davinhadaway2

Cassandra Clare, anybody?

Now, personally, Cassandra Clare is my idol, and the best writer I've ever read. She wrote the Mortal Instruments series, and the Infernal Devices series. Post your thoughts on her and her work here!

I haven't read anything, but I've heard good things.

I think they're making a Mortal Instruments movie/trilogy, so expect a surge in interest.

I've read the first four books of the Mortal Instruments so far as well as the Infernal Devices.

I do like both, but the Internal Devices are my favourite, especially since there's no Jace in them. At first I thought Will was even wors than Jace, but in the second book he turned out not that bad.

But Jace is my major problem with the series. I hate this guy. He behaves like a big cry baby all the time and looks "soooo pretty and perfect".

He often reminded me of Edward Cullen whom I also am not really fond of.

But I like Simon and many other characters and thanks to Magnus Bane I will enjoy reading every single book, even though unfortunately for me, Jace didn't stay dead in the end of City of Glass. But I won't give up hope in this matter until the bitter end.

Big fan of Cassandra Clare and all her work. You can read more about her stuff at Cassandraclare.com. I also sometimes surf the Shadowhunters Wiki to get more information I might have missed while re-reading the series's. Someone said they hated Jace, the character. I agreed I didn't like Jace much either in the first book, but in City of Ashes when he is treated like crap in the dungeons I started to like him more. He is really arrogant and sarcastic, but he has a vulnerable side too, which I kind of like about him. Much better than Edward Cullen, who is all pretty and mopey and that's about it. At least Jace is FUNNY, and a badass, because of his extra angel blood. He's also tormented throughout the first three books because he's in love with who he thinks is his sister. And then in books 4 and 5 someone controls him, lol. I also really liked Clary because she, I felt, was a nice change from Katniss Everdeen, who was all tough and serious, and Clary is much more light-hearted and fun. I loved most of the characters, actually, but I'd say my favorite character is actually the bad guy, Sebastian Morgenstern. He is the most complicated character in the series, I think, and a real tragic hero. I like how Cassandra Clare handled him at the end of Heavenly Fire, but I still enjoy writing about him in my fan fic where Jonathan Morgenstern gets saved. I love the tantalizing idea of what would happen to a boy who really had done some of the worst things imaginable and suddenly that evil gets sucked out of him. How would he feel afterwards? Extreme shame beyond all comprehension. He likely might want to commit suicide, but I have him having to live with the things he had done, and his sister turns out to be his biggest advocate. I need to shut up now, or I will be up all night talking about it.