7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Tip for ditto catching: put a magikarp at the front of your party. Transform picks up capture rate. :B

Tip for ditto catching: put a magikarp at the front of your party. Transform picks up capture rate. :B

I....did not think of that. That a very clever idea, lol. Thanks for the tip, Lyth c:

blink.gif That's why it's always so hard to catch!! Evolved Pokémon are harder to catch afterall

And it'll only have splash!

And of course you have the benefit of it having weak stats (in the case of Imposter) and the strongest move being Tackle (or Flail for higher-leveled Magikarp). :U Genius!

Well, I normally just have my Farfetch'd batting lead-off when I'm catching pokemon. It's high-level but has False Swipe. Better than my Lapras with Sing. If Sing misses, you then have a Ditto which is extremely hard to whittle down health, even with False Swipe.

Never thought about fighting Ditto with Magikarp, though. I'm not even sure I've CAPTURED a Magikarp yet.

blink.gif That's why it's always so hard to catch!! Evolved Pokémon are harder to catch afterall

And it'll only have splash!

Strangely enough, Haiyama has a lower catch rate than Makuhita. The evolved Pokemon are harder thing isn't always true. tongue.gif

Anyone gotten the Shiny Gengar serial code yet? And if so, were you able to get one only or one for each game? I haven't been able to get to the store yet to find out myself.

I got one! I actually reset and got a modest Gengar with a high SpA IV this morning and finished EV training her on the bus.

I only got one code, but the guy didn't ask if I had multiple games or any preorders.

Anyone gotten the Shiny Gengar serial code yet? And if so, were you able to get one only or one for each game? I haven't been able to get to the store yet to find out myself.

I was able to get two codes when I went. I had forgotten about the event and the guy who works there gave me one and then the second when I told him I had both versions. I think he has a crush on me he laughed at me when I asked for the second one, lol.

I was able to get two codes when I went. I had forgotten about the event and the guy who works there gave me one and then the second when I told him I had both versions. I think he has a crush on me he laughed at me when I asked for the second one, lol.

He's being paid to smile and laugh at customers all day long. Not to shoot you down, but this happens a lot in retail, where people think we're being friendly for different reasons than we are... I get hit on at my job all the time and it's frustrating.

I've worked at GameStop and I can genuinely say that when I got involved in a conversation, it may have started out as me just doing my job and engaging, but it was genuinely me being interested in the conversation.

However, even though my job was to approach people and have conversations and possibly recommend something, I WAS uncomfortable talking to some people, only because I knew they didn't want to.

So whenever you guys are at GameStop and someone does that, humor them for me oki? ;n; Makes our job a lot easier! You don't have to give in and buy something but most people who work there genuinely love games and can probably recommend some good ones if they know your interests. c: It's okay to decline any pamphlets or anything they try to give you.

(obviously if they're hitting on you, they might not actually be trying to do that but that's the only way they can think to engage...but obviously if you're uncomfortable with how they're talking to you then definitely get out of that situation.

But anyway...

I do need to go in to GS to get that serial code >:U My mom has Y so maybe I'll go in with her at some point.

I've worked at GameStop and I can genuinely say that when I got involved in a conversation, it may have started out as me just doing my job and engaging, but it was genuinely me being interested in the conversation.

However, even though my job was to approach people and have conversations and possibly recommend something, I WAS uncomfortable talking to some people, only because I knew they didn't want to.

So whenever you guys are at GameStop and someone does that, humor them for me oki? ;n; Makes our job a lot easier! You don't have to give in and buy something but most people who work there genuinely love games and can probably recommend some good ones if they know your interests. c: It's okay to decline any pamphlets or anything they try to give you.

(obviously if they're hitting on you, they might not actually be trying to do that but that's the only way they can think to engage...but obviously if you're uncomfortable with how they're talking to you then definitely get out of that situation.

But anyway...

I do need to go in to GS to get that serial code >:U My mom has Y so maybe I'll go in with her at some point.

Oh, no, I work at GameStop too. Most of my conversations are genuine too, but I still smile and laugh with anyone. Laughing is an especially great way to diffuse tension when a customer says something really off the wall.

All the EB stores in my area are actually completely out of Gengar cards. I'm lucky a friend dashed in on the first day to grab me a card to give me for my birthday. When I went to a lower-traffic store in search of one for my Y version, I learned they were also out, and they told me that all the others within about an hour of Vancouver were clean out, too. :|

She gave me a Diancie card as consolation though. :V

All the EB stores in my area are actually completely out of Gengar cards. I'm lucky a friend dashed in on the first day to grab me a card to give me for my birthday. When I went to a lower-traffic store in search of one for my Y version, I learned they were also out, and they told me that all the others within about an hour of Vancouver were clean out, too. :|

She gave me a Diancie card as consolation though. :V

.... /high pitched whine of distress

I'm in Victoria and might only have a shot to get at it tomorrow, I really hope they aren't out... :c Congrats on the Diancie though xd.png

Edited by Dr. Paine

Dunno, depends on traffic for your stores. Try the lesser-known ones, chances are there are some people who have been hunting for extras to sell on eBay or something.

I got both. When I asked if it was one per, the employee said yeah. But then he was like, "Well, you're ordering both games, so here's a second." {I paid more on ORAS, so now I only owe like $7 and change on each game. And $5 or so on the guide.}

I have a favor to ask of you guys...

Is anyone willing to trade legendaries to me, for Pokedex data? I'm still missing a lot of them.

I will trade them back to you afterwards.

Friend Code is in signature, if you need it (2466-3758-4724).

Update on Gengar distro situation:

I just swung by my local EBGames for a second attempt, hoping they got more in. Snagged a card for my Y cart, looks like they're getting more cards in to meet demand.

Now I need a third, for my downloaded X. Maybe next week... >_>;;

Well, I had no reason to worry xd.png EB here had plenty of cards, got one for myself and my brother, and they didn't attempt to push a preorder or anything on us :> Very pleased.

I just got yelled at for accidentally saying Pokemon battles weren't an art. tongue.gif

I had forgotten how seriously Siebold takes his battling.

I was about to say "guess i'll miss out on one this time", but then a friend comes along with a spare code for me. Score.

sad.gif Gamestop didn't have the Diancie codes yet. But on the plus side? While I was there, I paid more on my preorder for ORAS/ORAS Guidebook. I now owe less than $10 for the entire thing. I thought about NOT paying more today and doing it when the Diancie codes actually arrive, but went ahead and did it anyway since I was there already.

I just got yelled at for accidentally saying Pokemon battles weren't an art. tongue.gif

I had forgotten how seriously Siebold takes his battling.

Oops! You just got drenched in his anger/shot/ You may kill me now. I am gonna miss the Diancie code x.x.