGIES

THE HEAD THINGIES

Edited by Pika_Oi

fgdsa I see and understand your reasoning, Pika_Oi. but i liked that movie also i guess it just doesn't stand out enough to me for me to hate it 6_6

I know what you mean, Shy-Rox. I used to dislike Gen 3 because it seemed like a different style. Now, though, it just seems to blend right in with the rest of the oldies, and Gen 4 and 5 seem like the ones with a new style now. v(9_6)v

fgdsa I see and understand your reasoning, Pika_Oi. but i liked that movie also i guess it just doesn't stand out enough to me for me to hate it 6_6

I know what you mean, Shy-Rox. I used to dislike Gen 3 because it seemed like a different style. Now, though, it just seems to blend right in with the rest of the oldies, and Gen 4 and 5 seem like the ones with a new style now. v(9_6)v

Exaaaactly! Same thought with Diamond and Pearl with Turtwig and some others, probably bidoof. xd.png

But anyways, I guess it's just after getting some used to, but you know. xP

Sound and Light types...dang, thats going to spruce things up a bit.

Go away Light, I want Sound Type. They'll have to retype the Zubat and Whismur lines.

I'd like to see two new types~

But I dunno about retyping the Zubat line. Poison/flying seems to fit it. Though I suppose Poison/Sound would be a cool retype~

Wings are such a huge symbol when it comes to bats, though. xd.png I doubt they'd retype something that relies so heavily on wings for its silhouette to be Sound instead of Flying.

The Whismur line would make a ton more sense as Sound, though. Normal? There is nothing normal about those things.

That last line made me laugh. xd.png

I could see them being pure sound, or a Normal/Sound hybrid.

Oooooh, I'd like to see a Light/Sound hybrid. xd.png It could be a harp-themed Pokemon. xd.png

Harp would be awesome haha. Thanks to this thread, I'm gonna make a million Fakemon. =P I'd like to see some sort of "speed of light/breaking the sound barrier" pun made with a Light/Sound Pokemon though.

Thanks to this thread, I'm working on fakemon for the first time in years~

It would be awesome to see a Pokemon that can break the speed of sound--I bet it'd start with Sonicboom. xd.png

For the record:

Zubat line is already two types (Poison/Flying)

Chimecho line is too (Water/Electric)

Did I miss any?

Some odd choices though; like Jigglypuff being moved to sound and clefairy too.

Kage, it could start with Sonicboom, continue with a move called Soundbarrier (I'm thinking off the top of my head here). You couldn't use Soundbarrier without using Sonicboom first, like Zap Cannon hits 100% if used after Lock-on.

I can picture a Sound-type move called Sonar that works like Detect and Protect.

For the record:

Zubat line is already two types (Poison/Flying)

Chimecho line is too (Water/Electric)

Did I miss any?

Some odd choices though; like Jigglypuff being moved to sound and clefairy too.

Actually. Chimecho's line is pure Psychic--I think you mean Chinchou's line for Water/Electric?

The Jigglypuff line I could totally see getting a Sound retype/second type, though.

@purpledragonclaw:

Ohhh, I like those ideas! biggrin.gif

Chimecho could benefit from getting a secondary Sound type, too.

Ooh, that sounds awesome. :>

I shouldn't have read through this thread before I went to school. All day all I could think about were Pokemon. Some things I thought of regarding new types:

- water/sound

poltergeist - ghost/sound (get it? "Noisy ghost"? Hahaaa- *shot*)

thunder - electric/sound

sonic boom (already stated) - probably pure sound

glowworm - bug/light

:3

Also, that Holy Squid was the first time I've ever made a "Fakemon". Unless, of course, one would count "fusing"/"splicing" pokemon. I don't think it counts...

- water/sound

poltergeist - ghost/sound (get it? "Noisy ghost"? Hahaaa- *shot*)

glowworm - bug/light

i don't think i can express in words how badly i'd want these omg omg especially the pistrol shrimp one if it has incorporated some sort of really old timey cartoon pistol into its design

peacock style!

Darn, that pistol shrimp video was amazing. ohmy.gif Who knew something that small could have such firepower. That would make for a very cool Pokemon.

Another one I thought of today was a Lyrebird Pokemon. Flying/sound type.

@Zovesta - That would be pretty cool. X3 If a pistol shrimp would become a real Pokemon, though, an "actual gun" probably wouldn't be allowed. :/

Yeah, I doubt an actual gun would work since didn't they actually ban an episode of the anime for having a gun in it? I doubt they'd let it fly in the games, and even if they did someone is bound to make a huge fuss of it so I doubt they'd want that trouble.

Oh wow a Lyrebird pokemon would be great. I was originally really meh on light and sound types but now I'm starting to like them a lot. XD

Edited by Switch

Yeah but then they let Team Rocket bomb the kids so idek 4Kids.

I dunno, a really stylized cartoon gun might work?? But I guess I'm so used to adult jokes in, like, every kid thing ever, that this doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Lyrebird would be great haha

One thing to keep in mind, too, is that the anime and the games are very different things.

4Kids is notorious for editing out a lot of stuff to make it "kid friendly", which results in stupid things like "invisible guns" and skipped episodes.

With the games, there may be more leeway for stuff--I mean, way back in the original red and blue you had to fight a ghost that was the restless spirit of a murdered Marowak, and in GSC Team Rocket was cutting off and selling Slowpoke tails, but leaving the mutilated Pokemon alive to regrow their tails to repeat the process.

And Genesect has a cannon on it's back, so... A gun might be okay in the games.

Ahh yeah that's true isn't it. XD; Forgive me I never actually got to play R/B.

Still a little bit skeptical of an actual proper gun but a cannon might work for it too. ouo I don't know why I am I just am for some reason? D':

Edited by Switch