7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

They should be like game-locked. Or at least you can only get them out of your game for a pokemon of equal value (rarity). So like if I have X and get the 'X legendary' and you have Y and get the 'Y legendary', we could trade them for the dex entries. But I can't then turn around and ask for another 'X legendary' for a shiny charmander or something.

Any Shiny is worth more than any legendary because anyone can catch a legendary. The really problem is limiting impossible requests, like the level 9 and under legendaries.

user posted image

Not the best photo but yeah, same shiny colors~ :3

user posted image

Taken from shofu's battle stream, as he got a shiny charizard holding its x stone.

364 Skiddo eggs hatched, and 101 Pumpkaboo encounters. No shinies yet.

user posted image

Found this in the GTS, for a Yvetal. Since I wasn't gonna use mine, and since I intend too restart my Y when I'm done[gonna send my shinies over to a trusted friend, then have them sent back too my restarted y], I traded it away. Totally worth it.

Edited by Godzilla 2000

How can you tell if you have maxed out your pokemons EVs in a stat? I am training my Charmeleon in Speed and Attack and have no clue how long that will take.

Does anyone here have a feebas? I need one... Or, is feebas not obtainable yet?

Either they've never found it yet or Serebii is not updated on it just yet but according to that site it is no where to be found.

I see... I need an Articuno or a Zapdos, aha. I doubt I'll be able too get one, though.

Anyone have a male Clawitzer?

Edited by Godzilla 2000

How can you tell if you have maxed out your pokemons EVs in a stat? I am training my Charmeleon in Speed and Attack and have no clue how long that will take.

On the super training screen, to the right of the hexagon that displays the Pokémon's stats, there is a bar that displays total EVs, that the game has already told you about.

On the super training screen, to the right of the hexagon that displays the Pokémon's stats, there is a bar that displays total EVs, that the game has already told you about.

But the bar represents total EVs, not EVs in only one stat.

Have you always EV trained?

If you have, you should probably be familiar with one or more of the "keeping track," "counting," or "inputting each addition into a calculator" methods. :3

If not, I suggest you do these. XD EV training has been made easier with Super Training, yes, but it's still a good amount of work!

Do you even know how many EVs a Pokemon can take, or how many only one stat can take?

Since you're doing only two stats, the game WILL tell you if you're maxed out in one.

If you aren't familiar with EV training, I can give you some short explanations about it so that you do~

Yeah, but it will tell you if you're maxed out. There are only 510 EVs a Pokemon can take, so if you split that in half and raise them both by 252, the game will stop you at 252 in one stat and tell you it's enough. Raising half and half is the easiest way because there's no way you can botch it up! ( I mean, unless you train the wrong stat. ) If you're raising 40 in one and 70 in another and 60 in another - GOOD LUCK. Use a calculator or some kind of logging method. :3

Also, Sailing is right. XD Not only would the bar be up to half way if you're.. half way done, but that's a good way to tell if you're almost finished raising a stat you're putting 252 in. Which I'm assuming Demonicvampiregirl is doing because she's raising only two stats.

Demonicvampiregirl also said she "didn't know how long that would take," so yes, the bar really would help put it in perspective even if it has no numbers on it to accurately tell. ^-^ I've used it a lot myself - it feels like I use Super Training many hundreds of times before my Pokemon are properly maxed!

It's important to note that the cap is actually 255, not 252, if that last point is important to you.

Exactly I have no clue what is in each stat. I just know that Speed and Attack have been maxed out to the best I can get them.

Have you always EV trained?

If you have, you should probably be familiar with one or more of the "keeping track," "counting," or "inputting each addition into a calculator" methods. :3

If not, I suggest you do these. xd.png EV training has been made easier with Super Training, yes, but it's still a good amount of work!

Do you even know how many EVs a Pokemon can take, or how many only one stat can take?

Since you're doing only two stats, the game WILL tell you if you're maxed out in one.

If you aren't familiar with EV training, I can give you some short explanations about it so that you do~

Nope first time ever EV training. I wanted my Charmander to be a competitive battler at some point but as I have no clue I asked a friend and shes only on Tumblr so I have no clue when she is on or not.

How do you know if you are maxed out? I didn't start EV training him until tonight and I can't anymore. I have no clue if his Attack/Speed is fully maxed out or not I figure not really.

Don't assume everyone knows how to EV train or knows where to look for this. I may have been playing since Gen 1 but never bothered to EV train until now. I have no clue how to do this or if even what I was told was accurate. I just trusted a friend when she said max out Attack and Speed and then I came here to ask to figure out how to tell when it is actually maxed out or not.

Frankly, this was all in the tutorial that played when you first started the super training app.

The hexagon displays the distribution of stats, which you can compare with the Pokémon's stats on the summary screen. The green inner zone of the hexagon is the Pokémon's base stats, while the yellow zone is the EVs.

Trading hatched starters such as:

Charmander

Squirtle

Chespin

Froakie

Fennekin

any of those for a balbasaur ;-;

PM if interested <:

Exactly I have no clue what is in each stat. I just know that Speed and Attack have been maxed out to the best I can get them.

Nope first time ever EV training. I wanted my Charmander to be a competitive battler at some point but as I have no clue I asked a friend and shes only on Tumblr so I have no clue when she is on or not.

How do you know if you are maxed out? I didn't start EV training him until tonight and I can't anymore. I have no clue if his Attack/Speed is fully maxed out or not I figure not really.

Don't assume everyone knows how to EV train or knows where to look for this. I may have been playing since Gen 1 but never bothered to EV train until now. I have no clue how to do this or if even what I was told was accurate. I just trusted a friend when she said max out Attack and Speed and then I came here to ask to figure out how to tell when it is actually maxed out or not.

Well, that explains it. x3

Have you tried looking stuff up about it? Because for those of us who have been EV Training since waaay before Super Training, there was NO way to tell. Nothing. We relied solely on counting it ourselves and having to track down Pokemon that give certain EVs when you fight them. You pretty much have to count it yourself.

If you CAN'T EV train any more, like I said in my previous post, it will tell you when you cannot raise a certain stat anymore. It tells you when you're getting your course results - assuming you don't just keep clicking A on that part, it will tell you something like "you've already maxed out in this course" or something, I don't remember. :3 All I can really tell you is that 1. It will say if you've filled up a stat, and 2. one stat can only take 252 EVs before it's full. The only way to know if you have 252 is count it yourself. If you get 4 EV points each Super Training course, do the math! Or let a calculator do it for you but lawl.

You keep saying you can't anymore, so I assuuume that the game has already told you that you're full in those stats. In addition, the bar on the screen ( the one that's actually helpful for this, contrary to belief ) will show if your Pokemon is completely FULL of EVs and can't take any more no matter what.

That means you're done EV training with that Pokemon. Forever. When the bar is full.

As Sailing mentioned, the wheel also shows what stats are where and what's happening.

Well, no offense, but you're kind of skipping over some crucial stuff in Sailing's really short. owo post. o: The GAME, Pokemon X and Y, give you a tutorial on how to use it. All the OTHER games, the ones you think Sailing is referring to, tell you absolutely nothing about EV training. So, Sailing is trying to tell you that if you read the Super Training tutorial, it would have explained it to you.

Super Training is new to everyone! :3 So.. the tutorial told us all where everything was. xd.png Unless you just pressed A repeatedly through it, which would probably explain it.

Aaaaalso, I'm not putting your friend down, buut Special Attack would be a better choice to have on a EV trained Charizard. Just saying. owo Most of its attacks are Special Attack moves ( Fire Blast, Inferno, Flamethrower, etc. ) aaand its base stat of Special Attack is higher than Attack. Like. By a lot.

But I mean, you know. xd.png Some people have different views on which stat is better~

I have no English class this week, so I did some doodling. Enjoy an unfinished Fennekin, everyone!

Edited by Momo

That means you're done EV training with that Pokemon. Forever. When the bar is full.

Not quite, there's still the stat Lowering berries that remove EVs. With the berry farm, you can grow them en masse and free up EVs from stats that don't matter, like removing all attack EVs from a special attacker.

Aaaaalso, I'm not putting your friend down, buut Special Attack would be a better choice to have on a EV trained Charizard. Just saying. owo Most of its attacks are Special Attack moves ( Fire Blast, Inferno, Flamethrower, etc. ) aaand its base stat of Special Attack is higher than Attack. Like. By a lot.

But I mean, you know. xd.png Some people have different views on which stat is better~

Technically, you can train your Charizard for one or the other, because of the Mega forms. Mega Char X gains a massive physical boost, both in base stats, and it's ability which boosts physical moves, while Mega Char Y gains a boost to Special Attack.

If you want to use Mega X, train in Attack. If you want Mega Y, train in Special attack.

(just a note, you'll probably have to TM tailor your char's moveset if you go for X)

Well, no offense, but you're kind of skipping over some crucial stuff in Sailing's really short. owo post. o:

My posts are not short. T_T

They're punctual!

Edited by sailing101

IDK if it works in X/Y, but I was using Serebii's IV calculator to track my Meloetta's EVs while I was training it. You just have to get it with 0 EVs in all stats so you can calculate the IVs, and then you can determine the EVs from the IVs + stats. (Though it sounds like it's a little late for what you're up to. And like I said, IDK if it still works with X/Y) And of course, Super Training is meant to make all this easier, but I don't have Y yet, so IDK how that works

Not quite, there's still the stat Lowering berries that remove EVs. With the berry farm, you can grow them en masse and free up EVs from stats that don't matter, like removing all attack EVs from a special attacker.

Technically, you can train your Charizard for one or the other, because of the Mega forms. Mega Char X gains a massive physical boost, both in base stats, and it's ability which boosts physical moves, while Mega Char Y gains a boost to Special Attack.

If you want to use Mega X, train in Attack. If you want Mega Y, train in Special attack.

(just a note, you'll probably have to TM tailor your char's moveset if you go for X)

My posts are not short. T_T 

They're punctual!

Oh lmao! I totally forgot about those, thanks! In Super Training, I remember that you can also find the Reset Bags for the punching bag feature. I forgot about the berries though, fff. x3

Yes, you totally can train one or the other. They're both the main stats of Charizard so I suppose it would depend on how you're going to battle with it. I knew about Charizard Y's boost, but not much about X's! :3 I didn't read up a ton on the game/the coverage day stuff on Serebii. I kind of just went with the game itself, so there are some new things I'm totally oblivious about. |D

But yush, I think you most likely will need some TMs and whatnot, because Charizard's movepool is generally designed for Special Attack. :3

Lmao! I just meant your first response was short and therefore difficult to get lost/to misunderstand it but, you know. XD

My friend code's 1521-3425-3439. Please add me, and I'll add you back if you give me your FC--I have an empty safari DX

Added you! laugh.gif ...And it looks like you already added me.

And all this stuff about Super Training and EVs and IVs is really intriguing.

Kind of confusing, but it certainly sounds a bit more streamlined then what the previous Gens had.

Frankly, this was all in the tutorial that played when you first started the super training app.

The hexagon displays the distribution of stats, which you can compare with the Pokémon's stats on the summary screen. The green inner zone of the hexagon is the Pokémon's base stats, while the yellow zone is the EVs.

Doesn't matter. I skipped a few and it still confused me.

I didn't even know the one was base stats. You are completely assuming I understood it in the first place.

Well, that explains it. x3

Have you tried looking stuff up about it? Because for those of us who have been EV Training since waaay before Super Training, there was NO way to tell. Nothing. We relied solely on counting it ourselves and having to track down Pokemon that give certain EVs when you fight them. You pretty much have to count it yourself.

If you CAN'T EV train any more, like I said in my previous post, it will tell you when you cannot raise a certain stat anymore. It tells you when you're getting your course results - assuming you don't just keep clicking A on that part, it will tell you something like "you've already maxed out in this course" or something, I don't remember. :3 All I can really tell you is that 1. It will say if you've filled up a stat, and 2. one stat can only take 252 EVs before it's full. The only way to know if you have 252 is count it yourself. If you get 4 EV points each Super Training course, do the math! Or let a calculator do it for you but lawl.

You keep saying you can't anymore, so I assuuume that the game has already told you that you're full in those stats. In addition, the bar on the screen ( the one that's actually helpful for this, contrary to belief ) will show if your Pokemon is completely FULL of EVs and can't take any more no matter what.

As Sailing mentioned, the wheel also shows what stats are where and what's happening.

No I even tried to use a calculator on a website and it just confused me even more. I have no clue about any of it. I don't know what pokemon gives which or how many.

It told me last night that I had a fully trained pokemon and wont let me train him anymore. I can try a different stat just to check it out in a bit but so far it seems maxed out.

Yes but it also does not tell me what is IN each stat. I don't even know how to remove EVs to be able to replace them. I was told you can get some back that will reset all EVs learned from the Super Training but I have no clue if that even removes it from what you got when you was just leveling him.

Well, no offense, but you're kind of skipping over some crucial stuff in Sailing's really short. owo post. o: The GAME, Pokemon X and Y, give you a tutorial on how to use it. All the OTHER games, the ones you think Sailing is referring to, tell you absolutely nothing about EV training. So, Sailing is trying to tell you that if you read the Super Training tutorial, it would have explained it to you.

Super Training is new to everyone! :3 So.. the tutorial told us all where everything was. xd.png.png Unless you just pressed A repeatedly through it, which would probably explain it.

But I mean, you know. xd.png.png Some people have different views on which stat is better~

And even though it did I still managed to skip a couple panels by mistake and still don't understand it fully. I never have that's why I never bothered with it.

Again I tried to but a few pages got skipped by mistake.

She told me that attack would be best due to his impish nature and the fact that Charizard X is more for Attack rather than Special Attack.

What berry would this be?

That is actually what she told me and that is why I trained him in attack and speed only. The other stats it had was all due to the EXP Share (if I understood right that it also gives out EVs still) and it battling on it's own.

IDK if it works in X/Y, but I was using Serebii's IV calculator to track my Meloetta's EVs while I was training it. You just have to get it with 0 EVs in all stats so you can calculate the IVs, and then you can determine the EVs from the IVs + stats. (Though it sounds like it's a little late for what you're up to. And like I said, IDK if it still works with X/Y) And of course, Super Training is meant to make all this easier, but I don't have Y yet, so IDK how that works

I have no clue if it does either. That is actually the one I attempted to use. I don't even know how to tell what the IVs are if that gives you any clue as to how much I've ever paid attention to that part of the game.

By the way just as a sidenote, if you ever make a mistake in your EV training or want a redo, sometimes when you hit the normal punching bag in super training you'll get a white punching bag that can reset your base stats.

Saves all the berry eating.

/used it for my new pikachu

So I'm raising another pikachu with a better moveset. The moveset is a secret (I learned it from the internet, but actually getting the moveset took a bunch of different breedings to get it onto a pikachu with volt tackle and the moves I wanted).

So I have to raise this thing with speed and attack to make the moveset work. And the reset bag came in handy~

Annnnnd right now it's only level 30 and I have to get it up to my level 77 team :'D

/Living at victory road

Doesn't matter. I skipped a few and it still confused me.

I didn't even know the one was base stats. You are completely assuming I understood it in the first place.

No I even tried to use a calculator on a website and it just confused me even more. I have no clue about any of it. I don't know what pokemon gives which or how many.

It told me last night that I had a fully trained pokemon and wont let me train him anymore. I can try a different stat just to check it out in a bit but so far it seems maxed out.

Yes but it also does not tell me what is IN each stat. I don't even know how to remove EVs to be able to replace them. I was told you can get some back that will reset all EVs learned from the Super Training but I have no clue if that even removes it from what you got when you was just leveling him.

And even though it did I still managed to skip a couple panels by mistake and still don't understand it fully. I never have that's why I never bothered with it.

She told me that attack would be best due to his impish nature and the fact that Charizard X is more for Attack rather than Special Attack.

That is actually what she told me and that is why I trained him in attack and speed only. The other stats it had was all due to the EXP Share (if I understood right that it also gives out EVs still) and it battling on it's own.

I have no clue if it does either. That is actually the one I attempted to use. I don't even know how to tell what the IVs are if that gives you any clue as to how much I've ever paid attention to that part of the game.

Well, I'm pretty sure you can read up on it on Serebii or some site like that.

How doesit confuse you with a calculator? :3 You should be able to just add on your number every time you make the points. Like you make 4, and then you put +4, and +4 and +4 every time you actually make four. Of if that just confuses you, just write DOWN every 4 you make, and then every now and then add them all to see how close it is to 252 for one stat.

Like a said before, you.. pretty much have to count yourself. If you can't, there's really no other way to know exactly what you have! D: I know some people who find it too complicated, so they just decided to skip EV training forever.

And when I say "calculator," I mean a "alright class, get out your calculators!" type of calculator. A school calculator. I use a TI-84 Plus Silver ( NOT because of Pokemon, omg! Can you imagine. xd.pngD Thing costs a fortune. ) so I DO know that some allow you to add on to an answer very easily. Like it shows your final answer, and then the history of what you keep putting in just so you're sure.

You don't need to EV train off of Pokemon anymore. It's all Super Training. You're in the right place. I thought you understood how to EV train, but just not about Super Training? owo

As for skipping, yes. That would make you not understand it. It really didn't have a lot to say and put a lot of good information in single panels, so. :3 If you skipped one or two you probably missed a lot.

As for IVs, I prooobably wouldn't mess would those until you completely get EVs on their own. Unless your friend is totally walking you through every aspect of IVs so that you don't get mixed up. I didn't mess with IVs until I was a smith with EVs, and I recommend that to everyone who is learning. ^-^

Also, I don't know if anyone likes spending precious time coloring, but if you want this Fennekin lineart to play with, you'll have to message me or whatever~

It DOES come in that gradient color but I can mix it up if you ask nicely. :3

Just got through Victory Road, and here's my party I'll be battling with for the Elite 4 and Diantha:

Salamence Lv. 61

Drapion Lv. 61

Malamar Lv. 67

Clawitzer Lv. 63

Gardevoir Lv. 62

Charizard Lv. 70

I'm ok, with Malamar and Charizard, but I think the others might be a bit weak. I've beaten every trainer on the road, so there isn't much more I can do...

Yes but it also does not tell me what is IN each stat.

As I said, that can be checked on the Pokémon's status screen.

Not reading the tutorials is exactly the reason we're talking about this right now.

I've tried to help, but you keep on asking the same questions, even after multiple people have provided the exact same set of answers. I don't know what else can be said.

Super training makes it so that you DON'T have to use a complicated mathematical formula, everything is right there in Yellow and green, on the hexagon. Each stat is clearly labeled, and all EV caps are defined within the app.

Super training does all the work for you. If you still have questions, then I am going to stuff my head into the freezer and cry because I got nothing else.

Berries, plural. Six in all, one for each stat.

