TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

I'm probably not going to be very active for a few days; I'm moving into college on Thursday, going to a convention Friday to Sunday, coming back Monday, and starting classes on Tuesday. This is gonna be crazy blink.gif

Also, Taloncat - how should I do Red getting her bag? Should I assume that at least one local shop sells bags? Or would she have to get an official rescue bag thing from the rescue team federation now that Leo's written to them? (Until then she's keeping things in her hat pocket xd.png)

Edited by reddan

Have fun and study hard!

I decided to do some serious calculations for the multipliers for Leo's Fury Swipes.

The base power of FS is 18.

Pretty lousy right? But Leo gets STAB and Technician boost, and it hits anywhere from two to five times.

Base X STAB X Tecnician = equivalent base power

18 X 1.5 X 1.5 = an equivalent base power of 40.5, or the same as an unboosted scratch attack.

But Fury Swipes never hits just once.

Two hits would have a total power of 81, and that's only the minimum damage done.

A full five hits would have a total power of 202.5

That's just a little more power than using Self destruct! blink.gif

And Leo has a one in 5 crit chance from the scope lens.

A crit doubles the damage done by a move, and the odds are very high that Leo would score at least one crit if Fury swipes hits more than three times

so if fury swipes hits five times, and crits at least once, that's an equivalent base power of 243. Just shy of EXPLOSION. ninja.gif

Getting hit by Leo's fury swipes is like being hit by a bomb.

Finally, the upper limit of possible damage that Leo can cause, (5 hits, all crits very rare, but possible) would have an equivalent base power of 405

With that said, from now on, whenever I have Leo use Furey swipes, I'm going to have TalonCat decide the number of hits, and if any of those hits are crits. This is too much power for me to use at my own whim.

Seriously, it's that scary. Let's hope nobody ever decides to use helping hand with him.

So now Leo is a Ninja Cowboy Shinigami Hulk. tongue.gif

Holy Arceus O_o

Goal for this RP: have Leo in a team with a Cherrim that knows Helping Hand, in sunny weather. That would boost the power to 455.625 for all five hits without a critical. Every critical would add 91.125 to that number. And there's a 67.232% chance he lands at least one

Don't multihit moves have way higher power in Mystery Dungeon and like way lower accuracy? I almost died to so many Cacturnes with Pin Missile you don't even know.

Oh my gosh Leo really is a shinigami run run run

And I trust you, Sailing. xd.png Leo's the sheriff; if he's got Magnezone around his paw, then surely he's shown some pretty amazing skills.

Aaaah, school.

@LegendofKorraFan: I'm sorry to hear that... ;A; We'll miss you! And you can come back anytime if you like, too!

@Reddan: Hmm... I think she can get an official Rescue Federation bag, if Sailing wouldn't mind. Maybe they have a few at the Post Office for newly registered team members? (Also, you can't have two held items, so when I update the bios I'll just add whichever item you choose to your normal items slot, kay? ^^)

I have 3 words for you though: Skill Link Cloyster. Skill link makes multihit moves hit 5 times always, so with Icicle Spear it has a 100 accuracy STAB 125 power move. Not even counting the chance for a crit. Shell Smash with Focus Sash on the first turn and you basically mow everything down.

Still, disregarding crits, Fury Swipes has an average base power of 54. It just...has the potential to be really epic.

But of course, none of it can match the pure horrifying unstoppable power of a shuckle using defense curl, power trick, and rollout, while holding a metronome. (the item)

I'm trying to wait a bit before Atto manages to get back ;-; He's fast and all but I don't think he could run to the next town and back in like two minutes. And I don't know what to do with Bree aaaaaaa

Well I guess I could post as Atto and imply that everyone waited for several minutes for him to return...?

Ooh, okay then. I suppose her oran berry is her held item ^^"

She'll go to the post office when she's unsuccessful at the shops then ^^

Gonna leave Zagan's post at that 'cause I can't think of anywhere else to end it. If we don't do a time-skip I'll try smoothing it out

*is hoping for time-skip*

I'm voting for a timeskip! My characters are poor and don't have anything to do :P

Quite a few people seem to be missing (Haldor, Mister Buggles, Ruphus, Rena and Cobalt)...and hey Talon are Reed and Tiramisu still somewhere :o

I think everyone but Marcus is ready then.

Oh, Puredark, I just thought of something. When Agatha meets Requiem, all hell's gonna break loose. Why? Because Agatha commands shadows with her Shadow Sneak, and is immune to Earth power.

...Requiem's gonna seriously have a panic attack

And if Agatha does something so it looks like Leo and/or the others are the ones causing it, so help them Requiem's gonna spam all the offensive moves until he calms down or is knocked out. Insta-fear-rampage, just add shadows

Gah sorry, got like, the states biggest exams going on at the moment plus a play script and musical songs and stuff i have to memorize but I'm here! And if it hasn't already happened I'd vote for a time skip!

...Requiem's gonna seriously have a panic attack

And if Agatha does something so it looks like Leo and/or the others are the ones causing it, so help them Requiem's gonna spam all the offensive moves until he calms down or is knocked out. Insta-fear-rampage, just add shadows

On a related note, We still don't know which group Requiem is going with. I'd assume Leo's?

It'd depend on if he sees Red or Tiramisu first, so since Tiramisu's missing I guess he'll follow Red around

Puredark: Don't worship me. It's a bad idea. I am an elder god from the depths of the ocean. There will be consequences.

So there are two groups, Atto/Zagan/Haldor and...basically everyone else? Welp sure why not

Is Agatha just planning to...stalk Team Shadow Tag from a distance or something?