7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

No, the only DS systems that have GBA slots are the originals and the Lites. Nothing else does, sadly.

No, the only DS systems that have GBA slots are the originals and the Lites. Nothing else does, sadly.

I'd honestly just tell them to pre order it now if they're hell bent on getting it anyway. Some sort of bonus will happen, whatever it is, and it may even stack. I'm sure you saw how CoD:BlOps2 was. I doubt they'll go that crazy, but there's never any harm in getting pre-orders in as early as possible.

Yeah, I'm hoping there's something special for the Pokemon pre-orders. COD: BO2 was INSANE. I worked that midnight release D8 I hope we'll get super cool stuff |D

Oh, definitely preorder, I agree. Even if there isn't a bonus, they're guaranteed the game and all.

But if they're looking for a bonus, Serebii is a good resource to keep up with if a bonus happens, and how to get said bonus.

But no, there ISN'T a guarantee that a bonus will happen. If there is a bonus, there's no guarantee it'll be a bonus available outside of Japan, or that it'll be available through a specific retailer. There could be multiple bonuses, depending on where you order, too--that happens sometimes. (Which is a pain in the butt, lol).

But regardless of if there is or is not a bonus, there's definitely no harm at all in preordering, it can only benefit people.

Yah it seems pokemon hasn't really had huge preorder bonuses. I have a giratina statue from platinum and I think HGSS had statues but that's all I can ever recall for preorders for any pokemon game (maybe some sticker or a stylus or something, but nothing amazing).

But, the games do tend to sell out like crazy at release so no harm in reserving now so you don't have to wait!

(Course I won't preorder until closer to October because it won't charge me until it ships *too lazy for real stores* and keeping track of that is a nightmare.... Funnily enough I preordered two hyrule hystoria books because of that situation - fixed now - but could have been bad for money if I hadn't checked over my orders)

Diamond/Pearl had statues for Japan, in America you got a stylus with the legendary from the respective game atop it (I've since lost mine, lol). There was also a stylus stand featuring the starters, IIRC that was for ordering both.

Platinum had the Giritina statue, HG/SS had the statues of their respective legendaries. I think there was a bonus for ordering from one retailer for B/W, can't recall.

That's all I remember.

But I liked the statues. I wouldn't mind seeing those brought back, that'd be nice.

I wouldn't count on it, but they could. It would be cool to have mini statues again or something, those were nice.

That's what I was hoping for X) I pre-ordered HG/SS solely for the figurine and I guess I didn't pre-order right or something, because I didn't get anything.

I guess I can still hope something will be announced later.

user posted image

Grass type: SO CUTE! I always start with grass types for my first game of any generation and I think I will love battling with him. <3

Fire type: Love it! I can see it evolving to be really beautiful like a Ninetails.

Water type: Kill me now...........

I plan on buying both (for the first time in my pokemon gaming life lol) once I get a 3DS. I wish it could be available for the DSi.... sad.gif

I'm going to preorder Pokemon Y...Yveltal is just pure awesome biggrin.gif

I absolutely adore Froakie! I just love frogs like no other series of species.

In other news, it seems that the general consensus for the starter's typing is

fire/psychic

grass/dark

water/fighting.

I'm going to have to disagree, because someone pointed out to me that Froakie looks like it may be based off of a Japanese Folklore Theif.

( http://www.nintendonerds.com/categories/3d...er-pokemon-r807 )

I'm really hoping for this typing combination instead:

Fire/psychic

Grass/fighting

Water/dark

Chespin definitely looks like it could handle some boxing mitts. smile.gif

I just really don't want water/fighting. Please.

Edited by Shijou-san

I'm hoping for Water/Dark, too, especially because I think it'd be awesome if its final evolution was based on a Surinam toad (which I think would be a pretty interesting combination with the folklore thief thing.)

Either way though I would definitely prefer Water/Dark to Water/Fighting, and Chespin doesn't look very "Dark" to me...

Edited by Pika_Oi

That's what I was hoping for X) I pre-ordered HG/SS solely for the figurine and I guess I didn't pre-order right or something, because I didn't get anything.

Depends on where you ordered from, IIRC--not everywhere got the bonus.

