CaliSparkles

How often do your socks match?

How often do your socks match?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always match my socks without fail. I've woken up with the intent to mismatch and unconsciously grabbed a matching pair.

I fold mine in pairs and refuse to wear mismatched ones, which my younger sister gives me heck for. o.O

I despise mismatched socks though, so I don't really care.

I mostly depends on what time of year it is. After Christmas they always match because I get so many socks for christmas. But in the fall, they pretty much never match.

It's not intentional, I usually just lose them or they get holes in them.

All my socks are black business socks, but they are all some different variety.... I just hope my students don't notice when one is ribbed and one isn't. >.< They get lost in the wash sometimes.

My socks almost always match however my husbands almost never match lol. He was wearing a blue and a green sock the other day.

I'm genuinely surprised there are so many "nevers", I'd find it too much of a hassle to wear the socks mismatched and hope I happen to find two of the same material structure/thickness (otherwise it would feel weird). So I'm lazy and keep them matched.

Keeping them matched is laziness? For me, mismatching them is laziness.

Rarely. I try to wear socks of the same approximate length just because it's more comfortable, but otherwise, whatever socks are handy. Anyway if it's sock weather I'm usually wearing combat boots anyway.

Mind you, this is when the weather dictates sock wearing. At home or in the summer, I will not wear them unless I have to. Socks are like tiny straightjackets for my feet, and my toes, like my soul, long to be free!

If I'm running around the house I don't care if my socks match, but if I'm going out somewhere, they do every time. lol

The moment I grabbed my pair of socks from the store's giant bin-thing-of-socks, miniscule flecks of skin, dust particles, and microscopic organisms borne from epidermis transferred from one object of matter to the next, bringing with them the change that would forever separate the pair of socks from one another and render them changed, completely different, and utterly unmatching. For no longer did the socks share an unmistakable connection to one another through pure symmetry nor identical fabric weaves; the mere presence of a foreign body and all the things brought with it was enough to alter the physical manifestation of one sock, marring it with a new identity that only the most observant and technically advanced CSIs could acknowledge. Nay, this sock was anything but an equal to its counterpart, no more did it share equivalency in form, my socks...

My socks don't match.

The moment I grabbed my pair of socks from the store's giant bin-thing-of-socks, miniscule flecks of skin, dust particles, and microscopic organisms borne from epidermis transferred from one object of matter to the next, bringing with them the change that would forever separate the pair of socks from one another and render them changed, completely different, and utterly unmatching. For no longer did the socks share an unmistakable connection to one another through pure symmetry nor identical fabric weaves; the mere presence of a foreign body and all the things brought with it was enough to alter the physical manifestation of one sock, marring it with a new identity that only the most observant and technically advanced  CSIs could acknowledge. Nay, this sock was anything but an equal to its counterpart, no more did it share equivalency in form, my socks...

My socks don't match.

I like biggrin.gif

My socks generally match - they need to match at least in style, otherwise it feels weird :S I got fed up of having to rummage through my sock drawer for matching socks every morning so I've now paired all of them and have the lone ones in a separate bag. Perhaps if I ever make it to the bottom of the washing pile, I'll find their mates smile.gif

Omg the battle of the socks. I absolutely have to have my socks match because I am a little bit crazy. I haven't worn mismatched socks in years. At one point I threw away all my socks and bought all new ones all the same style so that any two socks would be a pair. That was long ago. Now I have varying socks again and I have to match them when I do laundry or I will literally tear apart my entire house to find a matched pair. It bothers me way more when they're not the same length or texture than when they're not the same color--my feet have to feel symmetrical or I freak right out.

I think my washing machine is eating my socks--several pairs have one missing and there's nowhere else it could be. I plan to disassemble my washing machine when it becomes convenient because I am that obsessive about matched socks.

My socks always match, except on rare occasion. These occasions are days in which I wear jeans and boots, so no one can see my socks. I go crazy and wear mismatched, brightly patterned, knee-high socks.

I love socks. They are amazing. Fluffy socks, long socks, themed socks... laugh.gif

I'm in college, and I'm bad at doing laundry, so socks get lost and I end up with mismatches all the time. tongue.gif I'd avoid wearing socks, but I don't like the feeling of wearing shoes without them.

It's not that my socks never match, it's that I don't care for them to match. half of them always end up missing or with holes in them so there no way to keep the pairs together.

They're all white with grey toes and heels anyway.

I'm in college, and I'm bad at doing laundry, so socks get lost and I end up with mismatches all the time. tongue.gif I'd avoid wearing socks, but I don't like the feeling of wearing shoes without them.

Not to mention, it's unsanitary as hell.

Mine match... most of the time. And even then, they match because it's my mom that sorts through them.

Mine only ever match in style, such as length, or else my feet feel strange. But they hardly ever match in color and/or pattern, except on that rare chance that I happen to pull out two of the same kind. Mostly, though, I couldn't care less if they matched in color/pattern because my feet will be stuffed in shoes anyway.

Or if I'm in a place where I'm free to take my shoes off, I could care less who around me sees them.

Although, my mother always likes to taunt me for the non-matching sock. I just don't see the point. c:

I dont wear socks unless i:

am at a funeral

At a job interview

Have to stand in snow

am breaking in new shoes

am wearing something where socks make or break the outfit.

Cant stand socks, and hate shoes. lol

I've always worn matching socks except for when I didn't notice that they were different lengths. One was like a half-inch longer than the other.

That would require sorting and folding them.

user posted image

This exactly. tongue.gif I practically never have matching socks. And if I do, it's just a coincidence. xd.png

For me it is 50/50. I only have two kinds of socks because it is much easier in the morning.