HawktalonOfRiverClan

Cave Skins

Which skin do you use?  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I switch between Default and St. Patty's skins. I like them both, though lately I've just been sticking with the Default one. I don't really like the darker-background skins and the dino one is too bright for me laugh.gif

I just use default. Checking out this thread, though, has inspired me to try out other designs. wink.gif

I usually use the default and sometimes switch to portal2.

Default. I don't like the Portal skins, and the other skins are too bright. I'd love a skin with the main 'scroll' color a blue-gray a little darker than default and then a darker backdrop to the sides with some kind of patterning, personally.

Oh God, I don't really like the dark portal skin that much, but after like 2 years of using it I tried going back to the default and it burns my eyes! DX

I use Portal, I like the darkness of the screen, it doesn't hurt my eyes nearly as much and I like the layout of it. Portal also doesn't have the dragons run off the page when I'm trying to organize my scroll like the default skin does.

I've checked all of them, but really like the default best, as it is closest to the medieval parchment appearance. I do like the Portal 2 skin, but it's just too sleek to be medieval. I lose the Cave atmosphere if I use it.

Portal 2~ I love the logo and fixed background.

I use default.. [:

it feels foreign to me when i change it, plus, i grew too used to the default cave.

Default. I tried to change skins and I came screaming back for the default parchment skin. I guess I'm way way too used to the default skin.

St. Patrick's Day. smile.gif I would have prefer to use the Dino cave one, but it gets longer to reload.

I'm using the default skin because the sprites look weird on a dark background

I'm using Portal 2, several reasons

a) Dark is easier on my eyes

B ) San-serif font is easier in my eyes

c) I can see the detail on a lot of the dragons better. I first noticed on Daily Dragon Fix that guys like the embers, the blacks, and the nebbies looked more impressive on a dark background, then when I tried the Portal 2 bg on my scroll I was noticing all sorts of details in the sprites I never saw before.

Also since it goes lighter to darker the semi-transparent sprites are more fun. tongue.gif

Tl;dr it fits my web design sensibilities and I personally like how the dragon sprites look against it. And sometimes I just want to stare at my scroll and admire my dragons, okay? xd.png;

ETA: Emoticons and my tendency to list things in my post by letter do not mix.

Edited by DorkJulian

Call me old fashioned, but I like the default one. I suppose I should change to the St. Patrick's Day one for the weekend, though.

I love the Default the most because it matches with the "scroll" description. Also, it has a touch of antiquity. On the other hand, I'm currently using the St. Patrick's Day because today is St. Patrick's Day. Simple as that.

My other favourite skin would be blackout and 1960's. for 1960's I love the wood texture. tongue.gif It has a style of elegance.

I use Portal 2. I like the look of it a lot more than the others, though the LOGOUT button is right under CAVE and so sometimes I accidentally log out into of going to the homepage.