InariRoku

Avera, Land of Heroes and The Fallen

Alura woke up after a dream. The dream was about something calling Alura. Alura got out of her home and flew to the skies. In her dream she saw something that looked like Bryen Grotter. She knew it would be dangerous but she faced her fears and flew towards Bryen Grotter.

Malifica's sky glow darkened until it was gone all together, and slowly opened both her eyes. She got up and stretched her legs, stiffened from sitting so still for so long.

"Nothing from my ancestors this time," she told herself, "but it was relaxing." She enjoyed the lovely scenery of the peaceful forest while it lasted. The moon seemed to almost be at it's zeneff. It will be midnight soon.... I might as well get back to Himmelen. The magi dragon began walking out of Reir. There isn't exactly enough room under these trees to take off into the skies, so it looks like I will need to go by land

Akasha was tired of today. She sat on the banks of the nearby hot springs, stirring the water with a single claw. Her friends were with their families today, the Reunion Day was here. She had no family, so she was all alone today. She brought a few emeralds along with her, throwing them in. Oh was she bored. No one in the Byren Grotter really liked her, they just automatically assumed she was too stuck-up for friends. As Princess Akasha, this was a typical response. But she was different, even if no one would accept that. Hmph. I do wish someone would come along. Reunions are boring for me. And then, I feel lonely. She looked up, sun shining on her scales, causing strange patterns on the ground. "If anyone's there, please come out. I hate surprises."

(Gonna add random Nocturnes to interact with ya'll.)

"HALT." A pair of Nocturne gaurds approached Alura. "State your business here in Bryen Grotter!" The strongest of the two commanded, stepping forward menacingly.

"As do we." A tall Nocturne female replied to Akasha, a group of five nocturne hatchlings behind her, as well as two other adult females. "We scheduled for these hot springs today, not that the owner actually heeds our will over his own desire for money. Please retrieve your emeralds from the pool and leave so the young can relax in knowing we are not near a potential enemy."

"A potential enemy? Is that what you see of me? And reserving this hot spring?" Akasha turned away from the family, getting up slowly. "Never heard of such a thing, madame. I've never been told to leave before." She stretched her wings, a glorious sight. Then she turned towards the Nocturnes. "So tell me. Why are you here to bother me?" Reserving the hot springs? Are dragons this desperate to get rid of me? Wow. A new personal low on your part, society. Akasha looked among the Nocturnes, searching for an answer.

"Of course not Princess." The adult females straightened before assuming an offensive position. Out of the hatchlings, there were two with wings, two with the makings of wing stubs, and one with no signs of wings at all. The winged hatchlings began to growl as Akasha spread her wings, irritated at the sight of them. One of the two with beginnings to wings, gasped in surprise at something so beautiful, the other flinching in fear. The last one, the youngest with no wings to speak of began to cry in a whimpering fashion as it huddled in a defensive position, looking away. From what Akasha would never have the honor of knowing. Could have been out of fear, the light of the gold from Akasha's wings, or perhaps pain? The pain of knowing he'd never be as glorious as she, he'd never shimmer or shine in the light. He'd never be able to watch a sunrise without freezing immediately as the light touched him. Ah, the foolishness of the young, he'd one day learn outward appearance is meaningless to them, and only to them, as they couldn't ever be blessed to recieve it even if they did care.

Akasha watched as the female Nocturne took an offensive position. "You still haven't told me yet, Nocturne. And I would appreciate it if you didn't mock my title, because after all, you are only a peasant." Her light blue eyes flashed a bright blue momentarily. She watched the hatchlings' different reactions, finally coming to rest on the non-winged hatchling. She felt a twinge of sympathy for it. Glancing back at the hot springs, she lazily stretched out again, lying on her belly. The water lapped against the tips of her claws.

The adults growled. "We do not adhere to your frivilous titles! We are literally here for the hotspring. These little ones have been working hard and some have gotton their first scars of victory! It is only right we allow something to soothe their skin like our mothers and fathers did for us! Do not be foolish princess, we will not hesitate to attack." As if on cue, as soon as the little ones heard the word attack, they began to take offensive position, the winged ones immediately. The barely winged ones, sluggishly, but with practice showing in their stance. The one without wings hesitantly uncoiled from itself, taking a very sloppy stance, bearing it's small teeth uncertaintly, but it was in vain as he had begun to lose his baby teeth so his puny growl seemed comical.

