7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Not sure if I'm excited or not.. Kind of like the new starters except the grass one for now, aaaaand I'm kinda sure Gen 6 will get bashed [/u]a lot.

Either way, I'm going to buy it since I already have a 3ds!

OMG A NEW POKEMON GAME!!!!! biggrin.gif

I have to get a 3ds before october!!!! I love the fire type starter and the deer legendary!

EDIT: also the y legendary looks like the 5th colossus from "shadow of the colossus" in my mind

Edited by PhantomoftheWolves

It looks absolutely awesome. The starters look kinda silly, inb4 everyone names their fire starter "firefox."

Also, from the get go, I think the only thing that it's innovated is fully 3D graphics.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Ohmygosh I'm. I'm so excited dffffsaffggfff. The fire starter and those x and y pokemon

*falls over*

I.

I need.

I need dose.

I need dose game.

I need dose games and da Fire.

I need dose games and da Fire-Starter.

I need dose games and da Fire-Starter and.

I need dose games and da Fire-Starter and da.

I need dose games and da Fire-Starter and da deer.

I need dose games and da Fire-Starter and da deer legend.

Sorry for the triangular post. Couldn't get complete sentences out XP! Those graphics look UNBELIEVABLE! They managed to transition out of the sprited world while retaining the cartoony look we all know and love wub.gif

Y NO OCTOBER YET.

Edited by PieMaster

There better be some awesome Bug-Types to make up for that Fire starter being a generic canid. If they're anywhere as cool as the bugs released in the last gen, though, I won't be disappointed. c:

Also, I prefer the Y legendary...

I feel so alone over here |D

EDIT: also the y legendary looks like the 5th colossus from "shadow of the colossus" in my mind

eeeeee I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this! I'm planning to name it after said colossus! X'D

Y legendary is a beasttttttttt <3 the deer is pretty, too, but I'll take a giant mythical bird over a mythical deer any day!

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Wow, these games look amazing. I'm still playing White 2 with Black 2 in reserve. I have to beat them before these come out. Fennekin's my favorite of the starters. smile.gif

Ooh, these look pretty interesting. Definatly gonna try to get one of the two versions. Based on what I've seen of the starters so far I will probably go with the Grass one. c:

(My wallet is going to hate me by the end of the year. x D)

Edited by Aquaelie

Well, looks like I now have to go about buying a 3DS now... *goes to work on that*

/spews rainbow.

That sums up my feelings.

I am getting a Chespin and nothing will stop me. Unless its evolutions are hideous

Gosh, I'm so excited for these!

You guys know why they went with X and Y, right? Does anyone else see how clever that is with the 3D...?

Especially since Z has to be inevitable!

Fennekin, based off a Fennec Fox...Omg, DYING. I love it! I loved Zorua anyway so its little Zorua-like face has me hooked! I hope it stays quad-ped through its evolutions, it'd be awesome! I like the other two, also. Chespin, a little acorn Chipmunk... and the frog! Eee! They're so cute, I utterly LOVE their designs. This is probably the first generation where I adore all three starter designs. (Though their final forms may sway this for me, like it did in Gen 5.)

The legendaries look so amazing. The stag is definitely an automatic favorite, but the dragon looks wicked too! The stag reminds me a lot of the Princess Mononoke Spirit of the Forest so I'm super stoked.

The graphics look so stunning, I'm so excited I can't even describe it properly hahaha.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. <3

...And naturally everybody who's not me loves the boring fire fox that we already had one of. xP

Can't be surprised by that, since vulpine are such broadly loved animals. If you ask me, Vulpix didn't look much like a fox (and if Zorua was supposed to be like one, I didn't see that at all). At least this one more so resembles a fox (and it resembles a specific species of fox, to boot). smile.gif

If anything is being reused, it's the frog-toad idea. We've had enough of those already, if you ask me. I guess Gamefreak just likes amphibians... xd.png

Edited by Alpha Gryph

Can't be surprised by that, since vulpine are such broadly loved animals. If you ask me, Vulpix didn't look much like a fox (and if Zorua was supposed to be like one, I didn't see that at all). At least this one more so resembles a fox (and it resembles a specific species of fox, to boot). smile.gif

If anything is being reused, it's the frog-toad idea. We've had enough of those already, if you ask me. I guess Gamefreak just likes amphibians... xd.png

But Froakie doesn't look like any of the other frog/toad Pokemon (besides being blue.)

Fennekin looks like Vulpix and Zorua did the fusion dance. And there's more lines of canids than frogs... :N

I don't know I'm just disappointed because I was hoping for something cooler. |D

Eh? The only frog-toad pokemon I can think of are the Poliwag series, Croagunk (which isn't even water type, either), and the Tympole series. That's not a whole lot out of the 600+ pokemon, if you ask me x) Same with the foxes, although already having the Vulpix and Flareon series make a point. I still love Fennekin though, especially as a starter. It's the first canid starter pokemon smile.gif Though I have to say, the Acorn chipmunk is rather clever~

But hey, let's all reserve judgement until their final forms are revealed. That's how I discovered I loved the Oshawott line, because I detested Emboar and fell for Samurott.