And, sadly, sometimes mistakes do happen and the retailer isn't sent enough of the bonuses to cover the number of pre-orders, so if you pick it up a bit later you could end up missing out. Which really sucks. Especially if it's really popular and they go really fast.

Or, with physical bonuses, if you pre-order too close to the release date you may not get one because the product and bonuses have already been shipped/received.

But man, that really sucks. D: Sorry that happened to you.

I actually also hope Froakie won't end up as a water/fighting.

We already have a set of frogs that are water/fighting. No need for a repeat.

Water/dark would be interesting since the other choices are sharpedo and crawdaunt and I'm not a huge fan of either of those.

(I also don't get the froakie hate, I think it's kind of cute and reminds me of the frogger design)

I don't hate Froakie. D:

I still don't know for sure which starter I'm going to pick. It could very well be Froakie. I do think it's kinda cute.

Also, I don't think Chespin looks like the dark-type either...

ALSO, slightly unrelated, but I resurrected my N64 and was playing Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 yesterday. They neeeed to make another one for the 5th/6th generation 'mons.

Victini came with pre-order, I believe.

DpPt also had styluses.

Alpha: On your pre-orders you have to make sure to attend the store for 48 hours within release or they might run out of pre-order stock. That's all they're required to hold it for. Especially if you attend popular, "convenient" gamestop locations. Ones that generally get forgotten or in really small towns generally treat you better and hold onto things for long periods of time for you. But if you go to like, mall, or highway locations or something else with a lot of traffic, pick it up ASAP.

I've never run into Gamestop offering pre-orders only regionally/locationally, and I worked in a bum-pluck Gamestop which floated in a nowhere town and missed a lot of midnights. In counter, we were the only GS for 50 miles in any direction (it was placed there because some people were driving 100~ miles to try to get to a GS; almost our entire city turned out for CoDMW3 on midnight, just about everyone under 55; huge campouts filling the walmart parking lot; I missed seeing BlOps2, because I had to quit for maternity before it released), so we got some regular travelers. But regardless, I find if corporate announces a pre-order availability, it's as far as the stores reach. What does change regionally is how HARD certain games get pressed and marketed.

There's also another possibility, that there's a -limited set-. Usually pre orders have a "while supplies last" style standard. If you pre-order too late, you can loose out on the rights to particular boons. Also certain pre-orders give directions on the receipt to go to a specific site to activate the pre-order, but I've never had a Pokemon one do that to me.

My guess is:

> You ordered too late

or

> You picked up your pre-order more than 48 hours after release.

Edited by MinervaClay

Nope, victini was delivered via liberty pass which was available for download from gamestop (or similar stores for the non US-folk) during the first month or so of release of the game.

Which reminds me of the inevitable, wonder what event pokemon we will get this generation, and if the rest of the world will actually get all of them.

I'm also curious as to how we will obtain pokemon from previous generations - probably like we did for DPPt to BW but hopefully without that awful minigame.

And, if we can trade the shiny charm from BW2 to the new games... because if so... then I better get going on finishing my Black2-dex (or at least trade faster from Black to 2)

As far as missing preorder things, that's why I stick to buying preorders online! I've never had a problem that way. (Of course, I've only ever pre-ordered a couple things that had bonuses so... can't be too snooty here)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Fennekin, Chespin, and Xerneas FTW!!!

I'm definitely going to get X and I would get Y, but I don't like playing the story again when the only difference is they switch which one you get/fight (and you can catch 4 or 5 pokemon you couldn't on the other one). Though I do have to say that this is the first gen. where there is about a 80% of me getting both.

Awesome Coincidence: My birthday is in October! Lol!

I don't think there's been any in-game content for pre-orders for any of the Pokemon games aside from unique passwords to unlock a Pokemon on the Global Link offered from time to time if you buy from certain retailers (I know Toys'R'Us has had one, I think Walmart, too? Maybe Target?). I think there might have been for Pokemon Conquest, but that was password-controlled in-game and once they were out anybody could put in the passwords to unlock the content....

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but Froakie as Water/Dark wouldn't make much sense.

