7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Just got through Victory Road, and here's my party I'll be battling with for the Elite 4 and Diantha:

Salamence Lv. 61

Drapion Lv. 61

Malamar Lv. 67

Clawitzer Lv. 63

Gardevoir Lv. 62

Charizard Lv. 70

I'm ok, with Malamar and Charizard, but I think the others might be a bit weak. I've beaten every trainer on the road, so there isn't much more I can do...

Not even at the elite four yet. My party.

Pikachu Lv. 54

Pigeot Lv. 56

Blaziken Lv. 61

Chesnaught Lv. 65

Charizard Lv. 59

Lucario Lv. 55

biggrin.gif I like taking it slow!

The whole IV part of it is what had me confused. I didn't know how to figure out what his was or anything so left it blank. Otherwise I didn't mess with it long.

Yeah my dad has a calculator like that but I haven't a clue where it is now. It's disappeared for all I know or he has it hidden somewhere. I was using the one on Serebii and Marriland (now that I think of it).

Nope I don't understand how to EV train at all. The only way I have learned any of that was through messing with Super Training and a friend explaining to me what I needed for Charmeleon.

I don't even know how to raise or do anything with the IVs so that's no problem on waiting. -lol-

Like I have said before this is literally my first time on doing this. If you want to PM me with some more tips or something feel free but yeah this is actually my very first time attempting this.

@sailing101

Sailing I don't get how to do this or how to tell what is what. How can you keep missing that this is literally my first time in trying this at all? Beyond the Super Training and how to use that app I have no clue what I am looking for, what natures I should use for each Pokemon or anything.

I have 0 experience at this beyond what I have done last night/this morning.

None at all.

So in other words say I give Charmeleon enough to reset any trained EVs he's had they'd never actually hit 0?

So.. you DO know how to EV train, but DON'T know how to IV train? You're confusing me now. xd.png EVs and IVs are different things. So when you say you just don't know about IVs, you're basically saying that you understand EV training, but just not IVs.

Then a calculator on a computer would work, really, just as long as you remember to add in all the points you make. If that's even too complicated, just right down 4 every time you make 4 points, or 8 every time you make 8 points. And then you'll be tasked with counting them all up, but you know.

Well, Super Training makes it easy for you. Unlike those of us who have been EV training since very early games, you only need to know 3 things.

1. Every Pokemon can take 510 EVs before they're full and cannot be EV trained any more. ( unless you reset the EV training. )

2. The most you can put in a single stat is 252 EVs, which is half of 510.

3. Simple mathematical skills. With this, you can figure out how to split up 510 EVs into multiple stats without screwing it up. And if you do, reset the EVs.

There is a lot more to it to help, buuut I think you should probably settle with this for now, since I don't want to confuse you even more. <3

Certain natures raise ( and lower ) certain stats. If you're raising an Attack and Speed Pokemon, find a nature that raises Attack, but lowers something that you won't really need/is high enough that the impact won't be too bad. Don't get a nature that raises Attack but lowers Speed, because you're working against yourself.

I'm not really going to list all of the natures on the game in this thread, though. xd.png EV training has been around for a lot longer than you were aware of it, I'm sure, so be ensured that there is a ton of information about it online. If you want to see the natures.. look up Pokemon natures! And they'll show what raises and lowers what.

But the nature bit counts more under IVs and you really shouldn't be concerned with that right now. I suggest you just grasp EVs and work with that.

Just got through Victory Road, and here's my party I'll be battling with for the Elite 4 and Diantha:

Salamence Lv. 61

Drapion Lv. 61

Malamar Lv. 67

Clawitzer Lv. 63

Gardevoir Lv. 62

Charizard Lv. 70

I'm ok, with Malamar and Charizard, but I think the others might be a bit weak. I've beaten every trainer on the road, so there isn't much more I can do...

Wow, really? o.o My Pokemon are all averaged around 70+ and I haven't even gotten to Victory Road yet ( I can't risk finding a shiny Pokemon in a trainer's party, omg. I've been working for too long for a shiny Noibat. ) so you probably missed a lot of trainer opportunities back in the game. I think you'll be fine, though. ^-^ Good luck!

And LAWL, DragonKami, why is your Pikachu still a Pikachu. x3 I guess there are benefits movepool wise ( and who doesn't love that realistic "Pika-chu!" cry ) but you know.

Beat the Elite 4 and Diantha, along with AZ. Going through the credits right now. Really, I don't know what I'm going to do now. Maybe complete the Pokedex, or have fun with consecutive fishing.

So.. you DO know how to EV train, but DON'T know how to IV train? You're confusing me now. xd.png EVs and IVs are different things. So when you say you just don't know about IVs, you're basically saying that you understand EV training, but just not IVs.