Unless Fennekin evolves into some kind of horrible abomination or becomes a possessed fox skeleton it's not getting any love from me, I'm afraid...

As for the other two, although I can't see myself hating any way they could turn out, I hope Froakie becomes either some sort of poison dart frog or a Surinam toad, and I hope Chespin gets awesome chestnut armor when it evolves. c:

Edited by Pika_Oi

Hmm, it'd be neat to have a Fire/dark starter or Fire/ghost. I'd be in heaven. <3

Also, I totally bet that the stag pokemon is going to be female and the dragon will be male.

MARK MY WORDS

Gosh, I'm so excited for these!

You guys know why they went with X and Y, right? Does anyone else see how clever that is with the 3D...?

Especially since Z has to be inevitable!

Well "X" and "Y" might also be a genetics reference though! (Especially with the japanese logos having what looks like a double helix in them)

(But yes, Z should definitely happen - especially since the whole three-dimensions thing)

(And I agree, Y bird legendary = male, X deer legendary = female. Makes the most sense to me if it's a genetics deal)

I kind of like the frog starter~ But the fox the most, I mean, obvious fondness of foxes.

I don't really like the chipmunk thing, but I didn't care for oshawott and it had good evolutions so I'm hoping the chipmunk will have a good evolution line.

It could be a double-meaning kind of thing. If they release Z it could be both the Z axis and the Z chromosome that some animals have. c:

It could be a double-meaning kind of thing. If they release Z it could be both the Z axis and the Z chromosome that some animals have. c:

True, good point!

(Got a little too human-centered over here xd.png)

So the other exciting thing about these games is they have the same release date all over the world! Finally no one has to import anything~ (And for that matter no one can really spoil things for themselves if they get the game immediately. We'll all be playing at the same time)

I hope they implement 3DS features on this game. Definitely needs some streepass interactions (item for every time you pass someone?)

Exactly what I was thinking! c:

Though what's a Z chromosome? If it was a sex chromosome, I was thinking that the Pokemon from Z would be genderless or something.

Also, just took my tenth look at the trailer and noticed that it showed the starters using two different move types: One of their presumed type, and another.

For Chespin, looks like he used solarbeam and Night Slash.

For Fennekin, looks like Flamethrower and Extrasensory/ Psywave/beam.

For Froakie, looks like Water Gun and Close Combat.

So I'm going to take a guess and say they're duel typed; Chespin is or will be Grass/Dark, Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will be Water/Fighting.

Edit: Which really makes a whole lot of sense, such as the duel typing from 4th gen did.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Fire/Psychic would be pretty cool, though I'd be happy with just straight Fire. Water/Fighting I could see, though it's not like we have a shortage of duel Fighting type starters. XD

I don't really see any dark traits in Chespin, but yeah we'll have to wait for the final evos.

My starter choice has never been so easy!

Exactly what I was thinking! c:

Though what's a Z chromosome? If it was a sex chromosome, I was thinking that the Pokemon from Z would be genderless or something.

Also, just took my tenth look at the trailer and noticed that it showed the starters using two different move types: One of their presumed type, and another.

For Chespin, looks like he used solarbeam and Night Slash.

For Fennekin, looks like Flamethrower and Extrasensory/ Psywave/beam.

For Froakie, looks like Water Gun and Close Combat.

So I'm going to take a guess and say they're duel typed; Chespin is or will be Grass/Dark, Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will be Water/Fighting.

Edit: Which really makes a whole lot of sense, such as the duel typing from 4th gen did.

I was thinking fire/psychic too! That would be a neat combo - only victini has it and for those of us who don't use legendaries on a team this is a good alt.

(Just as long as it's not another fire/fighting combo...)

The more I look at it, the more Chespin is growing on me. It is kind of cute in an oshawott way xd.png

Also - http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=6249

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Hmm. I'm not so sure about the Z, seems like they'd have to make a W one also. ._. I'll stick to the theory that Z will be genderless, hehe.

And yeah I'll be super happy if Fennekin is Fire/Psychic! <3 I love Fire/Darks, but Fire/Psychic works for me too wink.gif

Well we will find out if the legends have a trio when the game comes out (or when things get leaked xd.png). Z seems most logical in the XYZ vector sense, and they can sub-justify it with genetics (maybe there will be an extra legendary that is a W?)

I'm also interested in that this looks to be a European setting (especially hinted at with pikachu broadcasting from Paris). It'll be nice to see some other cultures depicted in pokemon.

(I know Unova was supposed to be New York/America culture but that's nothing new for me)