7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I think I want a Yveltal. This is gonna be hard.

If you see in the GTS there's a lot of people trading starters for legendaries.

and people actually do trade for a starter in exchange for a legendary, I mean you can do that or either buy Y. .3.

(I actually got Yveltal through the GTS, because hey why not give it a try. )

Edited by Shy-Rox

Its really a opinion, because I think that Fennekin is cool. But if you want to let pokemon rot in computers then thats you.

Fennekin is cool. It's evolutions, imo, are ugly. I hate anything resembling witches.

Hmm

Apparently the Friend Safari has a higher shiny rate than usual (which explains why I found a Shiny Pupitar there really fast)

I wonder if it stacks with the possible increase in shiny rate from tipping NPCs

I wonder if tipping a bunch of people and then just looking for a shiny Garbodor in the Friend Safari instead of continuing to hatch Trubbishes would work

Although I kind of wanted to have a shiny Trubbish to play with for awhile Trubbish in Pokemon-Amie is the cutest thing ever :N

I don't know

I might go for it anyways :V

(If not Garbodor maybe I could try for Bergmite or something, hrm...)

Hmm

Apparently the Friend Safari has a higher shiny rate than usual (which explains why I found a Shiny Pupitar there really fast)

I wonder if it stacks with the possible increase in shiny rate from tipping NPCs

I wonder if tipping a bunch of people and then just looking for a shiny Garbodor in the Friend Safari instead of continuing to hatch Trubbishes would work

Although I kind of wanted to have a shiny Trubbish to play with for awhile Trubbish in Pokemon-Amie is the cutest thing ever :N

I don't know

I might go for it anyways :V

(If not Garbodor maybe I could try for Bergmite or something, hrm...)

That's what my friend told me yesterday, and I kinda doubted him since I never encountered a shiny in friend safari o.o But I searched yesterday and all I searched overall was two theories of why it's much easier to find shiny's.

The first one was that if your friend is online and your at his/her friend safari it's easier to get a shiny. the other one is that since there's 2-3 pokemons then it appears there's a big chance for a shiny pokemon to appear. If any of this isn't true then it's because you guys have pure luck. xd.png

But I guess no one will know until the game is cracked I guess. o3o

Edited by Shy-Rox

I had no idea tipping NPCs did anything. I've just been tipping them because I've never been so rich in a pokemon game before.

Does NOT tipping them do anything? The default is 'no' and I often accidentally press it.

Edited by Syaoransbear

Fennekin is cool. It's evolutions, imo, are ugly. I hate anything resembling witches.

Personally, I think Delphox resembles a shrine maiden more than a witch.

user posted imageuser posted image

This would make its stick a purification rod rather than a wand. I mean, personal taste, you can still think it's terrible. But I really like it. I was iffy when I first saw the picture of the in-game model but its official art and seeing it move and stuff made it actually pretty appealing for me.

i'm not really fond of any of the other starters but i loove braixen and delphox they're definitely in my favorites for fire starters. I love witches. :'3

although i had to stick my delphox into the pc early to make room for my garchomp and yveltal. ;--; same with my pyroar and talonflame. I miss 'em.

but hey i got yveltal with 1 quick ball and now im grinding in the chateau again because shes my lowest level pokemon and i want everyone to be the same level for the last gym.

also im pretty sure my garchomp cant get outrage and im mad about that

Edited by Switch

Wow, I just did a Wonder Trade... and got a lvl 1 Starter Pokémon (Froakie) for my lvl 15 Sandile.

Best part is that Froakie is the right gender to breed with mine - YAY!

I think Braixen and Delphox are fine. Chesnaught to me is super ugly though. I chose Froakie though, so whatever.

Got a shiny Corsola today after about 30 minutes of fish chaining.

Chesnaught is cool. And so is Braixen and Delphox. Well to me.

Does anyone else love Mega Mawile. Because I love Mega Mawile.

Steel/fairy is fantastic defensively and the Huge Power boost applies to Foul Play too, so you can basically wreck any physical attacker that doesn't resist Dark. And you get to use Intimidate once before you mega it @U@

I've always loved Mawile so much and now it's viable for competitive aaaAAAAAHHHH

I also finished breeding a Pichu with Volt Tackle + Thunder Punch along with a great nature and characteristic. MY Volt tackle/Thnder punch pichus are amazing aha xd.png

Oh very nice!

I bred mine to have volt tackle, endure, and reversal, (then it's got thunderbolt as the fourth but might make it something else) and I EV trained it up on attack and speed.

It's still not even close to being the same level as my main team.

I've totally derailed from training but trying to bred an aron with stealth rock, headsmash, a decent nature, and iron head ability.

Many arons have been sent out on wonder trade...

Wonder trade is definitely getting better. There's still a far amount of low level early game pokemon going out, but a lot of "decent" pokemon are going out as well (likely products of breeding xd.png)

My pokedex is filling up and I haven't actually done much.

Personally, I think Delphox resembles a shrine maiden more than a witch.

user posted imageuser posted image

This would make its stick a purification rod rather than a wand. I mean, personal taste, you can still think it's terrible. But I really like it. I was iffy when I first saw the picture of the in-game model but its official art and seeing it move and stuff made it actually pretty appealing for me.

I have to agree with you there. When Braixen was first announced I had a pretty good hunch by the text about it that it was based on a witch - I had no idea that was the rumor going around at the time.

