7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Yeah, ruby and sapphire were released in 2003.

By contrast red/blue were released in n/a in 1998, with remakes in 2004.

Which was only 6 years of difference.

Johto had a 9 year difference with gold/silver being released in 2000, and hg/ss in 2009.

So really Hoenn is quite overdue for a remake, especially considering the evolution of the graphics and the fact that Hoenn is to date the only region not rendered in 3d in any way.

Still I'm really excited for x and y. I can't wait to see if CoroCoro is going to have any new info this month.

Yeah, I wanna see more new Pokemon. cool.gif And some more new game features would be nice too.

The 3DS can do Augmented Reality, so I've got my fingers crossed for something good.

I found this pic years ago, but still, it's something to think about.

user posted image

I remember seing that pic, what I'm really excited about, note this is inprobable , and de to the trailor makes almost no sense, is that someone told me that some info has been leaked that there will be an option for you to not play the game in turn-based battles, and that you will have the option to play with a fighting style similar to smash bros. I doubt it though.

I highly doubt something like that would happen in the main Pokemon series.

One of the defining features of the main Pokemon games is the turn-based element of it, IMO.

Now, while a real-time battle system could be awesome (it could also royally suck), I think something like would end up in a spin-off game.

But, if that were the case, it would likely be the only option--I can't really see them doing something where you can either play in turn-based or real-time.

...Though, they could do what Ni no Kuni has done and include elements of both real-time and turn-based. Now THAT is a fun battle system! A bit hard to get used to, but fun.

That realtime+turnbased fighting system is pretty hard to get right. Final Fantasy does it a lot and it's a hit and miss thing for them. (lolff12tho).

I would probably lose a lot of my enjoyment for the pokemon games if they did that myself.

The turn based fighting is kind of a staple of the whole series and adds a really unique sort of strategy to the battling.

It feels really different than a normal turn based battle imo.

I hope we get more information soon. It's been almost a month, and the only new things we've been given so far are the legends' names and starters' types. I want starterlutions soon XP

Admittedly, I can't be excited for this game until I have it, play it, and decide on it.

I've been on board with Pokemon since it came to America, and I've leaped at the chances of just about all the spinoffs. I do have all the third editions, however. ( I.E Yellow for Blue+Red, Crystal for Gold+Silver, etc.)

The main thing I loved about the games? The adorable, neat, leeeetle pixel people and sprite-made worlds. They made a great leap with this one, though the new battle style I can look forward to, mainly because they slowly weaned us into that with double/triple battles, rotation, moving sprites, and then this 3D type thing. I do like that it will be more descriptive as to what our Pokemon are actually doing when they use a move. Not just for certain ones, lmao. xd.png I remember when I was blown away when they first started showing in detail what all the moves did *fail*, but now since they've added so many non-physical ones, those should be clear as well.

As for the starts? Hrm, I'll have to see some evolutions before I decide adamantly on one. x3 Out of my two older brothers and I, I've always been the grass type, but the fire-type for this game is trying to lure me in. DD:

Guess I wasn't clear enough, though it did spark some much needed conversation in here. laugh.gif Anyway, the game would still be turn based, but using those AR marker cards (Get 2 or 3 free with every game purchase?) would allow you to battle on the kitchen table with your buddies. cool.gif You'd still be looking through a screen though.

(I'm sure those 600+ 3D models that were created for the Pokedex 3D weren't cheap either, so it wouldn't surprise me if they showed up in a main game somehow.)

I had a feeling they were making a 3D game when Pokédex 3D was released, and then Black 2 and White 2 took longer than usual to release; my guess is they were already working on X and Y when they made B2/W2.

Edited by PieMaster

I had a feeling they were making a 3D game when Pokédex 3D was released, and then Black 2 and White 2 took longer than usual to release; my uess is they were already working on X and Y when they made B2/W2.

Of course they were... games take years to develop.

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that Gamefreak was one of the first companies to get a 3DS Dev kit, so they've had plenty of time to tinker with the hardware. happy.gif

I'm dying. I need these now. I can't even.

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was reminded of Princess Mononoke.

I checked Serebii, saw the screenshot, and my first thought was "Holy censorkip.gif the Deer God is a Pokemon"

Which is cool. I mean, the Shinx evolution make me think of Kimba, so it's kinda cool this makes me think of Princess Mononoke.

I just watched it. I'm way behind on the news, and this post all the way.

I'm super excited and I don't even have white2 and black2 yet. I'm going to need to buy two 3DS, but that can be managed.... Because omgomgomg that clip got me so eager for pokemon again.

Anticipating the arrival, pretty stressed I have to buy a 3DS since the game is exclusively for 3DS but still excited biggrin.gif

Anticipating the arrival, pretty stressed I have to buy a 3DS since the game is exclusively for 3DS but still excited biggrin.gif

If you have a GameStop near you, you could always trade in your old DS for a 3DS if you don't think you'll need/want it anymore (provided it's in full working condition with no dead pixels, no touch-screen alignment issues, has the stylus and the charger). Or try selling it online, that can be good, too.

