TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

Bleh sorry. I can't even say I've been busy because I totally haven't. Well at least Atto and Zagan will be walking down a tunnel for quite a while so it's not like we'll have to post a bunch before catching up to Bec.

You should probably post as Requiem though! :oo I think everyone already went through the path out of town so he should have seen someone to follow around

Well, since everyone wanted to skip I didn't want to get in their way, so I'm assuming they went through a different path. It would have taken some time for Requiem to man up and ask for directions (maybe an entire day), and some more to catch up even using Fly. I was planning on waiting a bit (3-4 posts from Leo's group) before having him find them

Requiem's my baby, I wouldn't forget about him~ *hugs dragon*

Ah okay! :3

I'm writing up a post now although feel free to not wait, I'm currently agonizing over post length and will probably be a while.

Then I'll take the chance to go and nom dinner~

Edit: I ate enough spaghetti for two and now I feel like not moving from the bed until Monday diet what's diet is it a new kind of pizza

Edited by Puredark006

Well, since everyone wanted to skip I didn't want to get in their way, so I'm assuming they went through a different path. It would have taken some time for Requiem to man up and ask for directions (maybe an entire day), and some more to catch up even using Fly. I was planning on waiting a bit (3-4 posts from Leo's group) before having him find them

Requiem's my baby, I wouldn't forget about him~ *hugs dragon*

>_<;;;;;; sorry sorry sorry sorry I forgot Requiem was waiting around aargh

No problem, it would have been a bit of a coincidence if Leo's group went by the road he was waiting on anyway~

BTW, I was thinking of something. Same as how now we have specialty moves, that are stronger because the pokes use them often, would it be too much of a stretch to have specialty types, which would be types the charries have a lot of experience fighting against? For example, Leo's team specializes in Ghost-types, so maybe he can hit and dodge more easily if his opponent is one; Zagan's father and one of his best friends are Fire-types, so maybe he can resist Fire moves better; etc. It's just something I thought about, so feel free to ignore me if it doesn't sound feasible.

I don't personally know what Haldors specialized type would be, but if to counter having a type your good at fighting, a type your exceptionally bad at fighting would be interesting. Haldors would be fire cause hes afraid of lava biggrin.gif But we'd need to think of reasonable ways as to why the pokemanz would be more effective, Leo is understandable though.

You're right, it should work both ways. It also should be optional; for example, I don't think Requiem would be good at fighting any specific type, but he wouldn't be bad at any either (not counting the strengths/weaknesses of his type)

You're right, it should work both ways. It also should be optional; for example, I don't think Requiem would be good at fighting any specific type, but he wouldn't be bad at any either (not counting the strengths/weaknesses of his type)

Lol if we're including new pokemon, he's now super weak to Fairy-types ^^"

I meant without their own types counting. Of course if someone uses a Fairy-type move Requiem's getting quadruple the damage because of his typing. Hm, let me put a specific example:

-Requiem's an Hydreigon, so he's Dragon/Dark. He doesn't have any particular experience fighting any given type. This means that his resistances are the same as in the game; Water-type moves affect him x1/2, and Fairy-types affect him x4, for example.

-Hydreigon n°2, Jazz, has lived near water for a good part of her life, so she has a lot of experience in fighting Water-types; reading them and resisting their moves. This means Water-type moves affect her x1/3, and when one is used against her, her evasiveness is one level higher than if it were any other type. Living near water meant she didn't come in much contact with Fire-types, though, so she's at a loss when fighting one. As a result, her evasiveness is one level lower when attacked by a Fire move, and she gets more easily the Burn status. Other types remain unchanged, so Fairy-type moves still affect her x4.

-Hydreigon n°3, Elegy, saw this weakness of his and decided to do something about it, so he started picking fights with as many Fairy-types as he could. He didn't concentrate in reading his opponents, he just sought to get stronger against them. Eventually, Fairy-type moves only affected him x3. Since the other types remain unchanged, Water-type moves still affect him x1/2, unlike Jazz.

Hope that clears it up ^^ Also, I think these 'specialized types' should only affect the charrie itself (resistances and evasiveness), not the opponents, because it'd be the charrie's lifestyle that allowed them to get these. Well, only if you guys want to add this and Talon doesn't have objections. Like I said, it's just an idea to allow for more individualization.