"Frivolous titles?" Akasha looked at them, questioning if they were sane. "You plan to take on me, Princess Akasha, with your hatchlings? I do not accept this. You can still enjoy the hot springs while I am here." Getting up, she placed her eyes on the level of the smallest hatchling. "This one, I quite like. Reminds me of a diamond, covered in rock." Akasha straightened, looking at the Nocturnes. "I don't have any quarrel with the hatchlings, or your histories." She flicked her tail, agitated. "I have the same right as you do to enjoy these hot springs."

"Three battle hardened Nocturnes against one Wyvern isn't exactly amazing odds for you Princess The hatchlings don't need to see you torn apart, neither do we need them to fight, but we will." The eldest hatchling snapped a roar as she went near the tiny one. "Do not insult us Princess. If you truly have no quarrel with us, leave and grant us peace of mind!" One of the adult females whispered something to the other, until the chain of whispers had reached even the hatchlings, they seemed to brighten at whatever was said, seeming to relax. The smaller of the adults flew off, for what reason Akasha wouldn't know.

(Sorry they're so other dragon racist, but they're nocturnes, only they are cursed to turn idle when the sun is up. )

Edited by Limn

Malifica continued her way to get out of the forest of Reir, only to get out of it on the Bryen Grotter side. She hadnt noticed this, possibly from the eye-catching environment that distracted her from knowing where she truly was. she took a few long strides, until she snapped back into focus and realised where she intruded. i better get out of here before they see me she thought, and turned around

"Halt!" A gruff, deep male voice commanded from behind, as a female nocturne flew down infront of Malifica. "What is your business in Bryen Grotter?" The nocturne female looked the Magi dragon over, pausing over her scar. "A terrible place for a scar magi." She said, her professional voice tainted with pity.

"Oh, I'm not leaving anytime soon. I'd prefer if you found some other hot spring." Akasha stepped closer to the lead female, eye to eye with her. "I dare you to even try and hurt me. " She turned and looked up at the sky. "I'd hate to ruin your hatchlings memories, the bloodthirsty Princess Akasha, killing your parents. Sorry my dears." She flicked her claw across the rock, sparks flying. "You are all talk. No bite. Battle hardened my foot." She flicked her tail across the surface of the water, sending sparkling water onto the rocks.

Edited by Moka_Akashiya

Malifica stopped, and turned back around, facing the nocturne. She was about to replie when the nocturne commented about her scar. Her scar over her heart, something she doesn't want to remember. Her owl feathers that she wears around her neck only covers half of her scar, the scar she created on herself. The comment made her flinch, before replying.

"It is a strange place for a scar," the magi lied, her eyes avoiding the nocturne's eyes, until she spoke again, "i was just in the forest of Reir, and was coming out until i realised i walked in on Byren Grotter territory." In other words, Han territory

"Oh dear. Oh gosh. I. Am. So. Tired." Tsu' huffed and puffed as he veered downward. "Why are we going to slow?" Tsunami landed abruptly, eye lids flickering as he wobbled around.

"We haven't had anything to eat in DAYS! And you think you're tired and hungry. You poor thing." Kettei growled, spiraling downwards, halting madly and hit the floor with his claws.. but it was a forest floor. "We're going to need to hunt if we are to continue." He hissed, not paying attention at that time to his surroundings.

"Geez, we weren't even going in the right direction?! Where are we right now, stupid?!" Tsu' yowled as he pulled out a huge map of Avera.

Kettei shrieked as he looked up, glaring at the bluesang, tail lashing back and forth. He was going nuts. This just goes to show what hunger and sleep deprivation can do to young, developing dragons and beings. "I Hate you. I officially hate you. Why are we in a forest?!"

"I WAS HUNGRY!" Tsu' spat.

"You can eat my scale-y butt you.. you butt." Kettei hissed. Why were they in a forest? A big one, too.

"I'm still hungry."

"SHUT, UP!"

Malifica thought she could hear voices from inside the forest of Reir, very loud and annoyed voices.

"I'm sorry but im leaving now," Malifica said, and flew away from Byren Grotter and the nocturne. Her body barely skimmed the ground, with her feathered accessory flying behind her, as she headed back into Reir, following the noises. Two dragons sounds like, fighting

"So be it." The leader snarled, lunging at Akasha, her claws set to injure, not kill, she needed to put this princess in her place. The other adult began to circle around the two, ready to strike at any moment. The hatchlings on the other hand, weren't quite sure what to do. They held their offensive stances, they wanted to fight, but they knew they'd only get in the way.

(Remember the whole Godmodding thing, even if these are NPC's this still applies.)

