WatersMoon110

Who Has a Holly?

Do you have a Holly Dragon or egg?  

1,193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do I have a Holly?

Say my name out loud. Now say it with the best German accent you can muster.

Do I have a Holly?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Do I have a Holly?

NEIN!

Loved it hahaha laugh.gif

I have nein too, I want ein (or zwei) so badly

Got gifted a Holly this year by a friend who also produced three other eggs which went to the ap. It also happens to be a lovely 4th gen from Santa xd.png

I have seen like 40 plus holies and havent been able to catch one. I would realy like to own one.

Got gifted one yesterday, actually.

He is a tad inbred, but he could make a nice spiral lineage biggrin.gif

Traded for a gorgeous 3rd gen holly egg, and will stop cooing at it and close the tab any minute now...

Aaaaaaaaaany minute...

I just got a lovely 5th gen spiral holly smile.gif After 3 years of trying I finally managed it biggrin.gif

The number of Hollies out there right now can vary largely. I did a quick calculation.

On the DC wiki it says this:

So, before the 2009 event there were 108 Hollies held by owners. If we assume that ALL those Hollies were bred with a different kind, and produced 2 eggs, by the next year there'd be 216 new Hollies plus the 108 original ones. So before the 2010 event there'd be 324 breedable Hollies. If we calculate that through to now we'd get something like this:

108 dragons, 2 eggs per dragon

2009: 108*2=216

2010: 108+216*2=648

2011: 108+216+648*2=1944

2012: 108+216+648+1944*2=5832

So at the end of this years event there would be a grand total of 5832 Hollies out there.

If we run the same numbers with 3 or even 4 eggs:

108 dragons, 3 eggs per dragon

2009: 108*3=324

2010: 108+324*3=1296

2011: 108+324+1296*3=5184

2012: 108+324+1296+5184*3=20736

108 dragons, 4 eggs per dragon

2009: 108*4=432

2010: 108+432*4=2160

2011: 108+432+2160*4=10800

2012: 108+432+2160+10800*4=54000

Unfortunately, this is not accurate at all. One of my hollies, it has 5 hollies in the bloodline, and only 1 of those have been bred, and 3 of them have never been bred.

So many people that have hollies, have gone inactive.

Or - like my adult holly, only produced 1 egg this year. So although I wish everyone came on to breed these during Christmas (I know of a couple of people that do this), they don't and so a lot of potential hollies never make it to the pool. sad.gif

I have an inbred adult Holly that was given to me last year, and I bred her for someone else this year - she had three other eggs that auto-abandoned. Still hoping to collect a nicely-lineaged one, of course, but I am happy to simply have a Holly. laugh.gif

I haven't even seen a Holly egg in the AP yet this year. But I'll keep looking.... If only I could nab 1.

I saw quite a few the first night when I happened to be on (I should really keep up with updates and not rely on luck xd.png). Didn't manage to grab any though just like the years before sad.gif

This is the first year I've possessed one. I was just able to nab it off the AP, it's a 3rd gen too. smile.gif

I have two adult Hollies, which between them produced 4 eggs this year. I'm glad I'm not Holly-hunting this year, my connection here is too erratic and slow to spot them in the AP!

i traded for one but am still attempting to get a second so i can start breeding for gifts or trades next year =P

I have two adults I was gifted last year. I bred both today for a total of six eggs - two gifted and the other four took AGES to be picked up !

I joined in 2008 and finally got one this year(gifted).

It's messy lineaged but I absolutely love it, nor do I really care so much for lineages so I'm very happy.

It's a hatchling right now so I'll add my vote when it's grown up.

I caught two, both on first attempt. One of 'em even has a nice lineage biggrin.gif . I feel the reason I'm so good at catching holiday drags is that I'm often in hiatus during the holidays. (I've caught every 'tine but '12 tho.)

I have this one:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Kpku9

I caught 5 this year; 3 were traded and one was gifted.

The ones that I traded I let go for a 3rd gen gold, 4 cb common hatchies, and 4 hatchies. I don't think that you should have to have a ton of rare eggs to be able to trade for a Holly.