Sacredhumor

Defeat

This is something I spat out in about 5 minutes and it never went through any sort of editing process so it's not the best. While cleaning today, I found it, forgetting I had ever written it, and decided to post it here for some feedback.

A castle, high upon a mountain. The king sits upon the throne, his queen by his side. The alarm continues to sound as a messenger approaches rapidly. They move not the slightest amount. They already already know. The messenger approaches and is hastily dismissed. The king slowly rises and takes up arms. He defeats the invaders with an ease that is unsettling to him. A mere diversion, the king turns away and his attention is drawn to the fields. He summons his army and proceeds to the imminent battle. Valiantly, they fight as the battle rages for days. Finally, the conflict is no more, along with the kingdom. Hoping to be killed as a victory's final milestone, he lays down his arms and approaches the unknown enemy. As he reaches their leader, he drops to his knees. He looks around around to see the enemy slowly venture away, still unmasked, still unknown. He is broken. His kingdom in ruins, his queen raped of life, his life devoid of meaning. For years he wanders, hoping to start over and return to where he once was, but how? Where does he begin? How does he defeat an enemy that to this day remains unknown? He continues to travel, drifting from one possibility to the next, looking for answers, looking for truth, looking for happiness.

This is a interesting story... at least, what I could read from what little you posted of it.

smile.gif Are you planning on posting more? Oh, and by the way, your egg on your scroll is dying... if you need help raising them, you can put them on this click site: Neglected Dragon Daycare smile.gif

I'll definitely post more works. I'll even take requests for short stories. biggrin.gif Thanks for the tip.