They are:

Pomeg: lowers HP

kelpsy: lowers Attack

Qualot: lowers Deffense

Hondew: Lowers special Attack

Grepa: lowers Special defense

Tamato: Loweres speed

IVs can't bee seen without hacking the game, they are a string of code that determines a Pokémon's species, gender, and nature, as well as it's hidden power type, and other various things not important to stats. It's the Pokémon's "DNA" so to speak.

The only effect IVs have on a Pokémon's stats is the Base Stats, which are calculated by taking a level 1 Pokémon with zero EVs and a hindering nature.

this is the lowest that Pokémon's stats can ever possibly be. The bare minimum

from there, stats are raised by levels and EVs.

A pokemon's IVs are, at the same time, the least important, and most important things to consider when EV training.

They are the least important because they are set in stone, and unavailable to the player. there is no way to see them, nor even any need.

They are the most important because the IVs ARE that Pokémon. It's the stats themselves that you want to look at. Find the stat that is higher than the others, and focus on it.

Pokémon that were not specifically EV trained still gain EVs, but they will be evenly distributed, so the underlining base is still clearly visible with no more math than < > or =

Edited by sailing101

Well, I'm pretty sure you can read up on it on Serebii or some site like that.

How doesit confuse you with a calculator? :3 You should be able to just add on your number every time you make the points. Like you make 4, and then you put +4, and +4 and +4 every time you actually make four. Of if that just confuses you, just write DOWN every 4 you make, and then every now and then add them all to see how close it is to 252 for one stat.

Like a said before, you.. pretty much have to count yourself. If you can't, there's really no other way to know exactly what you have! D: I know some people who find it too complicated, so they just decided to skip EV training forever.

And when I say "calculator," I mean a "alright class, get out your calculators!" type of calculator. A school calculator. I use a TI-84 Plus Silver ( NOT because of Pokemon, omg! Can you imagine. xd.pngD Thing costs a fortune. ) so I DO know that some allow you to add on to an answer very easily. Like it shows your final answer, and then the history of what you keep putting in just so you're sure.

You don't need to EV train off of Pokemon anymore. It's all Super Training. You're in the right place. I thought you understood how to EV train, but just not about Super Training? owo

As for skipping, yes. That would make you not understand it. It really didn't have a lot to say and put a lot of good information in single panels, so. :3 If you skipped one or two you probably missed a lot.

As for IVs, I prooobably wouldn't mess would those until you completely get EVs on their own. Unless your friend is totally walking you through every aspect of IVs so that you don't get mixed up. I didn't mess with IVs until I was a smith with EVs, and I recommend that to everyone who is learning. ^-^

Also, I don't know if anyone likes spending precious time coloring, but if you want this Fennekin lineart to play with, you'll have to message me or whatever~

It DOES come in that gradient color but I can mix it up if you ask nicely. :3

The whole IV part of it is what had me confused. I didn't know how to figure out what his was or anything so left it blank. Otherwise I didn't mess with it long.

Yeah my dad has a calculator like that but I haven't a clue where it is now. It's disappeared for all I know or he has it hidden somewhere. I was using the one on Serebii and Marriland (now that I think of it).

Nope I don't understand how to EV train at all. The only way I have learned any of that was through messing with Super Training and a friend explaining to me what I needed for Charmeleon.

I don't even know how to raise or do anything with the IVs so that's no problem on waiting. -lol-

Like I have said before this is literally my first time on doing this. If you want to PM me with some more tips or something feel free but yeah this is actually my very first time attempting this.

@sailing101

Sailing I don't get how to do this or how to tell what is what. How can you keep missing that this is literally my first time in trying this at all? Beyond the Super Training and how to use that app I have no clue what I am looking for, what natures I should use for each Pokemon or anything.

I have 0 experience at this beyond what I have done last night/this morning.

None at all.

So in other words say I give Charmeleon enough to reset any trained EVs he's had they'd never actually hit 0?

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Traded a shiny Poliwhirl that I got in literally 3 minutes via consecutive fishing for a Zapdos. So now I have my complete legendary bird trio!~ <3