That would mean Fennekin would be Fire/Fighting, because they would have to balance out the types like they did in fourth gen.

And I highly, HIGHLY doubt Game Freak would be so stupid as to make another Fire/Fighting starter, with all the hate that Emboar got about it. That'd be like suicide for the game itself.

Since Fennekin used a psychic move in the trailer, Chespin used a dark move (Night Slash) and Froakie used what appeared to be Close Combat, I think the general consensus is accurate. Btw, doesn't matter if Chespin "looks like a dark type" or not. The starters are rarely dual typed in their first stage; Bulbasaur was the only one. Tepig and Torchic didn't necessarily look Fire/Fighting, so don't go based on the beginning stage.

Not sure if anyone else before me has stated yet but doesnt Xerneas look suspiciously similar to the deer god in mononoke princess?

/: just a headcanon for later but perhaps the new Gen 6 legendaries might have respectively a life/death theme, since all coupled legendaries are oposites.. or.. somewhat connected..

Not to judge a book by its over but by the looks of the designs it might have something to do with life/death as well.. Just a silly little headcanon of mines.. :b

Anyways i'm super excited about the gen 6, though the graphics on pokemon . com were sort of ... disappointing to me.. I'd much rather stick to the old simple style we've had since gen 1 /:. I dont mean to offend just stating what i have on my mind.

It sure looked it in the preview, but the official artwork doesn't really look like the deer god at all.

Actually it kind of looks like a dialga/stantler/arceus mix

http://serebii.net/corocoro1132.jpg

As far as preorders go, I think Colosseum had that celebii disc (where you could transfer celebii to your ruby/sapphire games). That's the only circumstance of a preorder bonus awarding an in game pokemon (and I think people were mad enough about it for it to never happen again)

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but Froakie as Water/Dark wouldn't make much sense.

That would mean Fennekin would be Fire/Fighting, because they would have to balance out the types like they did in fourth gen.

And I highly, HIGHLY doubt Game Freak would be so stupid as to make another Fire/Fighting starter, with all the hate that Emboar got about it. That'd be like suicide for the game itself.

Since Fennekin used a psychic move in the trailer, Chespin used a dark move (Night Slash) and Froakie used what appeared to be Close Combat, I think the general consensus is accurate. Btw, doesn't matter if Chespin "looks like a dark type" or not. The starters are rarely dual typed in their first stage; Bulbasaur was the only one. Tepig and Torchic didn't necessarily look Fire/Fighting, so don't go based on the beginning stage.

At least let me dream for awhile, nothing I ever hope for in series I like ever happens (we're probably not gonna get a cockroach Pokemon in this gen either, you just watch.) And to be quite honest I'd kind of like Fennekin's line to be weak to both Froakie's line's types instead of having more fodder for "OMG ANIMU FOX IS WAY BETTER THAN FROG" :C

Also, all the starters have been confirmed to be single-typed, at least in their first stage. :B

Not sure if anyone else before me has stated yet but doesnt Xerneas look suspiciously similar to the deer god in mononoke princess?

/: just a headcanon for later but perhaps the new Gen 6 legendaries might have respectively a life/death theme, since all coupled legendaries are oposites.. or.. somewhat connected..

Not to judge a book by its over but by the looks of the designs it might have something to do with life/death as well.. Just a silly little headcanon of mines.. :b

Anyways i'm super excited about the gen 6, though the graphics on pokemon . com were sort of ... disappointing to me.. I'd much rather stick to the old simple style we've had since gen 1 /:. I dont mean to offend just stating what i have on my mind.

A lot of people have said that about the Mononoke dear god x) I don't think it's based on that character, but I think the two (deer god and Xerneas) could be based on the same folklore. Which isn't a bad thing. c: (Ninetails and Naruto, anyone?)

I've also thought that the Life and Death theme might be prominent, but I'm hesitant because it seems a little...morbid for the intended age range of the franchise. Any "afterlife" theme might get too close to Giratina's realm, though I know he's a Shadow world instead of actual afterlife, with the "life" theme getting too close to Arceus's. (He is the God after all, and created all life...)

Perhaps its the natural balance of Peace and Chaos?

And yeah I figured the starters would all be single-typed. c: