TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

I think the eeveelutions should work as a team, one is healer, one is defense, one is offense, and one is suppport

My Flareon's gonna be kind of a tank, so if we don't have an umbreon, then Flareon will be primarily defense, then offense and support.

But of course, being able to have 8 moves, it shouldn't be too hard to make each of them well-rounded.

By the way, Zagan's group, would you guys like a town before you head into your adventure of doom? I've got a town in mind (and a Shupp I'd like to introduce), but the timing would work on either end of the super duper Mespritraveling.

Red, Silver, how about this for the first part:

Abel, Cane and Kyandi were born with only weeks of difference in a village deep within Eterna Forest, where tree-houses were the norm and you couldn't look up without spotting at least one bridge connecting the elevated structures. The three of them inherited Synchronoise and Stored Power from their Musharna father, and decided from a young age they'd evolve into different types to take full advantage of the first move, making it the signature of their team. Abel was the first one to evolve, turning into Glaceon, closely followed by Kyandi's evolution into a Sylveon and Cane's into a Flareon. While Abel and Kyandi gained quick control over their powers, Cane had trouble with his fire attacks. One day not long after his evolution, Cane and Kyandi were playing together when they were attacked by a wild Leavanny; Kyandi's fear of Bug-types kicked in and, in order to protect her, Cane used a Fire attack. The flames got out of control and reached their treehouse, burning it before anyone could douse the flames. Angry and afraid they'd hurt others in the highly flammable environment, their Espeon mother sent them off in a journey so the triplets could master their respective abilities.

Also I was thinking of having a Kecleon friend so his father can get us the evolution stuff. And maybe Abel was with him when the incident with Cane's fire happened. How about it?

For Abel, I have Hail (specialty), Blizzard, Hidden Power(Ground) and Synchronoise. Need one or three more; ideas? And I want him to specialize in fighting Water-types to finish covering Cane's and Kyandi's weaknesses, but I can't decide which type he'd be weak against so I need help there too ^^" Anyway it's already 7:30 so I'm off to sleep, see ya in the afternoon!

Sounds good. I can't help right now though. Oh yeah and Kyandi's not afraid of butterfly pokemon because she thinks they're pretty. Cane's already got Steel covered. I don't know what poison is weak to. You need grass and electric.

Edit: all weaknesses are covered. Fighting is covered by fairy, steel by fire, rock and fire by ground. You should give him dig instead of hidden power.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

I think I accidentally made Cane a fairy-killer; he knows iron tail and smog xd.png

and I like the summary biggrin.gif glaceon can't learn anything grass or electric, but mirror coat could be effective retaliation for most water attacks.

poison is only weak to psychic and ground, but it's also only strong against grass and fairy.

does anyone mind if I have Cane hold an eevee charm? That will boost all our defenses.

TalonCat, could you put the chat link in the rp and in the OOC threads?

Edit: Also just realized this: This Rp is over a year old? happy late birthday RP! I think I'll draw a picture for you guys to celebrate. What should I draw?

Edited by Silverphoenixx

whoops, meant to write evolve charm xd.png yes, that'll be in his bag

think I've got Cane's bio about done, should I send it to Taloncat or should I post it here for Silver and PD to see first? Just to make sure everything's consistent

Edited by reddan

I didn't mean his own weakness; Cane is weak to Ground, Rock and Water, and Kyandi to Poison and Steel, so Abel would want to have something against those types to protect them. Blizzard takes care of Ground, Hidden Power of Poison, Rock and Steel, and the only left is Water. Also Hidden Power is better than Dig here because Abel sucks at Attack ^^"

Wow, you're right, we started November 17! Happy (very late) birthday, RP! yay group portrait

Put the sheet on the chat reddan

Oh yeah you and PD should both have type devices like Fire device for cane and Ice device for glaceon

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Yeah, but Cane doesn't really use fire moves.

Here's the char sheet:

Name: Cane (Reddan)

Species: Flareon

Ability: guts

Appearance: Has especially warm, fluffy fur and wide feet that help him play in Abel's snow. He keeps his stuff in little saddlebags on his back

Stats:

- HP: average

- Attack: very high

- Defense: pretty high for a flareon*

- Sp. Attack: not great

- Sp. Defense: pretty low for a flareon*

- Speed: decent

- *(defense and sp. defense are pretty close to the same value for him, despite having a difference of 50 on serebii)

Held Item: Bag (evolve charm, reviver seed, rawst berry)

Personality: Serious and stubborn, Cane is only really scared of his own fire. He blames himself for the fire he started

back at home and has trouble letting go of that guilt. He mostly relies on his other attacks, only resorting to fire when

desperate. He wants to learn to control his fire, but is too scared of hurting his siblings to practice often.

Bio: see triplet team group bio

Moves:

Reliable:

- Retaliate (specialty, does 2x damage if a teammate faints, 3x damage if one of his siblings faints)

- iron tail

- bite

- synchronoise

Unreliable:

- fire spin (hard to control)

- flare blitz (heavy recoil)

- superpower (exhausting and lowers stats, but is very strong)

- smog (is pretty accurate with this move, but it has a 50% chance of poisoning him, and a 50% chance of poisoning the opponent)

Specialty Type: though scared of his using his own fire, Cane has no problem fighting other fire types, and despite his

low sp. attack, can often take them out in a couple hits with Synchronoise.

Edited by reddan

Red, the Bag is always equipped as the held item

Name (Player Name): PureDark006

Name: Abel

Species: Glaceon

Ability: Snow Cloak

Appearance: The dark parts on his paws are lower than a normal Glaceon's, and he has small tufts of fur right below the ears.

Stats: Abel's best attributes are his Special Attack (26) and Defense (25), the first because he's been practicing his Ice moves since a young age and the second due to the play with his siblings. His HP (17), Special Defense (18) and Speed (13) are average, and his Attack (4) is low due to lack of use.

Occupation: In training to form a Rescue Team, Triplet Team, with his two siblings

Held Item: Icy Gem. He has it tied around his neck with a white string.

Personality: As the oldest, Abel feels the need to protect his siblings from everything, specially since they started their journey. He didn't want them to feel lonely, so he always does whatever he can to make them happy, which ends in him spoiling them too much and being unable to say no at times. Mature and kind, Abel nonetheless can become ruthless when something threatens his family, and is willing to protect them even at the cost of himself.

Bio: Abel is the oldest of the Eevee triplets, hatching a week earlier than Cane in a village deep within Eterna Forest, where tree-houses were the norm and you couldn't look up without spotting at least one bridge connecting the elevated structures. While his parents, an Espeon and Musharna, took care of the other two eggs, Abel usually went out to play, and he befriended a Kecleon called Merkas who would remain his best friend for the rest of their stay. Both him and his siblings inherited Synchronoise and Stored Power from their father, and decided from a young age they'd evolve into different types to take full advantage of the first move, making it the signature of their team. Wanting to become stronger, Abel used the first evolution item Merkas' parents brought back, an Icy Rock, to evolve into Glaceon. Since he was still young, he never finished learning Eevee's moves, and had troubles controlling his ice at the beginning. He had to mostly be on his own for a few days, but was able to quickly get the hang of it and even made snow on cold days for the younger ones to play with.

One day not long after Cane's evolution into a Flareon, Abel had gone to train with Merkas when they smelt smoke. Panicking, they ran back as fast as they could, and saw the sibling's tree-house burning; he later found out it had been Cane, who had been trying to protect Kyandi from a Bug Pokemon and had lost control over his fire moves. Luckily, no one got hurt, but their mother decided it would be dangerous for Cane to stay as long as he could provoke another accident. Abel and Kyandi decided to go with him, and the three eeveelution siblings bid farewell to their village and started their journey to become a Rescue Team and prevent worse accidents from happening. Somewhere along the line, Abel bought the TM for Sunny Day without Cane or Kyandi knowing, to use when Cane learns to use his Fire moves.

Moves:

-Hail: Specialty move - Abel can summon the individual Hail clouds that make up the storm and set them over multiple targets. This allows him to choose the enemies and allies that are affected by Hail instead of affecting every Pokemon in the vicinity. If another weather-inducing move is used while still in effect, Hail is cleared and replaced. If Hail is used when another weather is still active, Abel can choose to completely override it, in which case Hail would affect all Pokemon as per its normal effect, or to only override the areas above his targets, in which case those not affected by Hail would still be under the conditions of the first weather. Out of battles, Abel can use the move to summon non-damaging snow instead of hail. Move learned naturally as a Glaceon.

-Blizzard: Reliable. Learned naturally as a Glaceon.

-Synchronoise: Reliable. Inherited from his father, a Musharna.

-Hidden Power: Reliable. Gift from his Kecleon friend.

-Mirror Coat: Unreliable. Every time a special move comes into contact with it, there's a 33% chance it would break the coat instead of it rebounding the power, ending the move and making Abel flinch.

-Sunny Day: Unreliable. TM bought in secret from his siblings. 50% chance it summons weak sun that doesn't do anything and can't override existing weather effects.

HM Moves: None

Specialty Type: Water. After discovering his Hidden Power's type was Ground, he made it a personal mission to fight against as many Water Pokemon as he could to cover Cane's other weakness. He has so much experience in fighting them that now Abel can pinpoint and hit their weak spots with ease, allowing for a critical hit 45% of the times.

However, a neglect of his own weaknesses made him more susceptible to Fighting types; their moves land more easily (consider his evasion to be lowered one stage), and Fighting moves have double the chance of landing a critical (after boosts).

Items:

1. Support Flag (the pole was removed, so it can be tied around like a bandana)

2. Heal Ribbon

-He's not a morning Pokemon. If you want him to get up early, you need to take physical measures (a jump on his stomach does wonders).

-He absolutely cannot handle spicy food. Even something that doesn't exactly taste spicy will make him go red and immediately send him searching for the nearest source of water.

