TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I wish I could look at all the pretty Gingerbread houses but DC is sooooo laggy for me that i'm giving up for right now! xd.png

I wish I could look at all the pretty Gingerbread houses but DC is sooooo laggy for me that i'm giving up for right now! xd.png

Seems to come and go, just hit a huge spike a moment ago o.o

Yeah, I'm stuck mid decorating. I'll wait an hour or so. Hopefully it'll be back.

After looking at the new eggs, I have a feeling I've seen them before, but I can't remember if I have or not ^^; More than likely I haven't, but I'll see once they hatch laugh.gif

oo pretty it's like Stipling! (art form where you make the entire thing shading and all with varying dot sizes and shades.)

edit: well I guess it is technically stipling, just frosting stipling smile.gif Looks really good.

Yes its really cool i like it came out very nice

Erithan, loving your color combination on your house

Yes its really cool i like it came out very nice

Erithan, loving your color combination on your house

Thanks! It sort of went from a silver/green theme to what goes with this green theme lol Only one candy of that shade of green I used for the roof shingles..which I realized after I shingled it... xd.png

Ah well, gives me an excuse to go mad with layering/attempt optical illusions.

Finally had a moment to look at the houses posted in the last few pages. Everyone has made some seriously cool Gingerbread houses! I really love the fact that a lot of people are using optical illusions and building things, actual structures out of just candy, like playgrounds, and their own trees! biggrin.gif

The site is lagging so bad i can't even view any houses.

I'm excited to see TJ's dragons grow up. They look like tiny reindeer. xd.png

Whew! Finally! biggrin.gif

I think my house is as good as it's going to get. Unless of course you all have some suggestions; then I might go back and tinker some more...

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/Enitsnid

Also, what's with the two random icing objects in the top corner? Anyone know how I can get rid of those?

Thanks! It sort of went from a silver/green theme to what goes with this green theme lol Only one candy of that shade of green I used for the roof shingles..which I realized after I shingled it... xd.png

Ah well, gives me an excuse to go mad with layering/attempt optical illusions.

those pretty minty green leaves may be fun to play with and match and wasn't their a pointseta flower in that shade?

i do love how your mixing the rich browns and the shades of blue with it

those pretty minty green leaves may be fun to play with and match and wasn't their a pointseta flower in that shade?

i do love how your mixing the rich browns and the shades of blue with it

I think so, but not quite that deeper minty green of the round green peppermint shingles.

I ended up using the browns as sorta "nuetral" house color more then anything due to the fact the icing and even the other textured siding looked off to me, or just blended funny with the icing along the edge.

@Enitsnid: Nice house!, and the extra pieces sometimes show up or fall off, you can just drag them off the screen(outm of the house area) and they'll go *poof*

Edited by Erithan

I was decorating my gingerbread house, but then I got bored and a few dragons decided to play on it while I was gone.

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/xdlugia

Doesn't look all that great, but it was a great way to pass the time. xd.png

i am especially crazy for your purple and white dragon, his stance shape coloring so so so so so so so so so so sweeeet (my favorite color is purple can you tell)

I'm surprised no one has done a GingerBread house with TJ's avatar on it.

And now that you mention it, a gingerbread house of it will probably be made.

I myself can't wait to see the new prize dragons, perhaps Tinsels are now being retired as a prize (of course you can still breed them).

so.... how do we know when the raffle prizes come?

The raffle prizes haven't been picked yet as the event is still on-going. Last year, TJ announced in a news thread that the winners had been notified so watch for a new news thread sometime after the event is over. smile.gif

The raffle prizes haven't been picked yet as the event is still on-going. Last year, TJ announced in a news thread that the winners had been notified so watch for a new news thread sometime after the event is over. smile.gif

that makes sense

thank you