TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

What "contest" are some people talking about? I thought it's just a raffle and the house decoration is purely fun?

Been working on some gingerbread house decorating... but I'm afraid I'm kind of terrible with it. XD

Loving those new little holiday hatchers, though! I'm so excited to see what they grow into. ^^

happy holidays to all. Well I got late to the party but got my eggs-yay! Lol. So...I'm kinda a noob at the gingerbread house making, but did manage to put together something that looks like a house. Sort of...xd.png

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/biancathewolf

and now off to bed since I can't even type properly anymore

Well after some much needed sleep I looked at my house again and wasn't that happy with it (looked a lot cooler at 3 in the morning lol). I reset it and started all over again (wasn't happy about doing it one bit). So there's my new house. A lot less color and stuff on it, but imho it looks better. Me-happy smile.gif

Had a peek at others creations-they are (more or less) all great.

Damn, seeing those amazing houses make me feel really bad about mine

I love your house. I love the colors. It's very soothing to the eye. smile.gif

And I didn't realize that there was any contest. Isn't this just for fun? I know that whoever got to make a gingerbread house gets put into a raffle for the new prize egg...that's the only thing going on that I'm aware of.

I love your house. I love the colors. It's very soothing to the eye. smile.gif

And I didn't realize that there was any contest. Isn't this just for fun? I know that whoever got to make a gingerbread house gets put into a raffle for the new prize egg...that's the only thing going on that I'm aware of.

I though so to. Gingerbread houses don't even have anything to do with the raffle - it's making recipes that gets you entered.

More tinkering with my house. A whole horde of little dragons now.

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/skyie

The mom is Jellybean, the dad is Coco, the babies are Peppermint(pink) , Seashell(aquablue),Gator(green), Cynderella(red), Cyder(yellow), Silvie(silver) and Lilac is the little purple. I figure they're a bit like lovebirds, where the eggs aren't all hatching on the same day, rather can be weeks apart(or in the case of draclings, months)

Yeah, I'm done tongue.gif

Oh my gosh I just peeked at yours O.O, i love love love it, you have the whole family all looking all relaxed waiting for the last 2 of the family to come.

The little love bird is just adorable, I agree they are indeed a couple of love birds themselves, what a pretty happy looking family of dragons

Biancathewolf took a peek at your new house, those light posts are super cool

MedievalMystic Your reindeer and sleigh cute

not sure if i am done or not but think i am taking a bit of a break from it for a little while maybe try to look for a Holly in the ap

So many wonderful houses out there, I'm to lazy to start over, i stop messing with it for a while.

MedievalMystic Your reindeer and sleigh cute

ha ha Thanks! biggrin.gif I'm kind of proud of it if I do say so myself. xd.png lol

I don't get the sliced mushrooms

Why did that make me laugh? If you prep whole mushrooms, you get sliced. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

If anyone has the link to the IRC chat, I'd appreciate getting it again.

*stalks ap for Hollies and recipes/ingredients*

Alrighty all finished on my house: http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/majors

And my mom finished her house: http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/gurkie

(Until I find something else wrong with it and change it again lol) smile.gifsmile.gif

There is some amazing work out here so keep it up people!

Edited by majors

Wow, some really beautiful houses. Here's mine.... but I think I have a bat problem. lol

My house

Majors, both houses are lovely, but I must say your mom's house rocks like a boss! I love the colors and how it's designed, it looks almost gothic! Too cool. biggrin.gif

And Bat, that bat is just awesome! xd.png

Edited by MedievalMystic

Wow, some really beautiful houses. Here's mine.... but I think I have a bat problem. lol

My house

HAHAHA I love that!!!! The claws and teeth look so real. smile.gif

My house

I think you have a bat in your belfry, hehe thats a pretty cool one too at that

Majors, both houses are lovely, but I must say your mom's house rocks like a boss! I love the colors and how it's designed, it looks almost gothic! Too cool. biggrin.gif

Thanks I loved this event! My mom was aiming for Thomas Kincade I think, but gothic is sweet to lol She just busted out laughing when I told her that!

Oh and I love your reindeer! smile.gif Awesome!

Thank you. I have the flu so it was hard having the patience to do it. lol