TheGrox

ANSWERED:Raffle Rethink?

Should we increase the number of raffle Prizes given out?  

351 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I still think that making prizes unbreedable would solve the whole problem. Nobody would be jealous anymore if no offspring can be traded. I think PF has the best proof on her scroll.

Excluding Tinsel winners from the raffle is unfair, too, because this years prize is not a Tinsel. The discussion in this thread leads to nothing.

You're dead wrong on this one. I would be infinitely MORE jealous, not less.

What I've always loved about DC is that, unlike many other adoptables sites, you can get everything if you work hard enough. That's already been changed by Old Pinks and Frills being retired, which I find very sad. If even more dragons were added to the eternally exclusive list, then I'd get more and more annoyed, as the game would quickly move from "work hard and collect 'em all" to "lol nope you can't get everything no matter how much you try, deal with it."

luck is definitely part of this game, and if somone is so damn lucky to get two prices - well, maybe they can make a unique lineage that benefits even more players than them. i for one would love to see a 2-bred-tinsel-only stair.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Also if all raffle prizes become HMs I'd withdraw permission for frills to be honest. Permission was given so that those few who loved them so dearly could have them. Not so they could be produced en masse again.

Because giving out 100 semi-sterile ones a year (IF everyone wanted one, which is unlikely) in a population of thousands and thousands of players CLEARLY equals them being produced en masse. Except no. e____e

Frills are cute, but sometimes you really seem to go over the top about how they should be treated.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

if you are concerned about people winning twice, then why aren't you concerned about other people acquiring huge amounts of cb metals while some players only ever get messy ones? *snark*

luck is definitely part of this game, and if somone is so damn lucky to get two prices - well, maybe they can make a unique lineage that benefits even more players than them. i for one would love to see a 2-bred-tinsel-only stair.

At least with CB Metals, they will still drop in the Cave, even if its once in a blue moon. xd.png

I have to admit, that would be a pretty crazy lineage, it makes me think of PB Metals and such.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Then think of it this way.  How outraged would the entire forum be if someone who already had a prize dragon won another one, even if it is a different dragon?  It's still like giving the person running a country's money printing machines [who can take as much as they like] a machine that can make flawless gemstones too.  They already literally have a mint, why should they get even more?

Sure, some people will be happy for them, but I can easily imagine the rest [call them greedy if you like] seeing it as totally unfair that they should have two incredibly rare, incredibly special dragons when other people have none.  I know that I couldn't help being outraged if it happened.

Didn't TJ himself say that "it might cause drama" was a bad reason to make a rule? Eh? Ehhh?

EDIT:

Because giving out 100 semi-sterile ones a year (IF everyone wanted one, which is unlikely) in a population of thousands and thousands of players CLEARLY equals them being produced en masse. Except no. e____e

Frills are cute, but sometimes you really seem to go over the top about how they should be treated.

Except that it still runs counter to the reason I allowed them to be on the HM list to begin with.

Edited by Lythiaren

Ow my actually'd.

Why wouldn't there be HMs drawn? Christmas prize things remain the only way to obtain a CB holly, for instance.

Also if all raffle prizes become HMs I'd withdraw permission for frills to be honest. Permission was given so that those few who loved them so dearly could have them. Not so they could be produced en masse again.

I don't know why they wouldn't be drawn? But I could see the new dragons being drawn for and nothing else considering that it wasn't announced that there would be HM's drawn.

I'm not saying that there won't be for sure, just that there very well could not be. Who really knows the mind of TJ? On occasion he has stated things in the forums or updated something that makes me go O.o

But his site his rules XD I'm just saying I would not be surprised if there were only winners drawn for the new prizes and that is it.

Edited by Reidragon

There are a lot of people who are outraged at metal 'hoarders', I personally see it as sad, since I'm a "share the wealth" kind of person [when they aren't tied up in trades, I gift all the offspring of my CB metals], but since TJ has stated time and again that hoarding doesn't exist, nobody really says much about it any more.

I think that the raffle, as it is now, is fair.

The number of entries you got is based on you participating in the required event. If someone just joined, but goes through all the trouble of doing the recipes, they deserve the entries.

I have 2 nephews, both playing over 2 years, one with a bronze trophy and one with a silver trophy. I don't think the bronze trophy bothered with the cooking; all he did was grab 2 Christmas eggs. The silver trophy didn't even log-on. No entries for them, which is fair.

If I won, I would let people know, but I would be trading a few 2nd gens. Over 4400 dragons on my scroll, and only 1 CB metalic, and no low gen tinsels. After that, I think I would mostly gift, as I know a lot of helpful people who I would love to gift something special to.

Beggars would be blacklisted; nasty beggars would be reported. Polite requests would be honored if possible, as I am sure there would be a lot of them.

I dislike the idea of all the prizes being HMs as well, plus... please don't. There are still people who love frills - If I won a HM (if that's even what's happening this year???), I would choose a frill, even though I have one. I just want to see one grow up again. One of my first four dragons was a frill, when I was new, and I was too stupid to breed it before they were discontinued.

Guys, just because you have something unique doesn't automatically make it a money machine. Yes I have a spriter's alt, but I practially never ask for anything in return. When people ask for an offspring, I let them know where they are in the list. If they ask me if there was anything in peticular I'm intrested in, I let them know. I never demand something in return.

Just because a few people ask for extream prices for their offspring doesn't mean we all do. It is unfair to lump us all together.

Technically, it's still a money machine. You just choose not to use it.

Lyth, I'm not talking about a little drama, I'm talking about the entire forum exploding in outrage. x3
Let them. The fact that people are jerks should have no bearing on the game. That said, I can see people turning them down because of it. Edited by rayden54

Spam removed. Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Then think of it this way.  How outraged would the entire forum be if someone who already had a prize dragon won another one, even if it is a different dragon?  It's still like giving the person running a country's money printing machines [who can take as much as they like] a machine that can make flawless gemstones too.  They already literally have a mint, why should they get even more?

Sure, some people will be happy for them, but I can easily imagine the rest [call them greedy if you like] seeing it as totally unfair that they should have two incredibly rare, incredibly special dragons when other people have none.  I know that I couldn't help being outraged if it happened.

Do you really suggest injustice because people could get angry otherwise? Honestly? Please think about what you are implying here!

If you are a parent you try to teach your children that they DON'T get their way when they throw a temper tantrum. You try to teach your children virtues and values.

And it is these virtues and values that we should try to live by. Everywhere. Even in a silly little game like this.

Excluding people from a raffle because they might possibly not that much interested or active in the game or have already won something in the past is not just and not right. And forum users throwing a temper tantrum does not change it being not just and not right.

Everyone who would rage about someone winning has a problem with themselves. But this is not the winners' fault.

Edited by Sturmschwinge

Just because a few people ask for extream prices for their offspring doesn't mean we all do. It is unfair to lump us all together.

And that's why I do find the idea to exclude previous winners from a raffle ridiculous. How do those who think that would be "fair" know that CB winners don'tz gift some of their 2nd gens? With which right do they assume that a two-time-winner would not gift some of the 2nd gens?

I admit that not everyone will be outraged. But how many people wouldn't secretly be going "if they hadn't won it might have been me, and they already won before!!!"? I admit that greed would probably be the basis of the outrage, even if it is subconscious greed, but that doesn't mean it isn't legit or that it won't happen.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't be thrilled if a previous winner won, and I can't believe I'd be the only one.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't be thrilled if a previous winner won, and I can't believe I'd be the only one.

I will openly admit that I would not be too happy either. That said I don't think they should be excluded from winning as the chances of that happening have got to be like so teeny tiny it is almost impossible.

If they did win twice I'd tell them to go out and buy a lotto ticket as they have CRAZY luck.

