SPQR

Astrology

virgo here! i'm a fan of astrology and look into it occasionally, but don't really let it have any say in my life

I'm a Sagittarius sun, Virgo moon, and Sagittarius rising.

I've always acted exactly as a Sagittarius should, but I could never understand some aspects of my personality (such as my inquisitive nature and how I could go from wild and angry to instantly mellowing out and being cool and collected). Then I discovered my Virgo moon, and it made a lot more sense.

I take astrology pretty seriously, personally. Every time I meet someone new (a new friend or a new boyfriend), I check their sign against mine, and things usually fall into place. I use it to help strengthen my relationships with others, and I've been hugely successful. But I never say "Oh wow, this person is a Scorpio, and I've had a horrible run-in with Scorpios in the past; I should stay away from them." I don't use it as a basis for initially making friends or judging people. smile.gif

I would also like to point out that I have the same sun and moon as Nicki Minaj and Keith Richards. Fun fact. (I'm really proud of this).

Does anyone here have knowledge when it comes to astrological aspects? I think they're the most interesting thing about astrology, since they're like an in-depth analysis of what a person is like. If you're familiar with them, what is your favorite aspect? I would say mine are Jupiter conjunct the ascendant and the neptune and venus trines to my moon.

My first response in this thread was rather brief. Since I have some spare time for leisure reading, I decided to read on some specifics regarding my zodiac sign. I used the first link in the first post.

My signs are: Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Virgo, and Rising in Aries.

The description for the sun sign was on point. Meanwhile, the descriptions for moon sign and the rising sign were so-so. Only half of the descriptions were right and the other half were contradictory to some of the descriptions for the sun sign.

Interesting. Okay, back to business.

My first response in this thread was rather brief. Since I have some spare time for leisure reading, I decided to read on some specifics regarding my zodiac sign. I used the first link in the first post.

My signs are: Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Virgo, and Rising in Aries.

The description for the sun sign was on point. Meanwhile, the descriptions for moon sign and the rising sign were so-so. Only half of the descriptions were right and the other half were contradictory to some of the descriptions for the sun sign.

Interesting. Okay, back to business.

Have you tried reading some of the other descriptions for the signs?

I feel like I like mine, but I can also pull stuff from other descriptions that I can relate to.

I don't believe in star signs, I think they're a load of bull, personally.

for instance, I fall under the libra category, and apparantly that means I'm quiet, and reasonable?

Yeah, right. totally. I say with a voice dripping with venomous sarcasm. I'm the most unreasonable loudmouth there is at times.

And simple? far from it. I take that as an insult!

Aquarius sun

Libra moon

Pisces ascending

Sagittarius midheaven

Scorpio Mars

Gemini Venus

and that's all I remember off the top of my head haha. I literally have no earth on my chart.

Edited by Qwackie

Have you tried reading some of the other descriptions for the signs?

I feel like I like mine, but I can also pull stuff from other descriptions that I can relate to.

Yes, I read all the descriptions for all the signs. ^^ The Natal Chart Report was rather long so I only discussed the main three signs (Sun, Moon, and Rising) that everyone seems to mention over the others. But likewise, it was only the description for the sun sign that was on point. I could pull stuff from other descriptions that I could relate to as well but only a little.

A section on my Mercury sign discussed how I am diplomatic, hate being alone and have a lot of friends while the whole section on my Venus sign discussed how I am very romantic and live for relationships! I got a good chuckle out of this. In reality, I am rather aloof, very solitary, and certainly aromantic. ^^

Apparently Libra women are supposed to be feminine when it comes to romance, not stubborn, and respectful to their man (Example: Not going through personal mail). Well that's not's me, considering I'm nosy, stubborn, and I don't care about guys at all.

the whole x rising y in moon thing really confuses me like ppl can have multiple signs? idk i prefer just cancer

No one's posted in here since 2016....so I will!  Astrology is really important to me, and actually curves my anxieties and self-conscious outlook on my life. I have previously spent hours looking into different websites about my sign alone! I feel all that dwells in and beyond the night sky is very important. 

I'm a Virgo sun, Libra moon, and Capricorn rising. 

Also, it isn't really that people have multiple signs, but it's just more a way to describe different aspects of ourselves. And it's actually not as arbitrary as one might think! It's pretty cool, I think!

The way I like to describe it to other people is like this:

- Your Sun sign is the sign that you would reply with when asked "What's your sign?", it is your personality and the core of your ego. Your friends see this sign in you.

- Your Moon sign represents your emotions, your deep inner self. Your very best friends and lovers see this sign in you.

- Your Rising sign is how you react to the world. It is basically your "auto-pilot". Strangers will see this sign in you.

There are plenty more astrological charts and graphs, but whether or not you decide they are important is up to you entirely. There are websites out there that will allow you to calculate them, but I can't find it just now.

https://www.astrosofa.com/horoscope/ascendant Here, you can calculate all three of your Sun, Moon, and Rising signs though! 

Wow, I replied to this thread two years ago and my replies are just on this same page and on the previous one. It is as if I went back in time. Just like two years ago, I still don't consider horoscopes as fact but I do get amusement out of it. However, when I read my Chinese horoscope for the current lunar year, it almost had me believing (and clicking the link for cures). 😅

Predictions.jpg.40d2431e586d7db753541aa31c37dc30.jpg

I was experiencing one misfortune after another and I was in awe of how it was even possible to be this unlucky. It was all so strange and too frequent that it was as if the universe was doing all this to me on purpose. My dearest beloved dog, whose name was Lucky, was euthanized after two weeks of struggling with sudden late-stage distemper and of me spending for all her vet bills and medications. I was so broken. She was the first dog I raised and trained by myself.  She was my company during the six months when I had depression and just stayed at home back in 2016. I got very feverish a day after she died. My mother suspected that it was because of the bites I sustained when I tried to feed her and give her medicine during the last two days of her life. Even if Lucky was vaccinated for rabies, I started getting shots for rabies as well, just to be on the safe side. So by now, I had spent a fortune on my dog's medical bills and my medical bills. Less than a week had passed after the death. I was on my way home. It was around 2 to 3am. I had been working 12 to 16 hours at work during the first quarter since it's the busiest time of the year for my industry. I was really tired and I didn't know how it happened but at one point, I looked down at my bag to see it zipped open and my wallet was missing. I had been carrying a lot of cash for my next shot and now it was gone, together with all my debit cards, credit cards, and identification cards. I was so broke at that point that my mother had to give me some money so I could commute to work for the next few days.

Coincidentally, the CEO and I started having a falling out within the month. I lost all respect for her because of the way she treated people. (There was one time when she was respectfully requested to refrain from her habit of harshly berating employees since it seemed to trigger the anxiety of an employee. In response, she just said that she owned the company and would do as she pleased and that people should leave if their health couldn't handle it.) I got on her bad side for speaking my mind on how displeased I was about her treatment of people. (It was a feeble attempt to get her to rethink her ways.) Consequently, one of the nasty, petty things that she did to get back at me was to attempt to discredit me to our clients and coworkers. It is a long, miserable story that continues to this very day. I've grown weary of her tireless bullying though, so I'm leaving soon. 

Anyway, the similarities of how my life turned out to be so far this year and how my life is going to be for the rest of the year according to my horoscope are uncanny but amusing, aren't they?

Did Túrin Turambar rub his luck on me?

Can someone brew me a year's supply of Felix Felicis?

Did somebody steal the skeleton key from Nocturnal?

Excuse me for the silly post. 🙃

Edited by Natevaelle

I think the whole thing is nonsense, as it seems kind of unlikely that the positions of stars and your date of birth somehow magically go around affecting/predicting events. Accurate predictions can probably be explained by their vagueness and the fact that given so many people who have heard of it, it's likely that some will coincidentally get matching results, or possibly even subconsciously try and fit events to the stuff they believe.

Long ago, about 1983 or so, My (now-ex) wife and I lay on a blanket in our front yard around 1-3am in the morning, moving around as necessary to view the different constellations while using a star map.  That night, we found and named a total of 28 constellations...  I am Virgo and she is Capricorn...