Then a calculator on a computer would work, really, just as long as you remember to add in all the points you make. If that's even too complicated, just right down 4 every time you make 4 points, or 8 every time you make 8 points. And then you'll be tasked with counting them all up, but you know.

Well, Super Training makes it easy for you. Unlike those of us who have been EV training since very early games, you only need to know 3 things.

1. Every Pokemon can take 510 EVs before they're full and cannot be EV trained any more. ( unless you reset the EV training. )

2. The most you can put in a single stat is 252 EVs, which is half of 510.

3. Simple mathematical skills. With this, you can figure out how to split up 510 EVs into multiple stats without screwing it up. And if you do, reset the EVs.

There is a lot more to it to help, buuut I think you should probably settle with this for now, since I don't want to confuse you even more. <3

Certain natures raise ( and lower ) certain stats. If you're raising an Attack and Speed Pokemon, find a nature that raises Attack, but lowers something that you won't really need/is high enough that the impact won't be too bad. Don't get a nature that raises Attack but lowers Speed, because you're working against yourself.

I'm not really going to list all of the natures on the game in this thread, though. xd.png EV training has been around for a lot longer than you were aware of it, I'm sure, so be ensured that there is a ton of information about it online. If you want to see the natures.. look up Pokemon natures! And they'll show what raises and lowers what.

But the nature bit counts more under IVs and you really shouldn't be concerned with that right now. I suggest you just grasp EVs and work with that.

I'll make this easier to understand.

I do not understand how to EV/IV train.

I do not know what natures to look for when I am trying to find the right ones to EV/IV train.

This is my first time ever trying to EV train.

I only knew about the EVs going to pokemon evenly due to reading a article only within the last week or so.

It's not complicated in a sense I can't add or anything it's just I don't know how to tell from where they are already at to see if they are really maxed out or needing changed.

I also don't need the whole half or adding parts. I'm not that stupid. I just don't know what to look for while EV training.

Until last night I never even knew you could reset EVs. That was all news to me when a friend of mine told me.

I've used Bulbapedia for the natures just was only looking at Impish so I could see what all was going on with it.

Pikachu with light ball is actually incredibly powerful provided it has the speed to hit first.

Light ball gives attack and special attack 2x, but light ball only works for pikachu - not raichu (or pichu though why anyone would be using a pichu other than for level 5 battles.... do they even still do that or is that a Stadium thing going on in my mind).

So if you EV train pikachu up in attack and speed (which is what I'm doing) you can hit harder than raichu can. The disadvantage is if you don't hit first or don't KO the opponent fast enough it'll get hit hard in return.

My team as of now:

Delphox(?) idk how to spell well Armando 65

Charizard/Ice - 65

Aurorus/Auren - 61

Gogoat/Stagren - 68

Aegislash - 63

Meowstic/Calamity - 64

A team with a ton of weaknesses but some how is pretty awesome

T^T I can't let any of my babies go. Also I am looking for a good name for my Aegislash, its a girl and i almost named her Midna, but I am unsure, should I go for it?

Pikachu with light ball is actually incredibly powerful provided it has the speed to hit first.

Light ball gives attack and special attack 2x, but light ball only works for pikachu - not raichu (or pichu though why anyone would be using a pichu other than for level 5 battles.... do they even still do that or is that a Stadium thing going on in my mind).

So if you EV train pikachu up in attack and speed (which is what I'm doing) you can hit harder than raichu can. The disadvantage is if you don't hit first or don't KO the opponent fast enough it'll get hit hard in return.

So breed for volt tackle, train for Attack and Speed and give it a light ball?

Well, the other bred moves you want in addition to VT and light ball. Basically the all attack speed is for kind of an all or nothing. If you want a well rounded, not so easily-KO'd hitter I'd say evolve to raichu.

So on the other hand I'm working on another team that'll have a mega or two (I found out from battling online that like, everyone has a mega D: )

I found out Gengar can have a sweet move pool via TMs to cover for the poison weakness (can learn fairy, grass, ghost, electric, etc). So I'm thinking about having him on Team Two.

Not sure who else though. Might stick the charizard on there for nostalgia's sakes.

I do not understand how to EV/IV train.

I do not know what natures to look for when I am trying to find the right ones to EV/IV train.

I think this is where the misunderstanding is at, though I may be misunderstanding.

It's not EV/IV train. You can't train for IVs, to get good IVs you have to breed, get lucky, or RNG. It's all about EVs right now.

I would suggest that, for the moment, you get the idea of IVs utterly out of your head. (I apologize if I sound brash, just trying to be clear)

And, since you want to use Super Training, I would also suggest you avoid reading any articles about older EV training, it'll just confuse you more.