I admit that not everyone will be outraged.  But how many people wouldn't secretly be going "if they hadn't won it might have been me, and they already won before!!!"?  I admit that greed would probably be the basis of the outrage, even if it is subconscious greed, but that doesn't mean it isn't legit or that it won't happen.

Yeah but excluding people purely out of fear of a mass temper tantrum, as Sturm said, isn't exactly a good step to take. It teaches people that pitching a fit gets them exactly what they want even if it's at the expense of another person. And as all of us who have "customer service" in our job descriptions know all too well, that mentality is already far too prevalent nowadays. So why is it, aside from the possibility of a bunch of people acting like big immature babies, that we should tell a CB tinsel owner that they're not allowed to own a CB of the new one? Honestly their chance of getting drawn for two prizes is probably akin to their chance of getting struck by lightning twice.

They have the raffle ticket in their hands. Who are we to tell them they can't have it, if their number was drawn?

People will get over it and then in a few months they'll trip over themselves asking for a gen 2 tinsel x newprize. The forum has the memory of a goldfish.

Edited by Lythiaren

I admit that not everyone will be outraged.  But how many people wouldn't secretly be going "if they hadn't won it might have been me, and they already won before!!!"?  I admit that greed would probably be the basis of the outrage, even if it is subconscious greed, but that doesn't mean it isn't legit or that it won't happen.

Plus if there were bunches of rage posts and general outcry and anger, that would be more work for all the mods and TJ to deal with. Which might give TJ another reason to just stop doing these crazy raffles/drawings/general winning neat dragons things.

While I am sad I don't win, I still find the anticipation and doing the events to be fun. The possibility of getting some cool dragon is a plus.

EDIT:

Just to say, after thinking on it I have to say, its unfair to not let the past winners have a chance at a new one. Even if we don't like it. xd.png

Edited by athdaraxen

Do you really suggest injustice because people could get angry otherwise? Honestly? Please think about what you are implying here!

If you are a parent you try to teach your children that they DON'T get their way when they throw a temper tantrum. You try to teach your children virtues and values.

And it is these virtues and values that we should try to live by. Everywhere. Even in a silly little game like this.

Excluding people from a raffle because they might possibly not that much interested or active in the game or have already won something in the past is not just and not right. And forum users throwing a temper tantrum does not change it being not just and not right.

Everyone who would rage about someone winning has a problem with themselves. But this is not the winners' fault.

And the internet is notorious for immaturity. For whatever reason you'd like to give, people seem to act their worst on the internet. How many trolls and spammers act like that in real life? I'm sure they're not pillars of society, but I doubt they're that bad.

And just as some are saying the only fair thing is to not exclude anyone, to me it is only fair if the people who don't have one yet get first dibs. Yes, it may be technically fair to not exclude anyone, but it just doesn't feel fair for someone to win twice when the vast majority haven't won anything at all.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

And the internet is notorious for immaturity. For whatever reason you'd like to give, people seem to act their worst on the internet. How many trolls and spammers act like that in real life? I'm sure they're not pillars of society, but I doubt they're that bad.

And just as some are saying the only fair thing is to not exclude anyone, to me it is only fair if the people who don't have one yet get first dibs. Yes, it may be technically fair to not exclude anyone, but it just doesn't feel fair for someone to win twice when the vast majority haven't won anything at all.

How about instead of winning the new Prize, they get what the HM winners got, one of whatever they wanted, excluding the new Prize.

I have YET to see those with spriter alts use them as money machines so the lable doesn't stick. What I said is true, don't lump us all together with the same mind set.

Spriters Alts are different again. Spriters deserve to be recognised for their awesome work =)

Surely our initial suggestion is in parallel with this, giving older players a slightly increased chance to win is recognising their commitment to DC, because they deserve it.

Surely our initial suggestion is in parallel with this, giving older players a slightly increased chance to win is recognising their commitment to DC, because they deserve it.

No we don't! I would feel really bad if I would win under such circumstances.