I’m both pretty skeptic and also marginally interested in astrology. Humans have a pretty intense desire to know ourselves and give words to what we are, and we’re really good at finding patterns where there are none. That being said my sun sign has always accurately described me and my moon sign and my ascendant signs are also weirdly spot on. I’ve spent a lot of time in therapy putting a finer point on what I consider to be the more difficult parts of my personality and the more I do that the more I see my moon sign in myself?

Like it’s probably bull**** but it’s helpful and descriptive bull**** so I don’t feel particularly bad about coopting the terminology as a shorthand for self truths.

I’m a Cancer with my moon in Gemini and a Taurus ascendant. Water, air, earth, good mix of traits. Trying to remediate that tendency for over emotionality and sensitivity, always searching, always curious, never satisfied, but patient and strong enough to get through it.

It’s the best unprovable thing.

Edited by Marrionetta

I'm a raging two-faced Machiavellian who's going to take over the world with fluffy puppies.

Gemini sun, Aquarius rising, moon in Aries. Icy flame, with a secretly sensitive side. I think it suits me.

I tend to gravitate toward other air signs. (What do you call a gathering of Libra, Aquarius, and Gemini? MENSA. 🤣) I also get along with watery Pisces really well, for some reason. Probably has to do with my other houses. I especially enjoy being around people who are misunderstood as being cold and distant when they're really giant softies, like me. My Venus is in Cancer, which is why some people have a hard time believing that I'm even a Gemini, because in friendship and love, few are more caring than I.

In Eastern astrology, I'm a Wood Dog. Also suits me incredibly well.

As a witch, mysticist, and otherwise believer in all things magic, I consult astrology pretty often. It is scarily accurate when you take the whole chart into account, not just your sun and ascendant. The sun sign is the core of your being, the ascendant is what stands out about you to others, the moon rules your emotions, etc. If you have even a passing interest in the Zodiac, it's worth it to figure out exactly what all these things mean.

Happy Thanksgiving!

i'm a cap sun gemini moon (cap rising), i really swear by it

i'm neurodivergent and before i got into astrology really (which was a while ago if im being honest), i majorly struggled with being able to understand the intricacies in peoples personalities, but somehow astrology really helped me in being able to attribute different signs to people and be able to understand it like that. and in my experience, its REALLY accurate, esp when you look into the entire natal chart. thats why it helps me so much, because all the planets and interactions among them are so specific to different parts of people, so its really helped me be able to understand those around me much much better. plus, i honestly have a scary talent for guessing peoples sun/moon/rising signs just by the Vibes i pick up from them if ive talked to them/interacted with them for a bit LOL

i think one of my strongest parts of my chart is the fact that my mars is in scorpio, and i love that about myself. i know i have a ton of passion and will, and i love this about myself!

Edited by InvaderAlexis

Lol, I fell into the astrology around 2 years ago and now this thing controls my life (joking!).

I am a Scorpio/Aries/Cancer. Scorpio is my dominant sign, tbh, and my leading element is water, fixed quality.

I love water and fire signs, and I have very tense relations with earth and air ones (had a crush on Aquarius and literally was driving them crazy), since I'm hyper-emotional sometimes.

As for the other aspects of my birth chart, I have Mercury in Scorpio, Venus in Scorpio (which is also retrograde), Mars in Leo, etc. My Midheaven is in Pisces.

I'm a walking contradiction, since I'm very bold and pushy, yet quite sensitive. I'm very serious, but I have a stellium in 5th house, so I spend most of my time having fun. I'm hiding my emotions very often. Almost as often as I complain angrily (my Sun squares Mars). I low-key don't want to care about anyone or anything, but I care a lot instead :"D I have melacholic tendensies and am depressed almost all the time, but I'm also a fighter and don't quit easily. Being me is really hard c;

I think astrology guides me somehow in my everyday life. Sometimes I create birth charts for my friends, even if they didn't ask me to. I like reading descriptions of some placements and looking for astrological moodboards. But the main sourсe of my knowledge is literally Tumblr xD 

Cancer sun/Scorpio moon/Sagitttarius ascendant. 

Usually I see Cancer described as a feminine, maternal/nurturing, and emotional sign. I’m not sure what to make of that; I don’t particularly see it in myself.