However, a witch would really be a Dark-type, and now that you mention the shrine maiden, I definitely think that's the implication. Delphox does hold itself a lot more gracefully than a witch would, and the bright/white colors of its fur are just not witch-material. I don't think it's a coincidence that they chose the fire/psychic starter to have this design, either. Those two elements - especially since fire is often portrayed as the metaphor of purification - go well with the idea of a shrine maiden. :3

I agree about the way it moves and stuff! I really like that too, bahaa. Delphox holds itself very well and to me appears more like a "pure figure" than something like a witch. Witches are not always these dark and gloomy people/designs, but on Pokemon they like to base their designs on stereotypes so that people don't mistake anything.

Edited by Momo

Ah I have to say, thanks for the point out to the shrine maiden look. Now that I put two and two together I see that is really the inspiration.

The way the fur pattern is around the bottom and the arms really matches up with the shrine maiden dress. Additionally, where the bottom part of the dress is red, the fox's lower half is red.

The ear fur could be seen as a ribbon in the hair.

Anyway, at first I was opposed to delphox's design, but now that I have one I really like it. (I especially love the battle animations with the stick!)

Totally random, but have any of you noticed that the sound effect for psychic is the same sound effect from gen 1 (but with some slight changes)?

I got all nostalgic for my /super awesome/ first team.

(Something like charizard, raichu, vileplume, alakazam/gengar, golem, something water...

which like, would be destroyed these days xd.png.png)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I still don't like delphox, but I must admit the battle animation is sweet. The shiny version looks really bad though. Shiny brazian adn Fennekin looks lovely, bot shiny delphox does not :C

Took a lot of breeding but finally got my Aggron with head smash, stealth rock and superpower.

Woo very nice. I managed the first two with my poor(?) tyrantrum and a lairon :'D

But I hadn't considered super power.

Still trying for iron head ability..

Hmmm when I look at all the shiny starters they're a bit lackluster in general. Chesnaught's is ok but greninja is just meh and delphox is kind of bleh.

I just feel like they changed the hue and saturation on some of them and didn't actually plan out a reason.

Related.

I might have to try for a shiny Chespin...I kinda like shiny Chesnaught. It's probably my favourite of the three starters.

I’m just going to put this request out here to ask if anyone here has a non-english female Riolu?

I’m trying to find a lady for my precious Cazaar (male Bisharp, if anyone was wondering), and a foreign one so the babies they have are more likely to be shiny.

I have X, so if you want a version-exclusive Pokemon, i’m willing to trade. I also have english female Riolus in return.

So if someone has a foreign female Riolu, please send me a message with your friendcode!

However, a witch would really be a Dark-type.

Noooot necessarily.

The dark type is honestly mostly based on dirty fighting/unfair fighting. Look at all of its moves. The english Pokemon community tends to assume Dark type is about darkness(But ghost type has those types of moves more often than Dark does (example; shadow ball, phantom force, etc). The original name of the type is "Evil" after all, which doesn't exactly symbolize antagonists either, its a tricky subject in itself, but dark is not really linked to 'magic' and witches/mages are linked to magic.

Psychic type is treated like an ESP + magic related type, so a mage/witch related theme would fit perfectly fine with psychic.

Honestly, as a Touhou fan I don't...see the shrine maiden comparison at all? I mean the rod thing I guess I could understand that a bit but it does not look in any way like a gohei at all either, its not styled like it in the slightest.

The design pretty much screams mage, its wearing robes, its got a wand, pulls it out from its sleeve when its a Delphox, and out of its tail when its a Braixen. The design honestly resembles more of a mage or wizard than a witch(Braixen's more witchy than wizardy though).

Also the Japanese name flat out says its a mage fox

"Mafokushī is a combination of madōshi (mage), fox, and foxy. "

"Delphox may be a combination of Delphic oracle and a corruption of the word fox. "

Anyway since its October 31st (Halloween), I've decided to go out of my way to do a huge breeding spree for Pumpkaboo and Phantump, I'm going to be donating them to the Wonder Trade later tomorrow night.

it kind of sucks coming into yet another discussion to see poor Delphox get bashed on, I'm even MM'ing for a shiny one since its my favourite Pokemon. :/

Hey like I said, I like delphox.

The only thing I don't like about delphox is when I tried to google shiny delphox pictures I got some really disturbing pictures of delphox ;_;

that is, very disgusting individuals who..... draw things..... like that.....

Aw that's nice of you. Especially since those two evolve on trading, so you'll help out some pokedexes as well~

I still don't like delphox, but I must admit the battle animation is sweet. The shiny version looks really bad though. Shiny brazian adn Fennekin looks lovely, bot shiny delphox does not :C

Yea Delphox battle animation is pretty good. But yet I chose Chespin!

Hey like I said, I like delphox.

The only thing I don't like about delphox is when I tried to google shiny delphox pictures I got some really disturbing pictures of delphox ;_;

that is, very disgusting individuals who..... draw things..... like that.....

This was nothing new

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by sailing101

*Has Googled Meloetta* Yeah, nothing new at all

EDIT: Actually, only half of those are Pokemon who's designs I like. I also tend to think of Roselia as masculine (And people seem to prefer drawing inappropriately designs of females)

Delphox isn't so bad, yet. And there was a lot of epic. (As well as one pic I'll have to show when I get back to my PC)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I was so excited, after the worst work week I was going to play Pokemon ALL DAY today. I was extra excited cause my screen protector and 'comfort grip' finally arrived, but it's a liquid screen protector and i have to leave it alone for 12 hours after application. D:>

So...I'll just live vicariously through you guys here.