Sailing and Momo have answered your questions, albeit misunderstanding slightly and possibly coming off slightly impolitely, but it feels like you are becoming defensive and arguing with them. They weren't making assumptions that you already knew things, they were simply misunderstanding. (And it's just a game after all)

Now since it appears you may have skipped through important portions of the Super Training intro, I would advise you to look up some YouTube videos that go through it and pause so you can read them. (Or listen to the YouTuber read them if they don't just skip through) And then, if that doesn't help any, search for guides that help explain it. It's new for everyone, and it's barely anything like EV training for the old farts that used to do that way back when. (Lol, just teasing) So you're not alone in your confusion. smile.gif

Addendum: Super Trainign Guide on IGN IDK how useful it is, but you can always check it out if you need

Hope this helps,

Master

P.S. I haven't played the game myself, so I know less than you tongue.gif

EDIT:

So on the other hand I'm working on another team that'll have a mega or two (I found out from battling online that like, everyone has a mega D: )

See? They are not unavoidable. I said this would happen! I said it! *Secretly can't wait to get mega Venusaur*

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I think this is where the misunderstanding is at, though I may be misunderstanding.

It's not EV/IV train. You can't train for IVs, to get good IVs you have to breed, get lucky, or RNG. It's all about EVs right now.

I would suggest that, for the moment, you get the idea of IVs utterly out of your head. (I apologize if I sound brash, just trying to be clear)

And, since you want to use Super Training, I would also suggest you avoid reading any articles about older EV training, it'll just confuse you more.

Sailing and Momo have answered your questions, albeit misunderstanding slightly and possibly coming off slightly impolitely, but it feels like you are becoming defensive and arguing with them. They weren't making assumptions that you already knew things, they were simply misunderstanding. (And it's just a game after all)

Now since it appears you may have skipped through important portions of the Super Training intro, I would advise you to look up some YouTube videos that go through it and pause so you can read them. (Or listen to the YouTuber read them if they don't just skip through) And then, if that doesn't help any, search for guides that help explain it. It's new for everyone, and it's barely anything like EV training for the old farts that used to do that way back when. (Lol, just teasing) So you're not alone in your confusion. smile.gif

Addendum: Super Trainign Guide on IGN IDK how useful it is, but you can always check it out if you need

Hope this helps,

Master

P.S. I haven't played the game myself, so I know less than you tongue.gif

Well the sites I use and trust are still updating as far as I know. I just asked a friend for help and read what I could find.

I know it's just a game. I'm not taking any of this to seriously. It's just I really don't have a clue on what to do at all and the posting things like the calculator bit or acting like I can't add was a bit harsh so yeah it did set me off a bit.

It was mostly cuz I was trying to get it to flip and double tapped the freaking screen. I do that more often then not.

But yeah I think I may just stop trying to understand EV training. :/

well i tried using the pokeradar before, i heard the shiny patch but didn't see where it was, so I missed out on a shiny :c

If you aren't going to play competitively it isn't really worth it.

I have no clue if I am going to attempt it fully or not. I kinda want to but kinda don't.

I found EV training to be quite fun these last few days. It's good for passing the time (a lot of time). But IDK, Super Training is very different. (Honestly, it sounds less fun to me)

I think you should go for it, imo it's well worth it. It seems really complex, but it's not that hard once you get going. And I'm pretty sure that's what Super Training is here for, to make it easier. (Though apparently you still have to track exact EVs yourself?)

EV training is pretty cool, but does anyone know where the guy who give badges is? I dont remember.

EV training is pretty cool, but does anyone know where the guy who give badges is? I dont remember.

Pretty sure it's just a Global Link thing now, not actually in-game. If you game sync to your global link account (if you have one) the medals will show up on there smile.gif

Pretty sure it's just a Global Link thing now, not actually in-game. If you game sync to your global link account (if you have one) the medals will show up on there smile.gif

Ok thanks!

Does anybody know if abilities that affect encounters etc work if the Pokemon is fainted

I'd enjoy being able to stop using this Octillery in-battle that would make this go a lot faster c':

(I could just switch during every single encounter but meh

I don't know if you have to actually battle to keep the chain going or if you can just run but either way I'm also training a Pupitar so)

Yes abilities still work if the pokemon is fainted and at the front of the team

/Learned this from the internet when luvdisc heartscale farming

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

How long has everyone played so far? I will check for how long I played when I can.

Okay cool

Let's see if I can net myself a shiny seahorse mon :L

Aaand... 104:42 is how long I've played apparently :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

75:02

Not the most I've put into a game though. When I set out to complete my dex for Pearl version I ended up with ~174 hours.

Black version I did ~165 hours.

Anything I don't do the pokedex for is around 70-80. But I do plan on doing dex stuff for this game so it'll rack up the hours.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox