TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

... I found a shiny waaaay back when I wasn't even a teenager, must have been 11 or 12. I was playing Pokemon Silver and a shiny Pidgey appeared. I didn't even know shinnies existed, and only found out about them when I asked some of my friends. Also, it appeared right at the beginning of the game, meaning I still didn't have Pokeballs. It was the best and one of the worst Pokemon experience I've ever had.

The second worst was when I was in Lake of Fury in SoulSilver and found a shiny Magikarp. Like, seriously? The Gyarados was part of the game, and the legit shiny I find is a MAGIKARP!?

The absolute worst is the Jirachi Curse. It's a long story so I won't bother you with it, but it involves the worst string of luck I've ever experienced in a game. And yes, it was bad enough that me and my friend who also went through it gave it an actual, capital-letter-starting name.

My first and only legit, useful shiny was a Karrablast in Black. It's evolved and trained now.

So, my point is: you guys are SO. LUCKY. GIVE ME SOME OF YOUR LUCK

Edited by Puredark006

Sorry man, my luck goes both ways. I got rare good stuff all the time, but I also get rare bad stuff pretty often. Everything's just a little closer to 50/50 for me.

Both extremes is better than only the bad one.

To keep this on topic, Talon, do Mystery Dungeons exist? You know, those with changing layout and multiple floors and stuff

Both extremes is better than only the bad one.

To keep this on topic, Talon, do Mystery Dungeons exist? You know, those with changing layout and multiple floors and stuff

We started out in one, remember?

Didn't know if it was supposed to be one or it was a normal maze-like cave, since we only went once ^^"

...Huh, that's odd. I thought I remembered the first post mentioning something about mystery dungeons. Guess I remembered wrong.

On another note though I took another look at Fenris's bio and. MILKMON. THAT IS THE MOST CLEVER MADE-UP WORD I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE OMG.

@silverphoenix: I don't think that Alteria would have needed an Oran berry after using roost twice, even with being hit by surf and curse. Roost restores around half Hp right?

Plus, as a dragon type with super-high base special defense, she could easily tank a hit from surf and shake it off like someone had just spritzed her with a cheap plastic water gun.

Well, silver did say that Altera has abnormally Low SPdef for her species, but still.also: where did everyone go? ninja.gif

Sorry! I've just... everyone in this RP writes way more than me and uuuugghghh

I'll get a post up in a bit, after I finish feeling sorry for myself

Guuuuys, I have 3 projects to hand in this week and next week are my finals so I don't know if I'll be able to post regularly until next Saturday >_<

*checks heartbeat* Alive! Alive, see! ^^;

ah shame on me i even had a four-day weekend - aaah bad me, bad

Anyway, I've been thinking of how to improve the battle system a bit... None of these changes would be effective until next battle, but this is what I'm suggesting:

- I should use some sort of damage calculator because DANG those Gastlies should have been gone long ago. (Having tested this with a Hydreigon and a Gastly, both at level 50, I've learned this lesson haha.) Puredark, could you maybe send whatever you're using my way?

- Would it be a pain for you guys to specify which Pokemon you're attacking in [brackets] at the end of your posts? It's kind of hard for me to keep track of who hit who without a map of the battle.

...Okay, I'mma admit right now that Shiny hunting is totally what kept me away so long. >w<; Anyone want a Shuppet with Phantom Force? Please? Please! Please...

Shupps, shupps everywhere. Shupps as far as the eye can see...

I'll take a Shuppet with Phantom Force biggrin.gif Speaking of trading, anyone want Ninetails with Drought?? My friend's code gets me fire types and it's super easy to find Ninetails with Drought (since it's basically announced at the beginning of battle)

My code is 5456-0286-7863 :3 we should all add each other

@silverphoenix: I don't think that Alteria would have needed an Oran berry after using roost twice, even with being hit by surf and curse. Roost restores around half Hp right?

Just ignore that then.

oh yeah and Puredark, do you mean use random number generator to see if the electricity hit Altaria, or that I should have used random number generator to see if surf hit her.

No, no, there was just a chance Requiem would have attacked Alteria instead of answering since he was confused, and I did a RNG to see which option he'd go with

Oh okay then. Do I have to use random number generator for stuff like that, or do what I want (within reason of course)?

I use RNG because it's more fun with that element of surprise, but it's unenforceable, so do what you want as long as you don't abuse it I guess ^^

Ooh gimme a Shuppet!! My friend code's 2664-3262-0855.

I don't really have much to offer but my Vivilion pattern's polar! Because Canada is a frozen wasteland, yup. Also I'll probably have some Protean Froakies once my friend pays his interest >:I

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Alright, so through a couple days of online trading and breeding, I have managed to acquire an abundance of the following, and would be happy to trade them to everyone once we exchange friend codes:

Bulbasaur

Charmander

Squirtle w/ Rain Dish ability

Vulpix w/ Drought ability

Eevee w/ Anticipation ability (evolves into fantastic Espeons and Sylveons!)

Chespin w/ Bulletproof ability

Fennekin

Froakie

And also a bunch of Torchics with Speed Boost, but if you have internet, then you're better off just getting the event xd.png

The only things I'm really looking for are Y exclusives and any pokemon (especially starters) with cool Hidden Abilities, but if you don't have that then I don't really care what you have to trade smile.gif I just wanna share these guys with everyone.

I feel so left out...

*sits in corner and cries about not being able to find her DS charger and her Pokemon games*

I've been messing around on the smogon forums and I just found out that Scolipede's hidden ability has been changed to Speed Boost in gen VI. Should I...do something about that? Atto's still got Quick Feet at the moment.