7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I'm just hoping this means the Fire/Fighting line of starters will be broken. That was getting tiring. =/ I'd even be happy with all the starters just staying a single type, lol.

Fennekin is my dawg. I shall name it Mozilla, and I will love it and hug it forever.

I will say there seem to be secondary elements and a possible secondary type pyramid in these starters

Grass/Dark

Fire/Psychic

Water/Fighting

From what I've seen.

I really like the X legendary. Made me think of Princess Mononoke.

Yeah, I was interested when I noticed where Pikachu was broadcasting from and that Eiffel tower like building in actual gameplay. Nice change of pace. Although I've been saying that about a ton of things regarding X and Y. XD I like new things! ;w;

My sister wants to get a 3DS now so she can play X or Y. Whichever one has the deer. I'll be wanting the bird one.

A Z legendary sounds cool. owo

I want to see how they can pull a "Z" pokemon off

(Since the Deer forms an "X" with it's legs and antlers, the bird forms a "Y" with wings and tail)

Only thing I can think of is a giant snake with a spinal dysfunction D:

Have to think of mythology as to what the deer and bird represent to guess at a third.

(RSE were land/sea/air (or biblical beasts), DPP time/space/antimatter, BW yin/yang/wuji)

Maybe it will be a sea serpent (since deer = earth, bird = air, sea serpet = water (and can form a Z)

Only thing I can say now is I hope at least that meloetta will be released for the rest of the world before then

Deer... bird... tree? But why would that be a Z? I think very nature aligned between bird and deer though.

A fennec fox... right.

Well, the Pokemon corporation sure knows its player base. Only 98% of the internet fawns over wolves and foxes and would similarly fawn over a starter pokemon of the same type. Can't blame them, it's a smart business move.

We'll see how this generation goes. "3D" is all shiny and pretty looking, but it's really just a bunch of dangling keys to grab attention; it's the heart and soul of a game that matter, imo.

Warning: The moment, I saw the new pokemon in the announcement, my childhood rushed back into me. If I sound like an annoying, obsessive fangirl, I apologize in advance. ^^;

I heard about the games in the middle of the school day from a friend- and I was thinking "No way! Really?" I was super excited, and when I got home, I immediately looked up the announcement, watched it, was amazed, and replayed the video at least two more times! This is probably the best surprise I could get- it made me super happy, and was completely unexpected! ;D

And the games are for the 3DS- the graphics are a beautiful leap forward from what I've seen! The battles look awesome with those graphics, and yet still retain just enough of the old style! And this time, instead of teasing us with just the first one or two showing up in a movie, they actually announced the legendaries, starters, game names, and even the release month of the games: this October!

And it gets better- they're doing a worldwide release this time- I don't have to wait all those months knowing that people are already defeating the elite four! And they've announced the English starter names, too!

So the games are called X and Y! I'm not sure which I want. At first I thought X sounded cooler and I should get it since my first game was Pokemon X-D Gale of Darkness. But the legendaries in both look epic- I can't decide which is cooler, but I love their simpler yet stylish designs!

Also, I think this may be the first game where I like the fire starter the best and the water one the least- that's a switch! But yes! A fennec fox! Love at first sight! I also like the grass one, 'cause we need more mammalian-looking grass pokemon, but it just looks like a general... mammal, no particular species. I guess I'll see when the evolutions are shown.

I can't wait for any future news! biggrin.gif I hope I'm not the only one here who likes the newer generations as well as the old and loves a new release!

I wanna buy the games biggrin.gif (X and Y) i wonder if there will be a squeal( like yellow, crystal, emerald, platinum, black 2, white 2) called Pokemon Z

Hmm. I'm not so sure about the Z, seems like they'd have to make a W one also. ._. I'll stick to the theory that Z will be genderless, hehe.

And yeah I'll be super happy if Fennekin is Fire/Psychic! <3 I love Fire/Darks, but Fire/Psychic works for me too wink.gif

I believe they're using XYZ to represent dimensions, not chromosomes. smile.gif

X = horizontal = earth (deer)

Y = vertical = air (bird)

Excite. I almost immediately thought Princess Mononoke as well. My initial reaction was "Already?", but I can't wait for these to come out. It feels like Black and White were released yesterday....

I'd like to see what the 3rd stage starters look like because I... *cough* I pick Pokemon for my team based on looks. |D Though I do still try to balance it out. Like, I won't let myself have a team full of fire-types or something.

