TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Would probably take up too much bandwidth to have some kind of "Display and comment" section.

You could make a house, then save a screenshot, then redo the house, do a screenshot, etc.

I have been looking at all the houses. I wish I had time to comment on each one of them. I am so impressed with the creativity of everyone! I especially like the way folks came up with ideas for steps and paths. Mine is fairly simple.

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/emerald01

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Matches your user name!

Yay! My Holly Dragons grew up (this means I can breed 'em next year and help spread the wealth around)

Now to just wait and see how these new Holiday eggs turn out - I'd kill time and work on my Gingerbread house, but I have made it simple and am content with it

My Simple Blue Gingerbread House

I am having trouble figuring out how to decorate my tree. I have seen some really awesome ones.

My family just left, so I sent my nephews home, with instructions to do the do their cooking event, build their gingerbread houses, and grab their Xmas dragons.

I know at least one of them is missing a past dragon or two.

My house

The roof is how I decorate my real gingerbread houses. I like to "tile" the roof with candy wafers. I do usually run gum drops along the peak, but....

Oh my goodness--my Holly and my Snow Angels grew up!

-does a happy dance-

..now for my plot...

@HappyAppy: Congratulations! It has a nice lineage~smile.gif

I am having trouble figuring out how to decorate my tree. I have seen some really awesome ones..

Decorate your Tree? That's an old event and can't be done - it's Gingerbread houses to be decorated now

I don't see, either in this thread or the one before, a specific timeframe on the gingerbread houses. It says we'll "unlock the game" on the 25th, but do we *only* have today to decorate?

Sorry for the silly question, but how long are the new eggs dropping again? ^^; With all the decorating and such, I forgot ^^; I want to make sure I have time to gift an egg (when I talk with him again x3) and be able to get another one.

Sorry for the silly question, but how long are the new eggs dropping again? ^^; With all the decorating and such, I forgot ^^; I want to make sure I have time to gift an egg (when I talk with him again x3) and be able to get another one.

3 days starting from the 25th, so they'll drop until midnight on the 28th. ^^

I don't see, either in this thread or the one before, a specific timeframe on the gingerbread houses. It says we'll "unlock the game" on the 25th, but do we *only* have today to decorate?

The whole event lasts until January 2nd, so I think we have until then to decorate.

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/skyie

Okay, some tinkering and 2 somewhat messy dragons have become a family.

The little ones are kinda cute. Not crazy about the adults though.

Hehe, cute! I was going to originally do one with a dragon wrapped around the house or poking its head/tail out of the door but, once again, was put off by the memory of the slightly less than awesome reaction people had towards "picture trees" during the voting of the first Christmas event. It sucked because I thought my tree looked interesting but noo. #shotdown x_X

Was also attempting to turn my gingerbread house into the Parthenon, LOL. The angle and lack of stuff I wanted made it only a partially successful attempt before I scraped it. :P

I'd assume we'd have till the end of the Christmas celebrations to play with our gingerbread houses. It may get locked at the end like with previous events, though.

@ below: You're welcome! ^^

Edited by Varekis