Edited by Puredark006

Eeh I think it's a cool idea but I don't know if that's ever going to come into play for my characters...so yeah it should probably be optional. But hey it's up to you.

Also on a mostly unrelated note I just imagined a character who carries an odd keystone around and constantly bickers with the spiritomb inside it.

Agatha's father was a Spiritomb, but she's never met him.

Let's just say his first, last, and only visit to the hidden village ended with Allen's father dragging him off to hell, and leave it at that.

Well on Leo's team I think everyone's waiting for Tiramisu...

Gah what's the etiquette for advancing while another group is stuck? I feel like I should wait a bit and post as both my characters but. Bluh.

Also Toxic is one of those weird moves, isn't it? Every Pokemon (except, like, Magikarp and Tynamo) can learn it via TM so does that mean that every Pokemon has the potential to secrete the exact same extremely poisonous substance? Which is kind of creepy.

Someone made a comic about it, actually.

Pi, Leo and the others are actually a few days ahead 'cause Talon did a small timeskip to give us a surprise, so I don't think we'll catch up to them unless we also do a timeskip (probably after reuniting with Bec) or we go on a record-breaking posting spree

We should wait for Marcus, though, since Haldor is right there with us

Edited by Puredark006

Ahh sorry, if I haven't posted and you people are posting a lot and i;m not just pretend Haldors on auto-dig. Ill post in a bit biggrin.gif

Oh my gosh Atto and Zagan are gonna be best friends forever now aren't they

Also yeah I saw that comic before! It's what got me thinking about the Toxic thing, actually. Heh, Rare Candy Treatment.

They do seem to get along real good xd.png Oh! And Atto can teach him Double Team! If Zagan has that, plus his Detect Band, plus Night Daze spam, it's gonna be near impossible to hit him~

BTW I need one of those guys who make pokes remember moves, I want Nasty Plot instead of Imprison >_<

Alright, I've got a list of stuff I need to do that you guys may kick me in the butt if I don't do, okay? X'D

1. Post as

Tiramisu ___

Reed ___

Cas ___

2. Make a full character bio for Cas - Done, completely filled out Fenris and Pellinore's as well

3. Clean out the characters section / PM inactive people - Done (severely inactive peoples' bios cleaned out, inactive people PMed and their characters' bios highlighted in purple - will appear once I'm done editing the post)

4. Work out exactly how battle mechanics will work for moves like Pain Split (i.e., should we put in brackets when Pokemon are low on health, paralyzed, etc.?) - I figure that (unless you guys have a better idea for this), we'll just play it by ear. If the Pokemon's weak or paralyzed or the like I think it might be easy to tell by the post... We could have it so we make a note of a Pokemon being weak in action brackets, but I feel like that might be a pain for all of us. ^^; The first major battle will really be a test drive for how we'll handle major battles.

5. Prepare location data for the upcoming two or three places - Done! Shadow Tag, if you'd like a heads-up for the upcoming dungeon you may take a look at the locations post (is it safe to assume Leo knows the area around Foggy Forest fairly well?). Team Atto, Haldor, and Zagan, check out the locations post anyway because I love you. I'm afraid you only have hints to the next dungeon, also because I love you. >:D

6. I HOPE YOU LIKE CARBINK.

(7. Maybe make a map and guide to which Legendaries are captured, where they are, etc??? - Map is still a work in progress, a list of Legendaries and Background Characters has been put in the Characters post)

I'll try to get 1-6 done this weekend guys! ^w^ As usual, if I've forgotten to update some part of your bios or anything, just pop me a PM~

Well it seems like you guys like the idea of specialty types, so I'd be glad to implement it! It'll be optional, and for every type your Pokemon is better at fighting they have to also be worse at fighting another type. Is that okay? (Just PM me the types and why they're specialties and I'll add them to the bios!)

@Pi: (about the character with the Odd Keystone) oh my gosh I'd love to see a character like that, haha! That sounds amazing~

(about the advancing while another group is stuck) You guys can go ahead as far as you'd like; Leo's group will shortly be held up just a bit more by a particularly late surprise, heheh~

@Sailing: Ah. O_o Dragging him to hell.... That must've been an interesting day in town....

*yawns* ahh I had two midterms today... This does not make for a restful Talon, so please excuse me if I don't sound as enthusiastic as usual...

