TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

well, i tried to make a complicated-looking house, but every time i try to add more stuff, it ruins the look. again, my house ended up simple-looking. i like it, but it's not as complicated as others'. http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/cod%20cod

EDIT: not to mention it took me forever to make. >.> not sure about having that tree there either...

blink.gif That's blue... blink.gif

Does anybody know if TJ will let us decorate throughout the year, or if he will end it when Christmas season ends?

It will end when the Christmas festivities end. smile.gif

After seeing all the amazing houses, I think I'll go redecorate mine... It looks horribly plain next to the ones I've been seeing! Keep up the great work guys. wub.gif

X.X

Major envy towards the people who have the skills/time to redecorate their house over and over. It took me hours just to figure out how to layer the whole thing xd.png Here's how it is now: http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/s0r0k4 (yep, those hours mostly went toward the foliage, the house itself is pretty blah...errm work in progress? >.<)

Major envy at yours! All that beautiful greenery - it reminds me of the wisteria that covered the house where I grew up. So beautiful! *sighs happily*

Well for last year's Holiday Wreath, I thought we'd be able to redecorate it anytime, and ended up with a bare wreath tongue.gif  So this year, I wanted to make sure I really liked what I'd done before letting it sit, just in case TJ intends to stop the decorating at some point.  Here's mine.  I really had fun doing it, and was very inspired by what I saw in others' creations.  Thanks to TJ and the spriters for another fun Holiday event!

Wow! I love the swans! That was really creative use of the frosting!!

Edited by Erithan

Blue is my favorite color! Your house is lovely~~

*sings* I'm blue dabu de.....sorry...

Lovely color to use smile.gif

Wow everytime I see a new house I don't think I can see anything cooler, then somone posts something with yet another unique twist or creative design. And mine feels more bland everytime xd.pngblink.gif but still fun.

Great work everyone!

Edited by Erithan

X.X

Major envy  towards the people who have the skills/time to redecorate their house over and over. It took me hours just to figure out how to layer the whole thing xd.png Here's how it is now: http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/s0r0k4 (yep, those hours mostly went toward the foliage, the house itself is pretty blah...errm work in progress? >.<)

Amazing! It's so beautiful house. wub.gif

Wow! I love the swans! That was really creative use of the frosting!!

I totally agree. That is super cute! Love the water and swans, and the tree through the window! Mine is pretty basic, but I tried to add a holiday dragon and her eggy on the roof. :/

Gingerbread House

This is my first event in foooorever and I've only done one easter egg hunt, so it was fun! Thanks TJ! Is there going to be a Gingerbread Decorating contest, or just the entry for baking? There should be an event for decorating too. *Hint**cough**hint*

^_~

I totally agree. That is super cute! Love the water and swans, and the tree through the window! Mine is pretty basic, but I tried to add a holiday dragon and her eggy on the roof. :/

Gingerbread House

This is my first event in foooorever and I've only done one easter egg hunt, so it was fun! Thanks TJ! Is there going to be a Gingerbread Decorating contest, or just the entry for baking? There should be an event for decorating too. *Hint**cough**hint*

^_~

aww, I love the snow angel on the roof(if I'm wrong about which dragon let me know). It's pretty^^

I fixed the roof on my house, the candy shingles had been going the wrong way. Now the roof won't leak. tongue.gif

oo lovely shingles, really well layered. smile.gif

I fixed the roof on my house, the candy shingles had been going the wrong way. Now the roof won't leak. tongue.gif

Ooh, has a "wooden-cabin"-ish effect to it~ Nice!

I am so glad I was able to add in my love of horses in my gingerbread house. The only thing done is the horse, I still have to work on the actual house. tongue.gif I'm thinking of making it look like a barn...

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

I am not very good at this stuff, as I unfortunately lack the creativity or the imagination for that... so I have kept mine simple. smile.gif

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/Duysterwald

Doesn't have to be complex to be beautiful^^ Nice work!

@HollyTheColliegirl: Nice horse, barn would be a neat idea, maybe put a fenced around the yard/pasture add grass and such. smile.gif

I couldn't help myself. After seeing all these wonderful dragons on these houses....Pffft, who needs chimneys when you have a White dragon and John Egbert to guard your home?

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/xxBurningxx

Hope it didn't come out too bad. I am half-asleep, after all.

Edit: I would consider adding the cute little wooden cane, but I don't have much room left...and I refuse to take out John's symbol.

Edited by xxBurningxx

Wow, I just love how pretty and creative everyone's houses are - I wen't for a simpler style this year, with a more timid color scheme.

Mah house ^^

Only 4 more hours until TJ's hatchie grow up - can't wait to see the adults. biggrin.gif

Finished mine. My obsession with red led to this:

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/absaroke

Like the design on the roof...

Waiting for the adults...

jerusha.... OMG, Love the swans and the bridge... Beautiful... Beautiful...

s0r0k4.... Love the foliage...

Edited by Husky51

Wanted to share my house. It's kind of simple compared to some I've seen here. I wasn't all that creative with mixing bits together to make neat stuff. I'm still not happy with the front of the house but not sure if I want to clean it off and try again only to have to go back to my original design. I just can't figure out what I want to do with it.

Can't wait to see the adult sprite. Couple more hours!