Having a bit of mixed feelings on the whole 'pixel to 3D' leap in the graphics. I know how much Nintendo is pushing the 3DS onto everyone, but honestly with some games it just strikes me as weird. The battles look amazing, but I'm having trouble adjusting to the overworld trainer sprites looking more like they just hopped out of Animal Crossing instead of the cutesy little pixel chibi's they were before. Maybe it's just me - I'm sure it will look amazing in the end but I'm sort of having an 'omg my childhood' moment right now. //brick

As for the starters, I have to say I'm in the minority with Fennekin being my least favorite so far. It kind of looks like they just took a Zorua, an Eevee, and a Ninetails and mashed it up into one fox pokemon (although admittedly, you have to give them credit for knowing their fanbase well enough to know how much wolf/fox fangirls would jump all over it). I think Froakie is pretty adorable - it reminds me so much of my pet frog Bubbles ;w; I guess I've always been more of a reptile/amphibian fan than dogs and cats, but yeah. My favorite by far is Chespin, though - at first glance I though it was just another generic rodent Pokemon, but the more I stared at him the more I fell in love with everything about it - its markings, its awkward little face, and the leaf hat. It's a real cutie imo cx Of course, I'll probably wait until the final evo's are revealed before I make my final decision, but for now it looks like I'll probably be choosing Chespin.

Also love the legendaries, especially the gorgeous deer, and the whole chromosome/dimension theme going on with the names. Well, they were bound to run out of colors eventually. cx

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Again to point out, the Japanese logos have double helixes in it, why everyone is saying chromosomes (on top of the vectors, it could be a double meaning)

Posting again for emphasis

user posted image

So I'm wearing off on Fennikin.... I was like "awesome fox!" and now it's kind of coming out as plain to me... I'm hoping for epic evolutions at least.

I think the frog is coming out as my favorite this time.

So now that I've seen what a horse chestnut looks like I'm actually liking Chespin more.

They could be using it for a variety of reasons- the one you stated, the XYZ axis of the 3 dimensional planes ('cause, you know, 3DS....?) AND because of the chromosomal entities X and Y, as hinted at by the DNA-helix present in the titles.

All in all, I think it's pretty clever. I like that they have something new for the names, for me the colors were getting old.

Also, I thought it was kind of obvious that Chespin was a chipmunk. ._. The horse chestnut-like cap resembles an acorn top, and his face to me (in my opinion) totally screams chipmunk!

I'm still in love with Fennekin |D I love that its heavily based on a single species. Plus I'm in love with the Zorua line, and with it looking similar there's no doubt I'd choose Fennekin too. Though I'm contemplating for the first time having all three starters on my team this go around, I really do like them all (which is a first for me! Usually there's one starter that I just do not like).

Don't be so quick to expect a Pokemon Z, everyone. Remember how we all expected Grey and ended up with Black and White 2?

Frankly, I'm expecting XX and XY.

OMG. I saw the graphics for PKMMD: Gates to Infinity and realized how awesome pokemon is on the 3DS. I can't wait to get a 3DS or for the emulator to come out so I can play X&Y!

I think it will be Z/XY... I can't imagine a pokemon with double x.

OMG. I saw the graphics for PKMMD: Gates to Infinity and realized how awesome pokemon is on the 3DS. I can't wait to get a 3DS or for the emulator to come out so I can play X&Y!

I think it will be Z/XY... I can't imagine a pokemon with double x.

:\ Or you could buy it and not steal it.

I wonder if they haven't also done the Pokemon-letter name thing going on with Pokemon X and Pokemon Y so that they can follow off with a spin-off called Pokemon U (for the Wii U)?

Well, yeah, I'm going to buy it... But seriously, I'm have a hard time finding it here. I looked around online for two weeks and didn't find anything about a 3DS... I'm going to ask my friends where they got theirs, but the last time I checked I couldn't find anything. It's REALLY hard to find things that aren't pirated here. I'm trying my best to get a 3DS cause playing fakes are equal to not playing at all. Above was my ranting at not being able find what I want online just in case I didn't put enough anger into it... I guess what I was trying to express wasn't clear enough... It's hard to express on a computer since you can't hear the sarcasm. sad.gif

Btw, what kinds of pokemon do you think will come out in the sixth gen, or what kinds of pokemon do you hope will come out?

I hope another Grass/Flying comes out.

I've pre-ordered Pokemon Y because I adore Yveltal's design. I'm going to pick Fennekin as my starter. I honestly don't think I can wait until October, I really want to play it now laugh.gif

I like the idea of X Y for dimensions, in which case Z would theoretically be depth, so possibly a water type?

I'm super excited that one of the starters is not only a canine, but a fox(even if it is a fennec, why not a gray fox?). I'll soft reset until I get a female, name her Fizzgig, and adventure across the world with her.

Anyone have any opinions on the 3DS vs 3DS XL? I keep getting reviews that it would be better to just buy the XL, but it stretches the picture out and only comes in two colors(excluding the special edition Pikachu one).

Hoping that I'll be able to make enough money for one by October. <_> Poor college student...

How exactly is Yveltal pronounced...?