7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Ive seen lots of people give Goodra a physical set with modest natures, since its special attack is not THAT much higher, like only 22 higher at level 100. Also,, I LOVE Adamant pokemon, especially on Pokemon who you wouldnt give SpAtt anyway like Khangaskhan Weavile. Adamant is only bad for mixed attackers. Still excited that Masuda method gives us a 1/683 chance

Edited by nicknick88

If anyone here has an Inkay friend safari, please let me know so that I can add you tongue.gif

Day 20 of hatching Adamant Contrary Inkays with Masuda method... nothing yet, but I'll be throwing a lot of them out to wonder trade sometime soon.

Tried out the Wonder Trade for the first time. Traded out a Level 15 Rydon and got a Level 1 Zorua. Not sure if it was a good trade but I love how cute Zorua is so I don't mind.

I need to find myself a Charmander and a Dratini, though.

Edited by MysticTiger

This Vexy is a happy Vexy!

Look what I hatched a few moments ago:

user posted image

And yes, that's a pretty shiny you see!

Except I'm going to keep breeding for another, because that one has Suction Cups.. xd.png

You could always use an Ability Capsule so you don't have to keep breeding for another xP

Hatching for a shiny Phantump still no shiny going on 510 eggs, but I heard about a guy 9248 eggs still no shiny so until I get to 1346 I should not be complaining.

I did some math and apparently using Masuda method now gives you a 1/683 chance of getting a shiny based on if it still multiplies your chance of getting a shiny by 6. The odds normally were previously 1/8192 and they were halved (1/4096) according to serebii. Multiply that chance by 6 (masuda method gen 5) and that is about 1/683. Now this is assuming Masuda method still multiplies our chances by 6. But I doubt they lowered it again or raised it considering shiny chances are already so high using Masuda method. So basically the shiny rate is ridiculously high this gen!!

This is assuming they changed the Masuda rate at all. All we know is that random ecounters rate got raised. Masuda Method could be same as ever, for all we know.

This is assuming they changed the Masuda rate at all. All we know is that random ecounters rate got raised. Masuda Method could be same as ever, for all we know.

Random encounters and breeding counts the same soooooo...... unless they decreased how much Masuda multiplies your chances by

Edited by nicknick88

For those that participate in Instacheck, would you mind posting your Trainer Shiny Values? |D I'm searching high and low for ones that match my Dratinis through Tumblr, that giant Google Doc, and Facebook.

My Trainer SV is 1086, in case anyone needs it. c:

I [believe] the SVs I'm looking for are 4011, 996, 2685, and 3240.

For those that participate in Instacheck, would you mind posting your Trainer Shiny Values? |D I'm searching high and low for ones that match my Dratinis through Tumblr, that giant Google Doc, and Facebook.

My Trainer SV is 1086, in case anyone needs it. c:

I [believe] the SVs I'm looking for are 4011, 996, 2685, and 3240.

Mine is 2129.

Well I ended up with two shinies while going through friend safari

(I feel like friend safari has a higher shiny encounter rate than the rest of the areas)

Got a shiny Marowak (it's green...) and a shiny Chansey (it's green...)

Does anyone have a Camerupt with solid rock (or Numel with simple) that they can trade me?

added, Crocodile, my FC is 0645-6208-8339.

I don't have the Camerupt or Numel on hand but I can look for one smile.gif

added, Crocodile, my FC is 0645-6208-8339.

I don't have the Camerupt or Numel on hand but I can look for one smile.gif

Awesome; start a trade if you find one. c:

mraaaahhh I need to play Y so baaad...... but I have to wait until my birthday.... or Christmas if my parents are feeling generous :/

*they're so tempting to play*

and my friend wants to barrow X xd.png he can't yet.

Ah, waiting ain't so bad. I only have to wait another month and then I can get Y. It's not like I'm going to be anticipating that every moment from now until then. And it's not like I intend to go get it on the 26th if I don't get it on Christmas or anything. Oh no. I'm going to be patient. Totally

Found a shiny Sandile in the Friend Safari today. I was looking for Pawniard (I was even magnet pulling...), but can't resist a caramel and chocolate Krookodile!

Random encounters and breeding counts the same soooooo...... unless they decreased how much Masuda multiplies your chances by

But since Masuda method already had an increased rate they might not have increased it again. We can't assume anything.

Finally got shiny PHANTUMP ill post pics later, next Im going for a normal 5-6IV Skrelp

SOme Pokedex entries are sooo creepy

Gourgeist:

It enwraps its prey with its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.

Malamar:

"It lures prey close with hypnotic motions then wraps its tentacles before finishing off with digestive fluids"

Edited by nicknick88

Starting from this post, i'll be sending out 20, yes, 20, 5 IV'd Skarmory with Adamant nature

They have flawless (aka 31) IV's in Hp, Atk, Def, Sp.def and Speed

Good luck finding one!

How do you know what the IVs actually are? I've looked at their stats, but have no idea what to actually look FOR.

How do you know what the IVs actually are?  I've looked at their stats, but have no idea what to actually look FOR.

IV's are what are called Individual Values, and are hidden "stats" for each individual Pokemon.

The only sure way to find out your Pokemon's IV's are to go to the judge in Kiloude city, and he will either say "stats like those can't be beat!" "It's pretty dismal, you know?" or "this ___ stat....it's horrible"

...Which can either range from a horrible 1 to a flawless 31

IV breeding can mean the difference between a hardcore battling Pokemon that is hard to knock out and hits hard, and a regular Pokemon that would get knocked out in 1-2 hits.

For example, I have a flawless Bisharp called Cazaar with perfect (31) IV's in Hp, Attack, Defense, Special Defense and speed.

Now, comparing Cazaar to a regular Bisharp that has no perfect IV's?

Cazaar's attack stat is a whopping 366 at lv.100, being EV trained in attack to push it a little bit further. The regular Bisharp's attack stat is 302. Still pretty high, but it's nothing compared to Cazaar's. All of his stats are at least +40 over the regular Bisharp's stats, which means he's faster, stronger, and sturdier. He wiped someone's team clean while only using Iron Head.

And breeding flawless Pokemon that have mega evolutions like Kangaskhan, Garchomp and Tyranitar? You have some real monsters there.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values

Or watch the video by shofu on how to breed flawless Pokemon in X and Y:

Edited by Tazzay

Starting from this post, i'll be sending out 20, yes, 20, 5 IV'd Skarmory with Adamant nature

They have flawless (aka 31) IV's in Hp, Atk, Def, Sp.def and Speed

Good luck finding one!

Nice! I still need to find a good ditto.

Wooo I have all of the new Kalos pokemon now. So when pokebank comes I'll have a complete dex again (well, after some breeding and evolving to second stages)

Man, GTS makes me so mad though. People ask for some really ridiculous things and ridiculous levels.

(P.S. anyone have an articuno they'd trade for moltres? I just need the dex data.... er, I guess it doesn't matter since pokebank/transfer is coming out soon. I just want to complete the kalos dex as much as I can before then)

I love Shofu. I feel like good karma pays off

Sends out 4 IV Skrelp!

Perfect Nature

Toxic Spikes

Receives 4 IV Marrill

Perfect Nature

Belly Drum

Huge Power

Wonder trade is the best!!!!! I love it.

I figured Id ask someone here if they want a 4 IV Skrelp with Toxic Spikes and a perfect nature (Calm) I have at least 3 of those things left. (NOTICE: THEIR 4 PERFECT IVS VARY!!!!)

Edited by nicknick88