And there's plenty of other awesome 3DS-exclusive games. And the future Pokemon games'll be on the 3DS, so it's a good investment, I think, if you like Nintendo handhelds.

You might want to try and find a bundle, too. A little pricier up front, but you can get a system and a game for cheaper than if you got them both sometimes.

Personally, I'm just dying for more information on X and Y. I NEED TO KNOW MORE, DARN IT! xd.png

I want to see the evolutions of the starters, and I want to see more Pokemon released, and I want to know more about the gyms and the towns and adsfja;skdf I just really wish we had more information!

I hope there's new Eeveelutions this generation, that would be awesome! I'd love to see a dragon or ghost one!

If you have a GameStop near you, you could always trade in your old DS for a 3DS if you don't think you'll need/want it anymore (provided it's in full working condition with no dead pixels, no touch-screen alignment issues, has the stylus and the charger).  Or try selling it online, that can be good, too.

And there's plenty of other awesome 3DS-exclusive games.  And the future Pokemon games'll be on the 3DS, so it's a good investment, I think, if you like Nintendo handhelds.

You might want to try and find a bundle, too.  A little pricier up front, but you can get a system and a game for cheaper than if you got them both sometimes.

Personally, I'm just dying for more information on X and Y.  I NEED TO KNOW MORE, DARN IT!  xd.png

I want to see the evolutions of the starters, and I want to see more Pokemon released, and I want to know more about the gyms and the towns and adsfja;skdf  I just really wish we had more information! 

I hope there's new Eeveelutions this generation, that would be awesome!  I'd love to see a dragon or ghost one!

I thought about trading in one of my old DSs but I'd hate to part with it, I might just invest some money in a used one from GameStop. I've seen a trailer for the game and it just made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside.

New Eeveelutions would be awesome too, haha image a little Eeveelution with litle dragon wings.

I just can't wait, I've been a Poke Fanatic since I was a kid have almost every game that's been released so it's a MUST to get this one haha.

Yeah, I know how that feels--I've a few systems I can't really part with myself. The used ones are good, though. You might need to clean 'em up from dust and such a bit, but they all work great--we test 'em right in the store before we take 'em in.

But oh man, a little dragon-winged Eeveelution would just be precious! Haha, that's just adorable just to think about!

I want more trailers released, though. The world we saw so far shows a lot of promise, and I really want to see more of how you'll explore it and what it'll look like!

And more of the PCs and important NPCs.

I saw a theory online where X and Y are based off Celtic or Norse mythology. X is the deer that protects four worlds around the Yggdrasil, the Tree that connects nine worlds, and Y is the eagle that lives in the branches and is all-seeing. There's also a snake who lives underground and protects three more worlds. I can't really remember cuz I watched the video a long time ago, but it's an interesting theory, no?

If there's new Eeveelutions, I hope there's a bug one, and it doesn't just gloss over the insectoid thing by just having pretty-pretty butterfly wings and antennae or something, and looking practically nothing like a bug whatsoever. :V

http://raipeee.deviantart.com/art/My-fake-...cteon-336389855

So basically... not something like that. :N

http://boltbeam.tumblr.com/post/4171004651...on-this-one-was

But maybe more like this.

http://shinyscyther.deviantart.com/art/Flickeon-124920011

Or at very least something like this? :c

Because that first one there or anything similar to it would be my worst nightmare... A Bug-Type I couldn't love. :c

Edited by Pika_Oi

If there's new Eeveelutions, I hope there's a bug one, and it doesn't just gloss over the insectoid thing by just having pretty-pretty butterfly wings and antennae or something, and looking practically nothing like a bug whatsoever. :V

http://raipeee.deviantart.com/art/My-fake-...cteon-336389855

So basically... not something like that. :N

http://boltbeam.tumblr.com/post/4171004651...on-this-one-was

But maybe more like this.

http://shinyscyther.deviantart.com/art/Flickeon-124920011

Or at very least something like this? :c

Because that first one there or anything similar to it would be my worst nightmare... A Bug-Type I couldn't love. :c

The second one kind of looks like it's mixed with Flygon lol

All I want is a Dragon-type Eeveelution. No idea what it might look like, that's just the only new eeveelution that I seriously want.

I've been wanting a dragon-type Eeveelution for a long time. I think a ghost- or steel-type would be interesting, too, but dragon is definitely at the top of the list.

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

There still 9 types left for eevee.

I want to see a normal type evolution just to troll everyone.

Possible Eeveelution in the new games?!

Unconfirmed, but Serebii's saying they LOOK pretty trustworthy for leaks. May not be real, but I HOPE IT IS.