TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Decorate your Tree? That's an old event and can't be done - it's Gingerbread houses to be decorated now

Hehehe, I meant gingerbread house. I was looking at my Christmas tree when I was typing.

Gaaa! There are 4 incu-hatchable xmas eggs in the AP.

I really really really really want to see if there are any Hollies waiting to fit into the AP.

It is driving me crazy.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Caught my two Christmas hatchies right after the site came up from downtime last night. The advantages of living in California. wink.gif

Here's my gingerbread house: http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/flyawayraven. I went for a standard run of the mill gingerbread house. I'm really happy with it though!

Thank you to TJ and the spriters for all the hard work you guys did this year!

arent excess xmas eggs supposed to abandon after half an hour? I already have my quota of two of each of the last four years dragons, and I bred them all this year - buit the ones I chose ot 'keep' are still on myscroll after several hours (I thought they'd have autoabandoned by now?)

arent excess xmas eggs supposed to abandon after half an hour? I already have my quota of two of each of the last four years dragons, and I bred them all this year - buit the ones I chose ot 'keep' are still on myscroll after several hours (I thought they'd have autoabandoned by now?)

That's weird. They should have autoabandoned by now, unless you've put them in teleport links? In that case, they'll stay on your scroll for 24 hours. This doesn't seem like it'll be the case anymore for future releases, though - I read a thread last night where TJ said he was going to get rid of the trade link's 24 hour extension.

Edit:

is the gingerbread house part of the cooking thing? I dont have any referenfe to it anywhere showing up on any page of my scroll or the site

No, it isn't. Once you've unlocked and successfully made a gingerbread house through the cooking game, you'll unlock a separate link to decorate your gingerbread house. Starting this minigame gives you an additional badge on your scroll (which you can use to jump to the decorating page).

Edited by Varekis

is the gingerbread house part of the cooking thing? I dont have any referenfe to it anywhere showing up on any page of my scroll or the site

thank you varekis

Yes I did put them in teleport links and posted on the giveaway thread (thought I could help someone catch up with a heap in one hit)

Edited by 1976_michelle

The whole event lasts until January 2nd, so I think we have until then to decorate.

Awesome I missed that and was trying to get the decorating dates, thanks hun.

That's weird. They should have autoabandoned by now, unless you've put them in teleport links? In that case, they'll stay on your scroll for 24 hours. This doesn't seem like it'll be the case anymore for future releases, though - I read a thread last night where TJ said he was going to get rid of the trade link's 24 hour extension.

Dang I hope we will have at least a couple of hours, it is hard to get people online at the same time, that is one reason I almost gave up DC before TJ promised the Teleport BSA.

Edited by Linda4atc

The Gingerbread Houses are so much fun to see!

Here is mine

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/rosych33ks

Poor little tree on the side is half-nakie cause it cuts off D: I have obviously gone for the pink theme. Is it just me, or does all this candy and frosting look amazingly delicious?

Hah, if you tried eating your gingerbread house you would get such a bad sugar buzz it would last until the next Christmas Event!

I wish the other Holiday drops are as un-stressful as the Christmas events. Last night (~12:05 AM Pacific time), I logged on, realized drops should be happening. Clicked over to the Forest biome, clicked an egg (got it), clicked another egg at a different biome (got it).

No refreshing, no pulling my hair out. It's just like picking up random cave blockers on any old day. X D

The Christmas Drops are definitely a lot less stressful. You can only grab two and then you're done. Plus, there are plenty to go around.

Dang I hope we will have at least a couple of hours, it is hard to get people online at the same time, that is one reason I almost gave up DC before TJ promised the Teleport BSA.

Bad news, he said it would go back to 30 minutes. :( I'm in the same boat as you. Being in a completely different timezone makes it hard to organise exact meeting times. ><

Grabbed the post:

For the next event (Valentine's Day 2013), to simplify the overly-complex abandonment rules, the limits will be changed back to a flat 30 minute protection after breeding. Too many people have been confused about the teleport exception, so it's clearly a poorly-designed feature.

Edit: Killed smiley and fixed quote. :D

Edited by Varekis

Woah... blink.gif

Just went to the biomes to see if I could pick up any CB commons I need, and the biomes are full of the new eggs, but no one's in there trying to grab them. The counter says '0 users viewing this page' for most of the biomes. The eggs are just sitting there.

This is my first DC Christmas, and I was surprised by the AP wall, but this just feels odd to me. Does it usually happen?

Bad news, he said it would go back to 30 minutes. sad.gif I'm in the same boat as you. Being in a completely different timezone makes it hard to organise exact meeting times. ><

Grabbed the post:

For the next event (Valentine's Day 2013), to simplify the overly-complex abandonment rules, the limits will be changed back to a flat 30 minute protection after breeding. Too many people have been confused about the teleport exception, so it's clearly a poorly-designed feature.

Edit: Killed smiley and fixed quote. biggrin.gif

So even when in a teleport link, it'll still be 30 minutes before they auto-abandon? ohmy.gif That's a bit disheartening, I like the 24h teleport rule, but I guess what's been done is done. That's going to be a permanent rule now? (Just wondering ^^; )

I hope anyone intending to breed their Hollies does so before the breeding window closes.

It would be a shame to lose any Holly opportunities.

Gaaa! 2 xmas eggs with 15 hours left in the AP.

Edited by PrincessLucy

I change my mind so much, I told myself noooo more changes, so I'm pretty much done, Holly escape me again this year, oh well.