EDIT: I updated the rule post with Specialty Types! If there are any objections, feel free to voice them!

Edited by TalonCat

Okay.

First of all, I must apologize for not making more than 2-3 posts after joining the RP. The reason why I wasn't posting:

1) I was in other RPs (including outside Dragon Cave), so it was hard to focus.

2) Procrastination.

3) Laziness.

4) Got in the situation of not knowing whether to "magically" remove an item (since I had more than three items), but now I don't have this problem.

Now, feel free to hit me with frying pans with any force and any size of said pans.

When you are done, can you please inform me of current events in RP?

I'm so, so sorry, but since I saw Tangled I wanted to try this *hits with frying pan* *immediately regrets it and starts tending to injury*

Let's see let's see; there have been two mayor changes to character bios: specialty move and specialty types. To quote Talon,

You may choose ONE Specialty Move. A Pokemon may replace it if they practice another move enough (This requires a PM to me). Specialty moves are stronger than other moves in an attribute that you may decide (ex: spread, power, versatility, accuracy, etc.), AND may be unique-looking.

You should look at the other bios to get some examples and pick one for Ruphus.

Specialty types isn't implemented yet (haven't seen it in the first post), and it's something we just decided recently, so check the last page from here so you can start thinking about it while Talon gives us the green light.

About the plot, there was a Latios in the plaza. What happened was basically this;

Latios: My suggestion would be to enlist the help of the Lake Spirits, and to afterwards seek Kyurem's guidance. Seek Kyurem's guidance... very, VERY carefully. *leaves*

The rest: yay adventures!!!

Agatha (Mismagius): Not if I can help it! *kidnaps Pichu*

The rest: Oh noes!

So she kidnapped a Pichu and went away, and a huge group of pokes went after her. In the end she used her Reviver Seeds so she ran away, and Leo (Meowth) returned with a new fanboy. Anyway, after the Agatha business Leo put Red (Zigzagoon) and Alteria (Altaria) to the test and accepted them in his Rescue Team. Then we all started deciding what to do and agreed on splitting up;

Leo, Red, Alteria, Tiramisu (Meowth) and Bree (Reuniclus) decided to go after Uxie. They're in a forest, and a few days ahead after what happened at Laos. Sorry, I don't remember if Fenris, Pell or Cas are with them ^^" I think Cas was? The Dusknoir?

Haldor (Shiny Steelix), Zagan (Zoroark, disguised as Riolu) and Atto (Scolipede) decided to go after Mesprit. They're currently underground, following Haldor as he's using Dig. They just set from Laos the morning of that day, so they're a little in the past.

Agatha and Reed (Smeargle) went their separate way, but in the same direction as Leo's group, because Reed told her he knew where Allen, Agatha's love interest that had disappeared, might be. They're a little ahead of Leo's group now.

Requiem (Hydreigon) also went after Leo's group, and is a little behind. Right now he's on his own, using Fly and seeing if he can find them

So, to insert yourself into the story, just pick a group ^^ And welcome back!

Welcome back Tron! ^w^ And thank you Puredark for helping update him! (And it's Cas that's with Leo's group.)

Alright, all updates are on my previous post, so you guys can check that out if you'd like~ (And I would highly suggest that you do, but 's your life y'know? Lots of cool stuff over there~) Assuming I have time tonight (which I believe I will) I'll go ahead and post tonight and that'll be that.

I believe that a map is in order since I at least know I'm getting confused direction-wise (but nothing new there haha), so I'll see if I can scrape something together soon. ^w^

Oh oh, and also, if anyone would like to propose place names I would be completely open to it! With everything so far I just kind of named it the first thing that came to mind ... Like the name of a country near Thailand! X'D Character names I can come up with just fine, place names? Not so much. "The Straits of Hrigathar" isn't a very Pokemon-y name, haha~ So yeah, any help would be appreciated!

...So. How you doin'? xd.png I haven't chatted in a bit.

CAAAAAAARRRRBINK

Eeeeeeeeee everything is great o u o I would recommend a place name generator but it seems most place names in the series are just actual descriptive words smushed together. So shrug.

*puts a tiny frying pan in particle accelerator and shoots it at Tron*

^^; I'll probably have a post up by tomorrow night! I've got it about 4/5ths done so far, so there should be no reason to have it up~