Zaaif stood silent, her eyes scanning the mountian, her eyes focusing on a approaching Nocturne. She whistled, her partner immediately coming to her aid. "Glen, take my place I'm going to see whats up." She whispered, before lifting herself off the ground, flying towards the nocturne. Zaaif was surprised to see Lace without one of her charges.

"Clash of Pride." Lace's voice was feminine, but the harsh emphasis was not lost in the sound. Lace twisted around and began to dash back to the hot springs. Zaaif went back, gave the message to her partner Glen, as insurance, and doubled back, catching up to Glen easily. She knew she needed more information in an attempt to resolve the interaction between another dragon.

"Now, Lace, tell me exactly what happened."

Akasha watched with a calm gaze as the mother attacked her, claws not aiming to kill. Only injure. Akasha summoned the smallest thing that came to her at that moment. With a small noise, she shrunk into a small gray mouse and clambered up the back of the Nocturne. "Hee hee." she squeaked, then dove off into the hot spring. "Princess princess, faster than the dragon. Swimming through the hot springs, because the mother's really lagging!"

The leader growled, what sort of devilry was this? "are you showing your true colors you- vermin..." The leader watched in silence, more confusion than anger filling her as the hatchlings dove after the mouse. The winged hatchlings began to chatter about catching the prey, swimming towards Akasha. The others seemed to splash around uselessly, not very well versed in swimming.

Akasha stopped in the middle, the hatchlings after her. Suddenly, she decided to play around with the hatchlings. She changed back into her dragon form and splashed sparkling water everywhere as her wings spread. "Hello again. You like my trick, my dear?" She shook her head and fixed her gaze on the mother. "Having second thoughts calling me vermin?"

"Go hunt for yourself if your that hungry, Tsu'!" Kettei hissed. "Your the bigger and stronger one!" Kettei leered around, glancing at a silent forest, besides hearing the huge dragon's breathing next to him. Tsunami plopped down on the floor, looking at Kettei, flicking his tongue out at the pygmy as a joke.

"You know, you'd make a good snack.."

"SHUT UP TSU'!" Kettei shrieked. "Eat cricket!"

"Never tried one."

"Actually, that might be a good idea. For you at least." Kettei stuck his nose up into the air, then blinked. Crickets were everywhere around them! He singled out the sounds one at a time to find the biggest one by the deepest voice.

He smiled wide when he stuffed the cricket into the bluesang's mouth as he spit out in disgust.

"YUUUUUUUUUCK!"

"WAIT! Shh.. what was that?"

"What was what?"

"I heard something."

"You hear everything."

"We're not alone."

The hatchlings were immediately in panic, the less qualified swimmers beginning to show signs of losing the ability to fight against the waves of water coming from the sudden weight of the adult dragon from within the hot spring. The lead female whistled, the hatchlings immediately fleeing from the hot springs as they began to cease their confused panic. "Of course not Princess, the hatchlings along with your illusionary confused me." (which reminds me, isn't transforming taxing for your character? =/)

The second female gathered the hatchlings, her glare ever on the princess as she overlooked the hatchlings for constricted breathing, which none showed signs of to her relief.

It was easy following the sound of the dragons, they were shouting very loud. Soon the sound of crickets started to drown out the sound of the dragons, but still clear. Malifica found the spot, and laid hidden as she listened. She had to giggle a little as she watched the pygmy stuff a cricket into the mouth bluesang's mouth. Then she realized that she had been heard.

"Well, you're right, your not alone," Malifica said as she came out of her hiding spot.

The seawyrm's mouth opened wide.

"How did you find us? And who are you? And what's going on?" He tried to look as fierce as possible, but he couldn't. The little pygmy just rested on the head of the bluesang.

"We were really loud." Tsu's eyes looked up to meet Kettei's, who was on top of his head.

"True. But I didn't notice."

"But you said true. Which means you did."

"Not necessarily!" Kettei squeaked.

"Pretty much."

"Shut up!"

Then the two instantly remembered the dragon was there, and looked at her quickly, pretending nothing was happening.

"What's up?" Kettei grinned.

"You can't just go around asking everyone what's up. You have to be like, 'Hello, what's your business here today?' or whatever." Tsu' growled.

"Hello, what's your business here today?" Kettei mimicked.

Malifica couldnt stop giggling. you dont see dragons this funny around these places anymore

"Well, i was in this forest earlier, accidentally walked into Byren Grotter territory, and now im back here following your shouts," she explained, "and i take that you guys are here for hunting?"