-His Heal Ribbon is something he got because of their lack of any HP-restoring moves, and he usually gives it to his siblings instead of using it himself.

-Since it's difficult to practice weather-inducing moves in secret, he has never used Sunny Day before, and doesn't know the ill effects it may have.

Silver, Red, tell me what you think

Thanks for the tip PureDark, fixed that.

Man, your bio is so fleshed out... I might edit Cane's a few more times before we start using them. I'm kinda jealous of your character-making skills xd.png I only have a few characters that fleshed out in my other rps.

I think yours is fine Red, the only real difference I can see is that Puredark put the categories in bold.

Yeah, yours is nice too! It's just that I write a lot of fancy words, Hail's description alone was 5 lines ^^"

Um, I can help you if you want!

Edited by Puredark006

Your sheet is good PD. Are we still going to have Reqiuem x Sylveon?

When you guys have your final sheets I'll check for punctuation and stuff if you want

Thanks Silver, but I'm pretty confident in my spelling and grammar.

I think I might be about done... we should wait til they're all posted, though

Here's mine:

Kyandi(Silverphoenixx)

Species: Sylveon

Ability: Cute Charm

Appearance: She is a little thinner than an average Sylveon, and weak physically. On her tail is another bow with two ribbons coming from it (these aren't part of her body but are colored the same), and her 'socks' reach up to her knees.

Stats:

HP: A little higher than normal.

Attack: The fact that she's weak physically doesn't help this stat. She never uses physical attacks, so it's already pretty low.

Defense: Pitifully low. She's extremely weak physically, and the fact that her species has low defense doesn't help.

Sp. Attack: Quite high, especially since her species has high Sp. Attack

Sp. Defense: Very high too.

Speed: Fast for her species, but she wouldn't win any races against Garchomps.

Held Item: Light Clay

Personality: Kyandi is usually hyper and can be found bouncing off the walls and eating sweets. As the youngest, she is usually innocent and immature. Kyandi usually wakes up first out of the triplets and enjoys waking them up (in ways which are usually unpleasant for them). She doesn't mean real harm though, and cares for her brothers a lot.

Bio: Kyandi is the youngest of the Eevee triplets, hatching a week after Cane in a village deep within Eterna Forest. Tree-houses were the norm there, and you couldn't look up without spotting at least one bridge connecting the elevated structures. Kyandi and her brothers had all inherited Synchronoise and Stored Power from their father, and they decided from a young age they'd evolve into different types to take full advantage of the first move, making it the signature of their team.

One day not long after Cane's evolution into a Flareon, a wild Beedrill attacked Kyandi. Kyandi, being afraid of Bug types, was scared, and in order to protect her Cane used a Fire type move on the Beedrill. However Cane lost control of the fire and the tree house caught fire. Luckily, no one got hurt, but their mother decided it would be dangerous for Cane to stay as long as he could provoke another accident. Abel and Kyandi decided to go with him, and the three eeveelution siblings bid farewell to their village and started their journey to become a Rescue Team and prevent worse accidents from happening.

Moves:

RELIABLE:

Reflect: She uses this for support in the Triplet Team. It is her specialty and acts as Light Screen as well as Reflect. The move is more exhausting now though, and lasts for a shorter time. With Light Clay, it lasts for seven turns, without Light Clay it lasts for three.

Synchronoise: Signature move of the Triplet Team.

Helping Hand: This move became reliable through constant use since she helps her siblings a lot.

Moonblast: A move she learned so she could attack by herself if needed and hit Pokemon other than Fairy types.

UNRELIABLE:

Draining Kiss: She doesn't like kissing much, and can't get over kissing something, leaving her paralyzed after she uses the move.

Stored Power: She has trouble releasing the power, and sometimes releases too much, causing the move to have 140 power but knocking her out.

Calm Mind: She has a hard time stopping herself from worrying about others while using this move.

HM Moves: None

Specialty Type:She is afraid of bugs, making them have normal effectiveness against her. Her attack damage is also halved when facing bug types. However, she has noticed Abel's weakness to fighting, and her own type's effectiveness against it, and has trained to be more effective against it. She hits with greater accuracy, speed, and power. (Think of it as boosting her speed and accuracy by one stage, and giving attacks a 10 power boost.)

Items:

1. Shell Bell. She switches her held item to this when needing to recover Hp.

2. Effort Flag. Switches to this when the Triplet Team is running low on Hp.

Other:

- If Kyandi becomes extremely angry, she enters a strange state that affects her moves. In this state, moves that Kyandi had previously become used to using become unreliable, and moves that she previously were not good at become easy to use. The moves that she uses in this state, if hit, have recoil equal to 10% of her hp. Moves used in this state also count against their mastery.

- Kyandi has a fondness for sweets. You shouldn't trust her with sweet tasting items. Don't ever give her brownies, you will regret it

- She can make her voice rather loud and high pitched. Don't stand next to her when she shouts, your ears will be blown off. Her favorite use for her voice is waking Abel up. (She also enjoys treating Abel's stomach as a trampoline.)

What do you think?

Edited by Silverphoenixx