7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Haha, ninetailed kitsune far predate Naruto and Ninetales... they're more or less my favorite mythological Japanese creature, kitsune are -everywhere- in folklore and mythology.

Pre-ordered Pokemon X myself! Semi-tempted to pre-order both (and cancel one later) in case I change my mind about which legendary I like better, but I'm also terrified I'll forget about them until October and then forget to cancel one lol.

Hrrmm...I really don't know which starter to choose this time...I do like them all.

I am already grass-heavy, though.

R/B: Charmander

G/S/C: Totodile

R/S/E: Mudkip, then Treeko (Nuzlocke)

D/P/Pt: Turtwig

HG/SS: Cyndaquil

B/W: Snivy

Just because I like to be balanced, I may not choose Chespin after all. But...I like Chespin...dammit, brain, why won't you let me do what I want to do? D:

Haha, ninetailed kitsune far predate Naruto and Ninetales... they're more or less my favorite mythological Japanese creature, kitsune are -everywhere- in folklore and mythology.

Well yes, that was kind of my point. Similar characters derived from the same myth, that's what I was getting at. c:

Not sure if anyone else before me has stated yet but doesnt Xerneas look suspiciously similar to the deer god in mononoke princess?

"THE DEER GOD IS A POKEMON" is literally the first thing I thought upon seeing it, so you're in good company!

Which is cool, because Shinx's line reminds me of Kimba the White Lion (and a few other Pokemon remind me of Tezuka's style, too--specifically something about Swanna just calls it to my mind), so it's fun to have one that makes me think of a Miyazaki film.

I personally still think it reminds me of the Deer God even in the official artwork. Probably just because of that first impression and all.

Pre-ordered Pokemon X myself! Semi-tempted to pre-order both (and cancel one later) in case I change my mind about which legendary I like better, but I'm also terrified I'll forget about them until October and then forget to cancel one lol.

Depending on where you pre-order, you might be able to cancel whenever.

If you did it with a GameStop, you could literally cancel it on the same day you pick up the one you want. We've had people pick up one game and cancel the reserve for another game that came out the same day before.

Honestly I don't think the deer god and Xerneas look anything alike other than being deer-ish and having crazy antlers (and of course, the deer god from mononoke has a monkey face so... xernas doesn't have that).

The scene of light is awfully similar I admit, but the final artwork doesn't resemble it at all

Though, you guys have no idea how happy I am to see everyone actually knows Princess Mononoke :'D I remember seeing it around when it came out ('98 was the Japanese release) and loved it and no one cared because they were like "why would you watch some crazy non-english movie"

I think it's kind of funny they had to confirm the starters were all pure types. Bulbasaur was the only exception to the rule and that was just because it was first gen and they never thought it through better (honestly they could have changed bulbasaur to a pure grass type and no one would have ever noticed. Only thing poison type did for 'saur was to make it horrendous to fight sabrina)

Speaking of, seems from the previews that there is a fire type gym this time around. I wonder what other types will be featured in the gyms in this game.

^ There also seems to be a Psychic gym as well, I recall seeing mentioned in a caption somewhere of the female protagonist inside of the Psychic gym. (The room where the floor falls away)

I know it doesn't look much like the Deer God (aside from the lots of antlers thing), but I don't think I'll ever be able to shake the first impression I had of it. xd.png

Personally, I love all the theories people are coming up with, and I can't wait to find out which, if any, is the right one--or if more than one happens to be true in some sense, even if it's just a secondary theme.

Not much point in deciding now since we don't know what they evolve into.

True, true...but I can't help thinking about it. >.>;

Kinda tempted to get both games this time. I like both the legendaries. Or I might just get one for now and wait for the "Z" version.

Agahtelkanfhtglrka I'm thinking about this way too much.

True, true...but I can't help thinking about it. >.>;

Kinda tempted to get both games this time. I like both the legendaries. Or I might just get one for now and wait for the "Z" version.

Agahtelkanfhtglrka I'm thinking about this way too much.

I tried to do that in fifth gen, then they made two versions anyway.

Bleh. If Fennekin is a fighting and fire type later, THAT DOESN'T MATTER! Fennekin is the new Vulpix :0 and I LOVe it! LOVELOVELOVE. And Chimchar later one was fire/fighting :/ when I was little I didn't understand why psychic did so much damage.... xd.png

Edited by girlfairy76

I found theories that seem very likely, based on Norse mythology:

Thanks for the info! Very logical and could quite possibly be it!

After all, the RSE legendaries are very likely the biblical beasts so all legendary creatures are up for grabs!

Personally I think it's cool when the designers decide to delve into lore and legend for creature inspiration.

And when everyone thought they ran out of ideas? I also wonder what the critique on Pokemon X and Y will be. Like on Black and White, people were saying how horrible it was. I found it awesome. Black and White 2, like same region, same pokemon, new places. Still kinda cool. Now this. By the way, is this a different region? Does anyone know?

