SPQR

Astrology

I hope this isn't already a topic, but the Search function's turned off so...

This is a place to discuss astrology! I love astrology (and many other "pseudosciences") and find it interesting and pretty scarily true a lot of the time, though I don't believe in "magazine horoscope astrology".

What's your opinion? Do you swear by it? Do you think it's just for fun? Or do you think it's complete bull? What are your sun/moon/rising etc signs? Discuss away!

For reference, I'm a Leo sun, Aries moon, and Scorpio rising :3

It's pretty spot-on for me!

Interesting links

Natal Chart (finds out all your signs, gives a good explanation of them)

More simple, colour-based natal chart

Zodiac type personalities

Commonly found terms

**If you're not offended by strong language/sarcasm, "**** The Signs Say" is a great Tumblr blog for some astrology humour

I'm a Capricorn. I just think it is fun, I don't really believe in them.

I'm a Pisces Sun, Aquarius Moon, and Sagittarius rising. I'm definitely the Fish. Any body of water or pool around, and you have to drag me out of it. Also have the yin/yang thing going on. I can be the dreamer Pisces one second, and the very practical-feet on the ground-Pisces the next second.

Most of everything else though, I just look at for fun and don't take it too seriously.

eta: I'm a Horse in the Chinese Zodiac smile.gif

Edited by CDM

I'm Virgo Sun, Sagittarius Moon, and Scorpio Ascendant. I would say the information about me is very accurate: responsible, don't like taking orders, struggled between needs and wants and therefore sometimes indecisive, respond to challenges with energy and enthusiasm, you stick up for the underdog, I know what I want.

Just to name a few aspects of my sign.

Capricorn on Western Zodiac, Earth Dragon on Chinese Zodiac and Pirate on Geek Zodiac.

Edited by Shirubia

I'm a Cancer, myself. *pinchpinch* unfortunately, this has led to a few situations where people misunderstand and think I'm saying I actually have cancer. Ono I've never actually seen the moon/sun things added to it before...

I just find it kinda fun, personally.

Edited by Switch

Moi? Ima Cancer. It's surprisingly accurate ._.

On the Chinese Zodiac, I'm an Ox.

I'm an Aries for Western Zodiac and Ox on the Chinese Zodiac. Ox definitely fits me better; I'm obstinate and really quick-tempered which are the defining traits of an Ox, apparently.

Oh, since we're including Chinese zodiac, I'm a Tiger in that one. An earth tiger, I think?

Funnily enough, I've always read that my sign and my sister's signs are natural enemies... Which is very very true. X.x

While I do tend to have Sagatarian traits, in general I'm not a believer of them - most of the time astrology is so vague that any predictions made can be applied to anyone.

I'm a Fire Taurus...Starsign of the Ox and the year of the Ox biggrin.gif

I've only ever had one correct horoscope though. Christmas time "Candy canes are in your future, but don't be too greedy and remember to share." My friend got me a giant candy cane biggrin.gif

I'm a Virgo, and it's somewhat accurate. I don't believe in the "reports" because they almost always have too many contradictions for me. tongue.gif

I am a Gemini, but my birthday's on the border of Taurus! so if I read my horoscope i always read both tongue.gif

If we are also discussing Chinese horoscopes too, then I am an ox. The year I was born in was actually year of the tiger, but because I was born in January, before the Chinese new year, I fall into the animal of the year before, which in this case is the ox.

Sagittarius

Year of the Dragon

I never took astrology seriously until I realised a pattern, strangely, that nearly everyone close to me throughout my life was/is a cancer.

I'm a Capricorn, and I fit a few of the traits, but I don't believe in it. I just think it's fun. Also mergoats are cool.

On the Chinese Zodiac, I'm and Ox. I thought I was a Tiger, but I was born before the Chinese new Year.

Gemini sun, Capricorn moon, Cancer rising.

From what I've read, it seems somewhat accurate, but as always, some things were just completely wrong tongue.gif although I had a laugh, figuring out I was a Capricorn moon, because I only discovered it a few weeks ago but my entire life I've had this strange obsession and attraction to Capricorns.

Oh! Earth Tiger as well. :3

Aquarius sun, Libra moon and Sagittarius rising :3 I'm also a Fire Rat in Chinese Zodiacs and an INTJ personality.

They all fit me well except for the Chinese zodiac.

Im a Saggitarius and an Ox in the Chinese Zodiac. Close enough. I dont mind the predictions or anything, just the funny compatibilities I get between my relatives and friends. Actually, that "special person" I have is a Leo, and it actually goes well with a Saggitarius... o-o

Aquarius sun, Cancer moon and Sagittarius rising. Element is air.

Vedic sign is Capricorn.

I think astrology is AWESOME biggrin.gif

EDIT: I'm a Fire Snake in Chinese. Awesome...always knew I had a connection with snakies. I was almost a horse, but was born in January, so I'm a snake.

Edited by dorsaldragon10

I do actually believe in horoscopes and all of it fits me quite well :3

Sagittarius sun, Aquarius moon, Scorpio rising :] I'm a Chinese dragon too.

I've never really been interested in horoscopes, but I'm a Scorpio. If memory serves, I'm an Earth Horse in the Chinese zodiac, too.