It's almost certainly a new region. As for running out of ideas, that's always been a stupid critique that people have been saying every single time a new gen has been announced. I don't remember it during second gen, but it was probably present then too. If some of the first gen pokemon were released today, people would hate them just as much as they hate some ofthe fifth gen guys.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Eh, I'm not really a big fan of Pokemon anymore. Mostly because first of all, the name sounds like it refers to... yeah, 'nuff said. Second of all, because I don't want to buy a new game system. And third of all, because the stories aren't (in my opinion) as interesting, and a lot of the creatures look too humanoid. Like Sawk? What kind of creature would you come upon in the wild that wears a Dobak (that looks like a bathrobe) and looks like a blue-tinted human? And by catching a clothes-wearing humanoid creature, that seems like, I dunno, keeping slaves? Like, catching a mouse Pokemon like Pikachu is fine with me, but...(and I don't hate all of the 5th gens, mostly just the humanoid ones or the ones that mimic past Pokemon).

Yes, this is honestly how I feel xd.png and the reason I didn't buy Black/White 2 and won't be buying X and Y.

I personally don't understand it when people complain that they must be running out of ideas when they see Pokemon like Garbodor (which is a perfectly creative monster and was a NEW idea in the series since there wasn't a garbage monster yet?), and yet they cheer when they see Pokemon like Fennekin that look like they're made of recycled parts of past Pokemon. Not that I think they're running out of ideas since each generation has brought plenty of new and interesting Pokemon along with the odd few completely blah ones (and the odd animu canine since Gen 4 now which is a trend I really hope ends in the gen after this coming one (and I hope to god Fennekin's line doesn't become another bipedal woof because that'll be the nail on the coffin for any possibility of me giving that one a chance)), I just find it pretty ironic...

Though, you guys have no idea how happy I am to see everyone actually knows Princess Mononoke :'D I remember seeing it around when it came out ('98 was the Japanese release) and loved it and no one cared because they were like "why would you watch some crazy non-english movie"

Yay! I immediately thought of the Forest Spirit the moment I saw those huge antlers, too! ;D

So far my starter choice is Fennekin, and my game/legendary choice is Y and Yveltal. I am a huge sucker for deer, but just slightly a greater sucker for bird-things. :3 My mind's still very open, though, especially with all the excitement over type combinations for the evolved starters. :3

@Dragonshadows: Yeah, I do agree the stories aren't the best, but I still enjoy them. If you're taking issue with the 5th gen's humanoid pokemon, I can see your point there, too keep in mind that there were always some huhmanoid pokemon, like Medicham, or (even from the first generation) Mr. Mime and Machop. wink.gif

I'm pretty sure it is. I mean, just looking at what they've shown, it seems like it has to be an absolutely new region.

Besides, new gen, new region is how it's always been, right? (Aside from the GBA remakes of Gen 1)

To tell you the truth, I've been paying so little attention to Pokemon I don't even know what Fennekin is... It's so sad.

I don't think they're running out of ideas at all. I like all Pokemon, honestly, and I like all the generations.

Like 7Deadly$ins said, if the Gen 1 Pokemon were released today people would probably hate them. XD

Re: Complaining about 'mons

Ugh, I hate that. People forget that there are a variety of 'mons in each gen. There are awesome ones, okay ones, cute ones, fierce ones, WTF ones, DEAR GOD KEEP IT AWAY FROM ME ones, etc. in EVERY SINGLE GENERATION.

But I ESPECIALLY hate the genwunners--especially as many of them are "NOTHING EXISTS BEYOND 150", completely ignoring the fact that gen one had 151 Pokemon. Stop forgetting Mew! D:

Eh, I'm not really a big fan of Pokemon anymore. Mostly because first of all, the name sounds like it refers to... yeah, 'nuff said. Second of all, because I don't want to buy a new game system. And third of all, because the stories aren't (in my opinion) as interesting, and a lot of the creatures look too humanoid. Like Sawk? What kind of creature would you come upon in the wild that wears a Dobak (that looks like a bathrobe) and looks like a blue-tinted human? And by catching a clothes-wearing humanoid creature, that seems like, I dunno, keeping slaves? Like, catching a mouse Pokemon like Pikachu is fine with me, but...(and I don't hate all of the 5th gens, mostly just the humanoid ones or the ones that mimic past Pokemon).

Yes, this is honestly how I feel xd.png and the reason I didn't buy Black/White 2 and won't be buying X and Y.

I have no idea what you are trying to express that Pokemon sounds like.

There are plenty of first gen humanoid pokemon, as well.

There are plenty of first gen humanoid pokemon, as well.

Emphasizing a point

user posted image

user posted image

OHMYGOD MY EYES ARE BURNING!

I always detested those two, since day one (or at least, whenever red/blue came out in USA and I actually saw them)

People always want to bash the new generations for the couple weird ones and praise the first generation but there were some bad ones first gen (as pictured) and there will always be a couple of strange/ugly/weird pokemon in each generation, but there are plenty of cool ones too!

And, also, I agree, I will be full of rage if fennikin becomes bipedal, we've had enough of those (particularly fire starters). (Besides isn't there a digimon fox that is bipedal?)

Also, also I think that sawk and throh are awful pokemon and shouldn't exist. But I like enough of the Gen V pokemon to pretend they don't exist. Just like I like enough Gen I pokemon to pretend mr mime and jynx don't exist xd.png

Edited by Lady_Nightfox